Fakes know stuff they shouldn't?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fakes know stuff they shouldn't?

The fake team wants to go back to Atlantis but decides they can't because it's too much of a security risk. How did they know where it was? Their memories were from a year ago, only updated with Weir's *before* the rest of the crew picked a new planet.

Also, if they knew how to get to a planet that had people who knew where Atlantis was, why hasn't this planet already been raided by the replicators? Seems relatively easy to swoop in and probe them real quick to learn where Atlantis is.

Just thinking out loud here, seems like either security is much laxer than it should be or there are some plot holes floating around.
    Last edited by closetsingle; 14 December 2007, 11:17 AM. Reason: title change

um DupliTeam only said they wanted to go back, they didn't know where Atlantis was

why do you assume there were people on the planet? I saw a tent with military stuff which could make it an Atlantis outpost of some sort. also I think there are a lot of planets in the PG, it wouldn't be hard to find one that hadn't been raided
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Very good question...

I vote for the 'plot hole' option, by the way...

Comment

I believe they did explain how they contacted Atlantis.

The fake team knew the location of one of the Outposts, New Athos.

SHEPPARD: Well, obviously we can't fly straight back to Atlantis. They'd probably take us out before we had a chance to explain – but maybe New Athos. We can contact ‘em once we get there.
        So, they went to New Athos, found some Earth military there and asked them to contact Atlantis. The repliTeam knows where New Athos is because it was created before their capture/probing. This would mean the ascension-seeking faction of the replicators would know. However, the problem is that how come the replicators have not attacked/probed New Athos yet?

There are some possibilities that I can think of:

1. Only the ascension faction knows about New Athos, they are keeping the info from Oberoth because they don't want to say where they got it from. The problem with this idea is that I can't remember who probed them in the first place, was it general replicator knowledge?

2. The replicators have decided New Athos isn't worth their time and they are concentrated on fighting the Wraith. However, once they realised Sheppard et al. plus the repliTeam were at New Athos, it became important and they attacked. Maybe that's why they found them so quickly, they already knew where New Athos was.

3. The replicators have been secretly spying on New Athos for some time now, choosing not to attack yet because they might be able to get more information covertly. Once they realise our heroes are on the planet, they decide to call in their ships to attack.

No plot hole on how repliTeam was able to contact Atlantis. But it is not clear how come the rest of the replicators supposedly (maybe they did with options 2 and 3) didn't know about New Athos since they haven't raided New Athos.
        sine sine cosine sine,
        three point one four one five nine!
        Originally posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
        [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
        This is the reality. Accept it.

Comment

There is another option.

Maybe the replicators did know about new athos, but had made the desision that its population wasnt big enough to make it a target.

but from what i saw the planet they were on wasnt new athos. from 4x07 Missiong we saw that new athos was a rather "foresty" planet, with trees all around the gate, in this ep you can clearly see that the gate is out in the open....

as for the repliTeam knowing where atlantis is, maybe they thought it was where wier thought it was going.... so in reality they knew where it was going to be and if they had gone there they would ahve found nothing

Comment

Originally posted by closetsingle View Post
            The fake team wants to go back to Atlantis but decides they can't because it's too much of a security risk. How did they know where it was? Their memories were from a year ago, only updated with Weir's *before* the rest of the crew picked a new planet.
            When Weir was captured they were already headed to the new homeworld so they knew the general location.

Also, if they knew how to get to a planet that had people who knew where Atlantis was, why hasn't this planet already been raided by the replicators? Seems relatively easy to swoop in and probe them real quick to learn where Atlantis is.
            They knew the general location that they were headed to but not a direct coordinate. Mckay ploted the course and Weir likely doesnt know the exact spacial location. Also we would activate the cloak the minute we detected any ship.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              When Weir was captured they were already headed to the new homeworld so they knew the general location.
              No, after Elizabeth was captured they made sure to choose a planet to land on that wasn't on any lists they had previously considered with her, so that she couldn't possibly know where they went.

Comment

Originally posted by jonty-comp View Post
                No, after Elizabeth was captured they made sure to choose a planet to land on that wasn't on any lists they had previously considered with her, so that she couldn't possibly know where they went.
                correct. from 'Lifeline'
                McKAY: Here’s a good one. M35-117.
                CARTER: Does Doctor Weir know about it?
                McKAY: Well, it’s not on our primary or our back-up list. I purposely searched for planets we’d never considered before. The, uh, the Replicators can probe her mind all they want – they won’t find it.
                SHEPPARD: Good ... (he grimaces) ... for us.
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Maybe the replicators have already been to New Athos? We are mysteriously minus a settlement of Athosians, afterall.

As for the Dupli-team being a security risk, they have nanties in them. They're a security risk wherever they go because you never know what Oberoth and the rest can do with those little fellers. It had nothing to do with the Dupli-team knowing where Atlantis was, because they didn't.

I'm sure the Atlantis team also has semi-permanent settlements on other planets around the galaxy, just in case. The Dupli-team might have tried a couple of them before finding some Atlantis members, but they just didn't bother showing it because it's not exciting and they're not the real team.
                  sigpic

Comment

The Asuransknow all information about the teams lifes up until 3x05. This means they don't know anything about New Athos or the new location of Atlantis.

However, they captured Weir so they now know everything that's happened from 3x05 to 4x02 and she did know about New Athos, which means her memories would be part of the RepliClones in order to make the team as close to the originals as they are now.

If it wasn't for Weir, they wouldn't know about New Athos, they wouldn't know about Beckett's death, they wouldn't know about Keller and it's also why they didn't know about Carter. Using mission reports Weir would have read from the team, the Asurans would have been able to create fake memories based on their own reports and now the copies are as close to the originals as possible without another mind probing.

sigpic

Comment

Sorry to quote myself but I had no responses to my post in the general discusion but I think it fits here also...
                      I am sorry I did not have time to read all the pages but did anyone else think that it is an second set of repliclones that the drive was given to? Could the replicator be trying to see what the Atlantis team might do? I really think this for a few reasons.... Carter was not even mentioned by the team, and Shepard said he gave the ok to send Weirs personal belongings back to Earth. Come on even if Amanda Tapping is only doing so many episodes shouldn't it have been her that did this? This may also mean Weir is not dead, the replicators may be holding her for some other reason. I also think since the replicators a networked together they would be able to make the lifesigns detector look like they were living humans. Also how that scan of all the Aurora class ships looked, I think they would have already eliminated the wraith food source or found atlantis. I alos wonder why we did not see the wraith(soon to be named Todd)? Wouldn't they want to have him help them with the drive? I just don't think it adds up, maybe they have probed the missing Athosians and that is how they new about the new uniforms...
                      If it was two sets of clones then I think the replicators could fill in the holes for both.
                      -Z

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=38120

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                        correct. from 'Lifeline'
                        Ok I was wrong about that oops.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          The Asuransknow all information about the teams lifes up until 3x05. This means they don't know anything about New Athos or the new location of Atlantis.

However, they captured Weir so they now know everything that's happened from 3x05 to 4x02 and she did know about New Athos, which means her memories would be part of the RepliClones in order to make the team as close to the originals as they are now.

If it wasn't for Weir, they wouldn't know about New Athos, they wouldn't know about Beckett's death, they wouldn't know about Keller and it's also why they didn't know about Carter. Using mission reports Weir would have read from the team, the Asurans would have been able to create fake memories based on their own reports and now the copies are as close to the originals as possible without another mind probing.
                          Ok so then most likely they new everything but the location of Atlantis. Mabey they assumed it was at the orriginal destination.

Comment

Working...
                          X