This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Polar Express

Has anyone here read the book? Awesome book that was read to me as a child, now being made into a movie. Has anyone seen the trailers for that yet?
    A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Yea, tis gunna be a CGI movie, like toy story, but about the polar express.

How can they turn this into a 2 hour movie? Its like a 10 page book!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I'm surprised no one has b****ed and moaned and screamed themselves into a bloody froth over the fact that at least one of the Polar Express commercials is using music from Stargate. Isn't that one of the Seven Deadly Sins??

Looks good. I'm getting a bit tired of Tom Hanks, but I liked the book.

Comment

We wasted all that energy on Sky Captain and the world of suck.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I want someone's eyeballs to explode because they're screaming so loudly over Polar Express "stealing" the theme from Stargate! I mean, I'm sure a few people gave themselves an apoplexy over the Sky Captain thing, so why no outrage over Polar Express?

Comment

Hmm... I must be the only one that thinks it's kinda cool that they're using music from Stargate. It's fun I can jump up and yell "THAT'S FROM STARGATE!" and everyone will look at me like I'm nuts.

So... Polar Express... I think it could be pretty good. I usually like the CGI stuff.
            Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
            RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

I always think it's kinda fun when I recognise the Stargate theme somewhere else... or music from OTHER movies promoting... er... other movies. I think I've only occasionally been annoyed by it. Usually I'm too busy being amazed by the fact that I know where that's from!

Comment

I think I would be annoyed if it was promoting a bad movie or a commercial for toilet bowl cleaner or something like that, but usually I'm happy because it feels like I know something that other people don't (for once )
                Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Actually, Sky Captain also took the Stargate theme, which my brother and I found hilarious.
                  A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

It would be better if I could stand Chris Van Allsburg style of illustration. I find it very cold and think it's a little ironic that it would be transfered into CGI.

Comment

Originally posted by JediTrilobite
                      Actually, Sky Captain also took the Stargate theme, which my brother and I found hilarious.
                      Ugh... These movies are just using it in their coming attractions. ALL movies do this because typically their own soundtrack has been completed. We should be HONORED as SG fans that other Hollywood productions have chosen this excellent theme! Trust me, MGM gets their royalties.... which I bet SG production never sees a dime of.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        I'm surprised no one has b****ed and moaned and screamed themselves into a bloody froth over the fact that at least one of the Polar Express commercials is using music from Stargate. Isn't that one of the Seven Deadly Sins??

Looks good. I'm getting a bit tired of Tom Hanks, but I liked the book.
                        How dare they use our beloved Stargate music on this crappy movie. No one but Stargate may partake in the playing of that sacred music. I am outraged beyond belief, and I haven't seen the commercial with the music. It makes my blood boil!

Yeah, too much Tom is not a good thing. It's like over saturating the market with a product and thus its value goes down. He needs to take a break and be pickier when choosing his roles. The last few don't seem to have been that good.

About the movie. Never read the book, don’t plan on seeing the movie until like 5 years from now when it makes it to basic cable and it’s free and then I still may not watch. I'm not saying it's bad, it just doesn't interest me.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                          How dare they use our beloved Stargate music on this crappy movie. No one but Stargate may partake in the playing of that sacred music. I am outraged beyond belief, and I haven't seen the commercial with the music. It makes my blood boil!
                          Thank you. I feel better now.

KM- I learned all about previews re-using music a long time ago. Unfortunately, no one ever listens no matter how carefully, how patiently and how link-y your explanations are. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            Thank you. I feel better now.
                            You’re welcome. And I’m still in a frothy rage about such sacrilege. I never should have read this thread to learn of such desecration of the sacred theme.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

Yea, I just saw that trailer a few minutes ago, and I almost didn't believe what I was hearing! I mean, usually this kind of thing is inserted as backround music, but there was just so much of it, and it was so obvious... but I guess it still works out just fine... (and I'm glad I used the SEARCH button this time... I almost just posted a seperate thread about this in the General Discussion Forum!)

BTW, where and in which Sky Captain Trailer did they use Stargate music? Because the ones I've seen either don't have it, or I'm just not recognizing it when I hear it...
                              There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Working...
                              X