View Poll Results: Best Episode (Season Two) - Nominations >> VOTE FOR UP TO 3 <<

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Serpent's Lair

9 16.07%
  • In the Line of Duty

14 25.00%
  • Prisoners

0 0%
  • The Gamekeeper

4 7.14%
  • Need

3 5.36%
  • Thor's Chariot

9 16.07%
  • Message In a Bottle

5 8.93%
  • Family

0 0%
  • Secrets

11 19.64%
  • Bane

0 0%
  • The Tok'ra, Part 1

4 7.14%
  • The Tok'ra, Part 2

7 12.50%
  • Spirits

0 0%
  • Touchstone

1 1.79%
  • The Fifth Race

33 58.93%
  • A Matter of Time

17 30.36%
  • Holiday

0 0%
  • Serpent's Song

4 7.14%
  • One False Step

4 7.14%
  • Show and Tell

0 0%

30 53.57%
  • Out of Mind

8 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stargate Rewatch: SG-1 Season Two Nominations

Exclamation Stargate Rewatch: SG-1 Season Two Nominations

Nominations, Please!

This month the Stargate Rewatch is blazing ahead into Stargate SG-1 Season Two, which means it's time to nominate the very best episodes and moments from these 22 episodes! As with last month, we'll take nominations in this thread for the first half of the month and then unveil the award ballot for voting the second half of the month. At the end of September, we'll announce the winners!

The Categories:
    (Remember, keep your noms limited to Season Two only!)

• Best Episode (Season Two)
    • Best Jack Moment
    • Best Daniel Moment
    • Best Sam Moment
    • Best Teal'c Moment
    • Best Hammond Moment
    • Best Team Moment
    • Best Alien Race
    • Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)

(You can also suggest new categories for next month's Season Three polls.) Notice that there are two new categories this month. By request (and the character's somewhat increased role in Season Two), we're looking for your favorite General Hammond moment. And because SG-1 met so many alien and humanoid races in Season Two, we thought we'd add a "Best Alien Race" category. They don't have to be brand new in Season Two, but they do have to make an appearance in Season Two! (Sorry, Nox.)

Here's How to Nominate:

There's a poll above for the first category, Best Episode. You may vote for up to THREE episodes. (If you vote for any more, we'll have to disqualify all your votes.) Remember, this is just the nomination stage. The top vote-getters will square off in the official poll starting next week.

For all other categories, just post below. Two rules:

Please specify the episode! ("That one where Teal'c says 'Indeed'" won't be counted.)

One nomination per category per person, please! So think about it, watch some episodes, and come back and post.

The final ballot will include those with the most nominations, so don't skip over something because someone else already posted it. Nominate the best of the best!

Nominations will close at the end of the day on Thursday, September 15. Thanks!

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - RSS
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Captain

Default Re: Stargate Rewatch: SG-1 Season Two Nominations

Best Hammond moment
    Episode: Touchstone
    Quote: "Here we are transporting our people across the galaxy to find something we've lost in our own backyard. Incredible."

Best Episode (Season Two): The Fifth Race

Best Jack Moment:

Best Daniel Moment

Best Sam Moment

Best Teal'c Moment

Best Hammond Moment

Best Team Moment: The whole episode of 1969.

Best Alien Race: The Re'Tu

Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode): Teryl Rothery in Holiday.
    Last edited by Kliggins; September 2nd, 2011 at 03:59 AM.

Votes in....please don't blank them out this month

Brigadier General

Best Jack Moment:
    Jack has the entire Ancients' library of knowledge downloaded into his brain. the knowledge drives him to an unexpected meeting with the Asgard in another galaxy. (The Fifth Race)

Best Daniel Moment:
    Daniel getting addicted to the Sarcophagus. (Need)

Best Sam Moment:
    Sam's father, Jacob, re-enters her life with the news that he is dying of cancer. (Secrets)

Best Teal'c Moment:
    Returning home to Chulak, Teal'c finds that his wife has remarried and his son has been brainwashed by Apophis to see him as a traitor. (Family)

Best Hammond Moment:
    Hammond makes his first off-world trip visit to P3X-775 to plead for the return of SG-1 from the prison world Hadante. (Prisoners)

Best Team Moment:
    The Team getting Sent back to 1969. (1969)

Best Alien Race:
    The Asgard

Best Guest Star (on one specific episode):
    Carmen Argenziano as Jacob Carter (Secrets)

Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post

Best Jack Moment:
    Jack has the entire Ancients' library of knowledge downloaded into his brain. the knowledge drives him to an unexpected meeting with the Asgard in another galaxy. (The Fifth Race)

