Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carson and Keller in season 5. Can it work?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carson and Keller in season 5. Can it work?

I don't think a thread like this exits so I'll start one. The mods can close it if they wish. I am a supporter of both and with Jewel confirming she's returning, is it possible for both characters to work together? Let's speculate and offer our thoughts but I want to make this clear. This is not a place to discuss our hatred for one character or the other nor is it a place to praise them. This is strictly to discuss how we think they could intergrate both characters to the show. If this turns into a "battle of the fans" I will request it closed.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

I think that this is extremly plausible. Keller can remain as CMO and Carson can be cheif surgeon and help with the most dire circumstances when extra help is needed to save lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      I think that this is extremly plausible. Keller can remain as CMO and Carson can be cheif surgeon and help with the most dire circumstances when extra help is needed to save lives.
      I agree, let Carson come back but keep Keller. Rodney has Zelenka, why can't there be two doctors?
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

i thought he was only coming back for the double episode, with possible episodes in the future

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
          i thought he was only coming back for the double episode, with possible episodes in the future
          Correct which is why I created this as JM has said they are considering it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
            I agree, let Carson come back but keep Keller. Rodney has Zelenka, why can't there be two doctors?
            Exactly it can work!

Comment

I wouldn't mind Keller hanging around for a few eps in a Zelenka-type role, but I don't think she should stay as Head of Medicine. She's not old enough or confident enough to handle the role IMO - they need to bring in someone with a stronger personality.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                I wouldn't mind Keller hanging around for a few eps in a Zelenka-type role, but I don't think she should stay as Head of Medicine. She's not old enough or confident enough to handle the role IMO - they need to bring in someone with a stronger personality.
                I am probably going to get flamed for this but I disagree. Yes Carson is more experienced but despite her young age and early lack of confidence she has definatly proven her worth IMO.

Comment

I can work, but Keller should stay in Atlantis. She needs more development, but I think we will learn her better in the second half of season 4.

Beckett can be a jolly joker, who should have an own, bigger story arc. I hope he will return at least for 4-6 episode and Keller should get 2-5 episode in next season.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                    I agree that I don't Keller should stay head of medicine. I am having a hard time with her character being head of medicine mostly because of her youthfulness which doesn't convince me she has had enough training or experience to be in that position, however I think that Dr. Keller is a great character with some potiental that I would like to see grow. I think she makes a great doctor, just not a Head doctor at this point in her career.

I would really love to see Carson and Keller working together. I think that Paul and Jewel have wonderful chemistry together. It would have been nice to have Carson mentoring Keller, then I think the cast changes would have been more plausible regardless of how I felt about Carson's death, which I wasn't happy with.
                    Last edited by Rosehawk; 09 January 2008, 07:03 PM.
                    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Carson is specialized in genetic, Keller is better in special deceases. So they can work greatly together.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

They could both be recurring, bot not both regulars.
                        sigpic
                        "It's time to begin..."

Comment

Originally posted by Livingstone View Post
                          They could both be recurring, bot not both regulars.
                          I think Carson could be a recurring and Keller a guest or recurring character
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I think it is possible.

I don't really see how there would be a problem, especially if they were to use some form of alternation between the two. Keller could do odd numbered episodes, Carson could do even numbered. On top of that, Carson could be used if the episode would involve the Wraith or Michael and his mutants, while Keller could be used if it comes to general emergencies and offworld missions.

sigpic

Comment

You should use "Jennifer", because Keller is her family name. So Carson & Jennifer or Beckett & Keller.

I support Livingstone idea, they should be both recurring. And if the main characters need 10-12 times the doctors in the new season, than they will be hardly whumped by TPTB.

Comment

Working...
                              X