Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will make Lt. Colonel first, Major Lorne or Major Marks?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who will make Lt. Colonel first, Major Lorne or Major Marks?

Who will make Lt. Colonel first, Major Lorne or Major Marks? We've seen that without Mitchell, Major Lorne was respected enough to make it onto SG-1! And he presumably commands Atlantis' #2 team.

Major Marks has run/piloted/controlled weapons for Prometheus, Odyssey and Apollo. Presumably serving as second in command when our teams aren't around. He's also risen the ranks faster than any core character, even Carter! He was originally a Lieutenant on Prometheus, and has gotten all the way up to Major in three years!

So who will make it to Lt. Colonel first?
    Major Lorne
    83.06%
    Major Marks
    16.94%
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

lorne

Comment

Marks will most definitely make it to Lt. Col. first.
      Lt. from his first appearence on Avalon pt. 2
      Cpt. by Ethon
      Major as of Off the grid.

No one in SG made it up that fast.
      Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

I would say that Lorne deserves it more. That is if, as was mentioned, he is leading Atlantis Team #2.

However, Marks is in more of a position to get noticed by those who matter. He is on a ship travelling between galaxies and such. Lorne is consistently in another galaxy, where I would assume people tend to forget about him.
        sigpic

Comment

It'll be Lorne.

The "First Strike" against the replicators was an unmitigated failure when all was said and done, and the IOA will put the blame on Ellis and Co in a wave of beuracracy.

Lorne, meanwhile, was under Ltc. Sheppards successful plan to save Atlantis, and probably was able to rack up a number of commendable actions during the crisis while Marks just sort of sat in his chair.

In many places, especially the Military, its all about who you hang out with.

Comment

Lorne ftw
            I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

lorne, however, wont' make lt colonel until shep makes full colonel. and current popular opinion is that that won't happen for a couple of years at least.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

this thread is so uneven ...the vast majority of the fan base like Lorne and there hardly ever see marks ...all marks does is push buttons and see his captains die

so i vote lorne

Comment

Lorne!!!

Comment

voted for major lorne here

Comment

Lorne here....
                      Spoiler:
                      course i've already swayed from cannon... he's a Lt. Col. in my fics
                      sigpic

Comment

I vote for Lorne. I beleive he's done a lot more then Marks has being in Atlantis and in the front line more.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
                        My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Oh I dunno...

Spoiler:
                          Major Marks was an absolute animal in AoT, pwning replicators left right and centre...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            Oh I dunno...

Spoiler:
                            Major Marks was an absolute animal in AoT, pwning replicators left right and centre...

I agree with you! He got more action than Lorne ever had in SGA. What a biassed poll . I vote MARKS! He is cool and funny

Comment

I really think that it's possible that both Lorne and Marks could be promoted at the same time. They're both equally skilled and experienced in overall SG experience, so why pit one against the other?
                              StarshineRoxie
                              A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X