Best Daniel Moment:
    Daniel getting addicted to the Sarcophagus. (Need)

Best Sam Moment:
    Sam's father, Jacob, re-enters her life with the news that he is dying of cancer. (Secrets)

Best Teal'c Moment:
    Returning home to Chulak, Teal'c finds that his wife has remarried and his son has been brainwashed by Apophis to see him as a traitor. (Family)

Best Hammond Moment:
    Hammond makes his first off-world trip visit to P3X-775 to plead for the return of SG-1 from the prison world Hadante. (Prisoners)

Best Team Moment:

Best Alien Race:
    The Asgard

Carmen Argenziano as Jacob Carter (Secrets)
    I was still considering my votes on the categories, but I agree with every one of these.

My own mad world...with a malfunctioning Stargate

It's so hard to choose the "best of" from season 2 because it is ALL. SO. GOOD.

Best Jack Moment:
    Meeting the Asgard. (The Fifth Race)

Best Daniel Moment:
    Insisting that Jack leave him behind after he's been hit by a staff blast. (Serpent's Lair)

Best Sam Moment:
    The holding cell scene when Sam/Jolinar talk to Jack. (In the Line of Duty)

Best Teal'c Moment:
    Calmly zatting the underside of the rocket. (1969)

Best Hammond Moment:
    His first off-world trip visit to P3X-775 to plead for the return of SG-1 from the prison world Hadante. (Prisoners)

Best Team Moment:

Best Alien Race:
    The Asgard

Carmen Argenziano as Jacob Carter (The Tok'ra, part 2)

My own mad world...with a malfunctioning Stargate

I don't want to miss my chance to nominate this time; so I'm going to vote early (if not often).

Just as an aside, I want to point out that this seems to be the season of alien possessions. Every single member of the team was taken over by an alien entity.

Sam: Jolinar
    Daniel: Machello
    Jack: Glowy parasites
    Teal'c: Big Ugly Bug

Favorite Episodes
    In the Line of Duty
    A Matter of Time
    The Fifth Race

Favorite Jack Moment
    "Show and Tell" An sickly alien boy with an invisible mother comes through the Stargate to warn earth of a dangerous threat. He takes the name of Jack's deceased son Charlie and wants Jack to be his dad. When Jack sees that there is only one way to save his life he sends "Charlie" away with Jacob to become a Tok'ra.

Favorite Sam Moment
    "Message in a Bottle" Sam works tirelessly to free Colonel O'Neill, who has been pinned to the wall of the gateroom by an alien device, and prevent an alien parasite from overrunning the base and consuming the planet. Finally, she determines they must risk killing O'Neill in order to save them all.

Favorite Daniel Moment
    "Secrets" Daniel is reunited with his beloved wife Sha're only to discover that she is pregnant with Apophis's child. After delivering the child and protecting them both from Heru'ur he once again loses her to Apophis, but he learns that the gou'ald Amunet does not control Sha're completely and there hope he may yet save her.

Favorite Teal'c Moment
    "Out of Mind" After three weeks recovering from an ambush where the rest of SG1 has been taken captive and lost, Teal'c insists on returning through the Stargate immediately to find his friends. When Hammond refuses Teal'c resigns from the SGC, unwilling to give up on his team he will continue the search alone.

Best Team Moment
    "1969" Looking groovy while traveling 'cross the country and across time, SG1 - joined by old friends they haven't even met yet - has the adventure of a lifetime.

Best Hammond Moment
    "Prisoners" Not one to be bullied, make excuses, or leave his people behind, General Hammond steps through the stargate for the first time to take on the Taldor, an arrogant race of people with a zero tolerance system of justice who have imprisoned SG1. During a heated exchange the Taldor learn that you don't mess with the man from Texas.

Favorite Alien Race
    "Thor's Chariot" Destined to be Jack's little buddy and one of earth's greatest allies, Thor and the Asgard are a brilliant mix of earth mythology, urban legend, and pure imagination. One of the all time best alien races in the history of science fiction!

Best Guest Star
    "The Serpent's Lair" Played by one of the great actors of stage and screen, Tony Amendola turns in a masterful performance as the wise old Jaffa warrior Bra'tac, come to help the bumbling humans destroy Apophis's ships and save earth.

Chief Master Sergeant Spidey3121's Avatar

Best Episode: The Fifth Race

Best Jack Moment: The Fifth Race - pretty much all of it, but culminating with meeting the Asgard.

Best Daniel Moment: Secrets - finding his wife, recovering the harcesis child.

Best Sam Moment: In The Line of Duty - being taken as host for a Tok'ra.

