Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major spoilage! "Ark of Truth" aftermath and Atlantis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major spoilage! "Ark of Truth" aftermath and Atlantis?

Seriously, do you really want to ruin your "Ark of Truth" experience by reading the spoilers?

Spoiler:

If all the Priors know the truth about the Ori and the Ori are dead, we can assume that the Priors are now allies with the Tauri who "saved" them.

Doesn't that mean that the Tauri now have the support of the entire Ori armada, or at least unlimited access to Ori technology?
    Doesn't that spell "0wn4ge" for the Wraith?

We already know from Atlantis 411 that the Atlantis timeline has passed the end of SG1 (see: Asgard beam weapons), and that means the episodes will catch up with "The Ark of Truth" possibly some time after the movie's DVD release.

Common sense asks for Ori ships to get involved in the Pegasus Galaxy drama, as the Priors would most likely empathise with other humans being "fed on".
    Last edited by xSFx; 07 January 2008, 01:24 AM.
    sigpic
    Don't forget to vote up if you like my ideas. (me <-- attention whore )

And so ends Atlantis.

You know whats important in TV shows, some actual plots. If Atlantis completely Pwns the wraith then what will be the point of the show...another uber bad guy even more powerful then we now are that somehow were hiding out while the wraith went on their killing spree.

Best thing for Atlantis would be if TPTB ignore all the improbable, stupidly unbeleivabe "advanced" technology windfall that earth has gotten these past years. The Asgard beam weapons that allow our ships to Pwn Acient warships with ease is bad enough. Though I do have faith that TPTB will simply "forget" about this technology when its convienient to do so.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Firstly, I seriously doubt that the Ori army will help us, they'll probably just go home through the supergate. Second, even with the Ori ships, I don't think it would be enough to defeat the Wraith anyway.

Comment

Well, they wouldn't have planned for the Tauri to have such technology availabe if they hadn't had some formidable villains in mind (possibly for the 9'th chevron).

I'd really hate the next villain to be inter-dimensional Conquerors though, as we've already had that in "Quantum Leap".
        sigpic

Comment

they prolly went back to their home galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            Firstly, I seriously doubt that the Ori army will help us, they'll probably just go home through the supergate. Second, even with the Ori ships, I don't think it would be enough to defeat the Wraith anyway.
            That's what I think aswell, the Priors and the former followers of the Ori will be more set on re-structuring their society and cleaning out the old ways left by the unhealthy belief in the Ori and their interpretation of Origin...

Spoiler:
            I get the Impression from Tolmin that they will keep Origin, just clean it up abit to give guidance instead of being a form of control...

It wouldn't suprise me if we never have contact from the Priors/former followers of the Ori or Tolmin in again...
            *After all they do have alot to do in their own galaxy*

Comment

Originally posted by xSFx View Post
              Seriously, do you really want to ruin your "Ark of Truth" experience by reading the spoilers?
              It's not a case of wanting to spoil Ark of Truth, it's more a case of not wanting to wait for the film to come out to watch season 4. Also, by the time I saw this thread, I'd already seen the first half of this series, so it's a bit late to change my mind now! By the time that it does come out, season 4 will have ended. Without wanting to come across too selfish, this is my last term before finals, so I'm limiting myself to three hours of TV a week, Stargate Atlantis, CSI and CSI:NY. As sad as it sounds, they're basically what I'm living for, because the work is boringly hard.

I've watched SG-1 religiously from the beginning, as I've mentioned elsewhere, it's partly why I'm doing Classics and Archaeology, but even if six months ago I'd been told the actual release date of the Ark of Truth, I wouldn't have put off watching season 4. It just wouldn't happen. And I don't view it as ruining the movie. I read Tolkien's the Children of Hurin knowing exactly what was going to happen, having read the Silmarillion, and that really didn't ruin it. If anything, it meant I noticed other things because I had a limited idea of what to expect.
              sigpic
              If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
              I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

Well, they wouldn't have planned for the Tauri to have such technology availabe if they hadn't had some formidable villains in mind (possibly for the 9'th chevron).

I'd really hate the next villain to be inter-dimensional Conquerors though, as we've already had that in "Quantum Leap".
                And Enterprise, curously both starring what's his face, you know, man who plays Archer, Scott Baccarach/Bakula, I can never remember it properly.

Sorry for the souble post, I'll get my head round multi-quoting some day.
                sigpic
                If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
                I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

Spoiler:

If all the Priors know the truth about the Ori and the Ori are dead, we can assume that the Priors are now allies with the Tauri who "saved" them.

Doesn't that mean that the Tauri now have the support of the entire Ori armada, or at least unlimited access to Ori technology?
                  Doesn't that spell "0wn4ge" for the Wraith?

We already know from Atlantis 411 that the Atlantis timeline has passed the end of SG1 (see: Asgard beam weapons), and that means the episodes will catch up with "The Ark of Truth" possibly some time after the movie's DVD release.

Common sense asks for Ori ships to get involved in the Pegasus Galaxy drama, as the Priors would most likely empathise with other humans being "fed on".
                  Well actually the movies take place before season 4 so some of that logic doesnt fit. Also if they did that the show would be over as we would pwn most of the wraith with those ships. SO no bad idea.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

As said elsewhere, just cause we helped them 'see the light' does not entitle us to their tech..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      As said elsewhere, just cause we helped them 'see the light' does not entitle us to their tech..
                      It wasn't their tech in the first place.

The blueprints were 100% Ori, they were just the slaves.
                      sigpic

Comment

What i see happening in the milkyway is the Lucian alliance getting hold of Ori Tech, prehaps the Goa'uld lead by a Baal clone (depending on the events of SG1:Cont)
                        This would begin a new threat to Earth in the Milkyway....

Pegasus
                        The Wraith will begin growing new ships and reproducing in greater numbers Earth has like 3 or 4 ships by the end of season 4 and just like the ancients before them have far greater technology but lack the numbers to take on the wraith.

I think Atlantis in season 5 (and season 6 hopefully) would see more big arse space battles with the wraith going up against the Jaffa in the milkyway we get to see how well a goa'uld ship does against the wraith hive.

Instead of bringing in a new bad guy race lets see some of the other minor enemies take their turn at becoming more advanced like Earth has. And can anyone say Furlings... it would be awesome to find them maybe like the asgard come from another galaxy... say Andromeda where they can aid the Atlantis expidition... i'd say Pegasus is meant to be the Pegasus Dwarf Galaxy that lies near the Andromeda galaxy.

But thats my ranting done with, I think with the species/races/groups that are already estabished there is a lot that can happen over the next year of Atlantis that is confirmed.

Comment

Perhaps we'll get to see Wraith posessed by the Goa'uld.
                          Imagine that!
                          sigpic

Comment

Perhaps we'll get to see Wraith posessed by the Goa'uld.
                            Imagine that!
                            Oh god I hope the writers don't read this one.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              Oh god I hope the writers don't read this one.
                              I agree there's no reason to bring a SG-1 enemy into SGA
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X