Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

simple reason asgard ships are better than lantian ships

Ive heard alot of this argument

why would the anchients develop ships when they hve these wonderfull stargates why biuld intergalactic hyperdrives when you have a perfectly good supergate theat can be sent thrugh a normal gate and why build a fleet of warships when you have a sheild that can stop anything and drones that blow anything up
    also would explain why the puddle jumper is so refined they need it because the gate is only one point on a planet

while the asgard focused on ships bigger and bettter faster and stronger evidenced by their aproch to the replicators biger and better ships

as for which is better its like the train vs a car train is faster and cheaper once its set up and can take a higher volume of people but only goes set places
    car is more expensive to run but isnt constrained by stations but is restricted in volume

also shows up in their short range transport tech beams and rings same pros and cons also the ancheint stuff is more user freindly any idiot can use it

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Originally posted by eps200 View Post
    Ive heard alot of this argument

why would the anchients develop ships when they hve these wonderfull stargates why biuld intergalactic hyperdrives when you have a perfectly good supergate theat can be sent thrugh a normal gate and why build a fleet of warships when you have a sheild that can stop anything and drones that blow anything up
    also would explain why the puddle jumper is so refined they need it because the gate is only one point on a planet

while the asgard focused on ships bigger and bettter faster and stronger evidenced by their aproch to the replicators biger and better ships

as for which is better its like the train vs a car train is faster and cheaper once its set up and can take a higher volume of people but only goes set places
    car is more expensive to run but isnt constrained by stations but is restricted in volume

also shows up in their short range transport tech beams and rings same pros and cons also the ancheint stuff is more user freindly any idiot can use it

no just no
    deviantArt

Favorite

Newest

Comment

Originally posted by theboywonder View Post
      no just no
      such an inteligent response

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

such an inteligent response
        sigh....

think **** through before you post...

1.) why would the ancients build ships when they have stargates?

A: for defense, just like any other race, u cant exactly defend your planet with a stargate can u?

2.) Why build intergalactic hyperdrives, when u can send a supergate through a regular gate?

A: im only aware of 1 intergalactic hyperdrive and that is on Atlantis, aurora class ships only have interstellar hyperdrives, the ancients had to get to the galaxy to set up the stargate network before they would be able to send a super gate through

3.) Why build warships when u have a shield that stops anything and drones that can destroy anything?

A: they built the warships to defend other parts of the galaxy other planets, they were trying to defend teh humans along with themselves...

4.) Why is the puddle jumper so refined?

A: K, the stargate is in 1 spot on the planet, do you expect them to walk to the other side? come on now.
        deviantArt

Favorite

Newest

Comment

also the ancheint stuff is more user freindly any idiot can use it
          so is spell check.
          Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
            so is spell check.
            lol good call
            deviantArt

Favorite

Newest

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
              so is spell check.
              INDEED. Use Firefox and right click, "spell check this field"

Comment

why would the anchients develop ships when they hve these wonderfull stargates
                So they could distribute the Stargates in the first place.

Comment

Ancient Ships don't drop thier shields like the Asgard when they go into hyperspace tehehehehehe

Comment

The ancients had 2 types of hyperdrives, intersteller and intergalactic, their average warships weren't but that doesn't mean they don't have ships with them on. Also atlantis has a stardrive, why do they call it a stardrive instead of a hyperdrive?
                    Best quotes ever:
                    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                    Thor:I like the yellow ones
                    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

The Aurora's crew certainly knew how to upgrade their hyperdrive to intergalactic

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                        The ancients had 2 types of hyperdrives, intersteller and intergalactic, their average warships weren't but that doesn't mean they don't have ships with them on. Also atlantis has a stardrive, why do they call it a stardrive instead of a hyperdrive?
                        they never had intergalactic hyperdrives on the warships for the simple fact that if the wraith got their hands on one then thats it end game for the ancients the wraith would be able to reach milky way and be able to travel around pegasus much faster being able to outflank the ancients everywhere
                        sigpic
                        Sig For Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cban View Post
                          they never had intergalactic hyperdrives on the warships for the simple fact that if the wraith got their hands on one then thats it end game for the ancients the wraith would be able to reach milky way and be able to travel around pegasus much faster being able to outflank the ancients everywhere
                          The Orion had an intergalactic hyperdrive. It was able to travel at about the same speed as the Daedalus.

Comment

Originally posted by Cban View Post
                            The wraith never wanted to get to MW, why would they, they didn't know there was life there, also we don't know that all of them didn't have the intergalactic hyperdrives, we don't know what type of drive the tria had, the aurora had the intersteller and the orion wasn't made clear though it could ctach up to the wraith ships so it must be at least as fast as them.
                            Best quotes ever:
                            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                            Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                            Thor:I like the yellow ones
                            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitzwing View Post
                              The Orion had an intergalactic hyperdrive. It was able to travel at about the same speed as the Daedalus.
                              I don’t think it would be an incredible leap of logic to say that the Orion was upgraded with the same Aurora files that the two Wraith Hive ships stole.

They seemed to be able to enhance their engines rather quickly even though they are of a totally different design then an Aurora class, so I would think it would be a walk in the park to apply the engine enhancements to an engine design they were created for in the first place.
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:
                              Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
                              *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
                              DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
                              DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

Working...
                              X