This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taken

Okay, this show has been out for a little while, but has anyone seen the miniseries Taken, which was aired on SciFi two years ago?

From Amazon.com:

Beginning with the most notorious alien cover-up in U.S. history, the 1947 "crash" at Roswell, New Mexico, Taken introduces the "Greys" and the families they routinely abduct, probe, and, in a couple of cases, impregnate over the course of the ten 90-minute episodes. The three families are: the Keys, from which first Russell, then his son Jessie, then grandson Danny, are all abducted; the Clarkes, who are descended from a liaison between lonely put-upon housewife Sally Clarke and one of the Roswell crash survivors; and the Crawfords, the ruthless G-men who are committed to uncovering the purpose behind the alien visitations at any cost.

I've described the story as take everything relating to UFOs in American history and put them al together into one story. Give it a couple of twists and you've got Taken.

I found the series to be brilliant. The acting, scale, cinematography and more was just wonderful. I don't think that there were any moments that I really disliked.
    A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

The acting was good, but the little blonde girl talked WAY too much. Especially on one of them, where it sounded more like the intro for "The Crow." She was like "Sometimes ***. And sometimes ****. But sometimes ***." That was rather annoying, but the rest of the series was ok.

Comment

i liked the first ep....and the last ep....

in between....the generational jumping and general story progression i found to be lacking....
      Thanks!
      Jordan

my page
      My LJ
      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I thought that Dakota Flanning did an outstanding job. Her character talked a lot, but when she did, she said some really cool things.

Comment

If that's the little girl....
          than yah.....i thought she was great....a great character to bring all the arcs together.....
          Thanks!
          Jordan

my page
          My LJ

Comment

I think that she got best supporting actress or something. Pity she hasn't really been in anything good lately.

I also found that this is an interesting way to look at US history, just from another POV.

Comment

wasn't she the same girl in "Man on Fire" with Denzel?
              Thanks!
              Jordan

my page
              My LJ

Comment

Yes she was.

Comment

shes called dokata fanning or something and shes in alot of stuff, man on fire, one of those teen majobies with a thick baby sitter.

anyway i loved the show, i actually watched it with my dad every weekened, not something we do alot, and i cant wait for the next series!
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Dakota Fannings

been in

Conquistadora (2005) (pre-production) .... Anastasia
                    War of the Worlds (2005) (pre-production)
                    Dreamer (2006) (filming)
                    Nine Lives (2005) (post-production) .... Maria
                    Hide and Seek (2005) (post-production) .... Emily Callaway

Man on Fire (2004) .... Pita
                    Kim Possible: A Sitch in Time (2003) (TV) (voice) .... Preschool Kim
                    Cat in the Hat, The (2003) .... Sally
                    ... aka Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat (2003) (USA: complete title)
                    Uptown Girls (2003) .... Lorraine "Ray" Schleine
                    "Taken" (2002) (mini) TV Series .... Allison 'Allie' Clarke-Keys
                    ... aka "Steven Spielberg Presents Taken" (2002) (mini) (USA: complete title)
                    Hansel & Gretel (2002) .... Katie
                    Sweet Home Alabama (2002) .... Young Melanie
                    Trapped (2002) .... Abigail Jennings
                    ... aka 24 Stunden Angst (2003) (Germany)
                    Father Xmas (2001) .... Clairee
                    I Am Sam (2001) .... Lucy Diamond Dawson
                    Tomcats (2001) .... Little Girl in Park

Tonari no Totoro (1988) (voice: English version) .... Satsuki (Disney version)
                    ... aka My Neighbor Totoro (1988)

Ive seen her in I am sam, Taken, she also did a bit of guest starring in tv shows, main one i remember is malcom in the middle, she plays the one who bites reese, those new neighbours!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                      and i cant wait for the next series!
                      I doubt that the series will be continued, but Scifi is doing a couple more miniseries. The one that closely resembles this one is called Triangle, about the Bremuda Triangle.

Comment

well i hope we get a movie at least straight to dvd.

also isnt 4400 a sequel to close encounters are something?
                        sigpic

Comment

Not that I know of.

I hope that Taken isn't continued. There are so many things that are brought back to life by sequels, it's scary.

Comment

Working...
                          X