Best Teal'c Moment: Family - returning home to rescue his brainwashed son.

Best Hammond Moment: 1969 - knowing what was going to happen and writing himself a note

Best Team Moment: 1969 - whole episode.

Best Alien Race: The Asgard.

Best Guest Star: Jacob Carter, Tok'ra II
    Last edited by Spidey3121; September 5th, 2011 at 08:59 AM.

Best Episode
    The Fifth Race

Best Jack Moment
    “We may not be ready for this stuff….” Jack meeting and shaking hands with the Asgard. (The Fifth Race)

Best Daniel Moment
    “I’ll watch your back.” Daniel asking Jack to leave him behind after he'd been mortally wounded by a staff blast. (Serpent's Lair)

Best Sam Moment
    Sam/Jolinar talking to Jack in the holding cell. (In the Line of Duty)

Best Teal'c Moment
    Teal’c standing up in the middle of the road in a commanding manner to stop a car when the usual thumbs up method doesn’t work! (1969)

Best Hammond Moment
    Helping SG-1 as a young Lieutenant, and then having to keep quiet about it for 30 years! (1969)

Best Team Moment
    The Team sitting around the fire and the conversation about getting back, then the story they tell Michael and Jenny, “…from a galaxy far, far away…..” (1969)

Best Alien Race
    The Asgard

Carmen Argenziano as Jacob Carter (The Tok'ra, part 2)
    Last edited by Krisz; September 3rd, 2011 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Forgot to put best episode, Duh?!!!

Lieutenant Colonel JacksonMiracle's Avatar

Really hard to decide on my favorites for this season. I loved almost everything about it! Anyway, here goes.

Best Episode: "Gamekeeper" - a great episode about regrets and if onlys, and we gained an awesome new piece of technology!

Best Jack Moment - In the episode "Need" when he finds Daniel in the storage room and comforts him as he's overcoming the sarcophagus addiction.

Best Daniel Moment - In the episode "Holiday" pretty much the whole time when his conciousness is in the body of Ma'chello.

Best Sam Moment - In the episode "Message in a Bottle" when she works as hard as she can to free Colonel O'Neill.

Best Teal'c Moment - In the episode "Bane" pretty much the whole episode, but especially when he plays water guns with Ally at the end.

Best Hammond Moment - In the episode "Prisoners" when he takes his first trip through the gate to try to free SG1.

Best Team Moment - "1969" working together to get back to the right era.

Best Alien Race - The Asgard

Best Guest Star - Carmen Argenziano as Jacob Carter in "The Tok'ra, part 2"
    Dear Journal
    My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

alright, dangit, i read the 'vote for 3' AFTER i voted for five!!

can you let me start over?
    sally

• Best Episode (Season Two) - The Fifth Race is the standout episode in this season.
    • Best Jack Moment - Meeting the Asgard in The Fifth Race.
    • Best Daniel Moment - Having to watch the death of his parents over and over again in The Gamekeeper.
    • Best Sam Moment - Having to turn down her father's opportunity to join NASA without being able to tell him why, and learning he has cancer (Secrets).
    • Best Teal'c Moment - Soaking Daniel before joining Ally in the water gun fight in Bane.
    • Best Hammond Moment - Greeting SG-1 on their return from the past in 1969 and telling Jack he owes him "five hundred thirty-nine dollars and fifty cents".
    • Best Team Moment - Driving a bus across the country in 1969.
    • Best Alien Race - The Asgard.
    • Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode) - Tony Amendola as Bra'tac in The Serpent's Lair.
    Last edited by Killdeer; September 7th, 2011 at 08:17 AM.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles

Lieutenant Colonel SF_and_Coffee's Avatar

So glad to see others voting for A Matter of Time, one of my favorite episodes. I need to write up my "Best" list...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3

now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Best Episode (Season Two)
    "The Fifth Race"

Best Jack Moment - "Secrets"
    Jack's reaction to the reporter's death. It was like the loss of innocence, odd coming from Jack who has experienced so many unpleasant things in his life, and his pre-stargate career.

Best Daniel Moment - "Secrets"
    Daniel's reactions to, and interaction with, Sha're. Jealousy, hurt, and eventually working back to love.

Best Sam Moment - "Secrets"
    Sam's interactions with her father. Keeping her actual assignment from him, dealing with his pressuring Sam to join NASA, and with learning that he has cancer.

Best Teal'c Moment - "Message in a Bottle"
    How Teal'c refuses to leave O'Neill's side, and is so distressed by O'Neill's situation.

Best Hammond Moment - "The Serpent's Lair"
    When General Hammond reamed out Samuels when Samuels wanted to slink off to the Alpha site, and how Hammond stated that he would also remain at the SGC to fight the Goa'uld.

Best Team Moment - "Family"
    I think the test of a teams integrity is how they function when everyone is not in agreement. Teal'c is blinded by Dray'auc's situation, and blind to Ry'ac's condition, when the rest of SG-1 is not. Still, the team sticks together, and supports Teal'c, despite their misgivings. That's a solid team.

Best Alien Race - "The Tok'ra, Part 2"
    The Tok'ra. They may not be Goa'uld, but they definitely have some Goa'uld-like arrogance. I think they are an interesting ally because unlike Earth's other allies, they aren't particularly warm towards the Tau'ri.

Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode) - "Prisoners"
    Bonnie Bartlett as Linea. Linea is so friggin' scary.
    Last edited by Naomi; September 5th, 2011 at 05:35 AM. Reason: To complete my thoughts
    My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Chief Master Sergeant SG1Atlantis's Avatar

Best Episode (Season Two)

Best Jack Moment
    - Jack meeting the Asgard for the first time. (The Fifth Race)

Best Daniel Moment
    - Watching his parents die repeatedly (The Gamekeeper)

Best Sam Moment
    -Pleading to Jack as Jolinar/Sam for him to believe her. (In the Line of Duty)

Best Teal'c Moment
    -Shoots Daniel with a water gun (Bane)

Best Hammond Moment
    -Greeting the team when they come back from the past and describing how he's bebeen waiting for that moment ever since they met. (1969)

Best Team Moment
    -Campfire scene in 1969. (1969)

Best Alien Race
    -Asgard

Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)
    -Carmen Argenziano as Jacob Carter (Tok'ra Part 2)
    Mentally unstable like a fox!!

Probie

Best Jack Moment: Meeting the Asgard "You have already taken the first steps to becoming, the fifth race." (The Fifth Race)

Best Daniel Moment: When Daniel tells Jack to go on without him. (The Serpent's Lair)

Best Sam Moment: Working tirelessly to free Jack. (Message In A Bottle)

Best Teal'c Moment: Casually shooting the rocket with the zat gun just before the burn. (1969)

Best Hammond Moment: "Oh by the way colonel, with interest, you owe me five-hundred thirty nine dollars and fifty cents."

Best Team Moment: 1969.

Best Alien Race: The Asgard

Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode): Rodney A. Grant, Tonané (Spirits)

Honorable Mention Quotes:

Jack Oneill – “Now is the time to say something profound… (insert pause) Nothing comes to mind” – (The Serpent’s Lair)

Bra’tac – "These shut-tles, are a formable craft.." (The Serpent's Lair)

Bra'tac – "Do you any more of this 4C.." (The Serpent's Lair)

Teal’c “I have brought you a new weapon, one with increased range and fire power” (Bane)

Jack O’Neill “theres blood, death, hard feelings, I’d suck” Speaking to the Tok'ra in (Tok'ra pt. 1)

Teal’c “Shal Nak” Daniel “Direct translation, very cool” talking about the self-building tunnels. (Tok'ra pt. 2)

Jack Oneill “Doohickey, I believe that’s the technical term” speaking to Hammond referring to the touchstone. (Touchstone)

Teal’c “In my culture I would be well within my rights to dismember you” (Insert awkward pause) speaking to Colonel Maybourne (Touchstone)

Best Jack moment: meeting the Asgard in The Fifth Race

Best Daniel moment: looking for the Hall of Thor's Might in Thor's Chariot

Best Sam moment: solving the black hole problem in A Matter of Time

Best Teal'c moment: his meeting with Apophis in Serpent's Song

Best Hammond moment: going through the gate to rescue SG-1 in Prisoners

Best team moment: trying to save Jack in Message in a Bottle

Best alien race: the Asgard, who else?

Best guest star: Carmen Argenziano as Jacob Carter in The Tok'ra part 2

Best Jack Moment: When Jack meets the Asgard in The Fifth Race
    Best Daniel Moment: Daniel in the whole episode Need
    Best Sam Moment: When Sam/Jolinar were locked up in the cell in In the Line of Duty
    Best Teal'c Moment: Returning to free his brainwashed son in Family
    Best Hammond Moment: When Hammond steps through the gate to free SG-1 in Prisoners
    Best Team Moment: The whole episode of 1969
    Best Alien Race: The Asgard
    Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode): Carmen Argenziano as Jacob Carter in The Tok'ra Part 2

My DA, My LJ, my blog, Icon and Sig by Me