This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 2 warning sticker @ walmart?

I was at wal-mart last night, and saw that season 2 had a "warning: may contain nudity or adult situations" sticker on it.

My wife and I are pretty conservative, and we have two kids younger than 5 in the house. I know about the pilot in season 1, but I didn't think there was anything else objectionable in the series (except for maybe some of Vala's comments in 9 & 10). Frankly, I was surprised to see the sticker on the Season 2 box.

Is there anything in season 2 that I should know about beforehand? Is the sticker a mistake?

Thanks for any info!

well there's a bit in 'in the line of duty' where Jolinar takes over carter. the bit where she actually switches bodies and carter looks up with blood coming out of her mouth could be a little intense for little kids but other than that i don't think there's anything that warrents that sticker.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

i can't think of anything either. selmac moving into jacob? but that's a het kiss

apophis' death? but again, that's more implied than what we really see

even daniel shagging shyla was implied, you see nothing

I'm thinking that they're just being very cautious and erring on overwarning than underwarning
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Are you talking about SG-1 or Atlantis?

Stargate SG-1 (Season 2)
        There is no nudity nor mature (sexually) situations in any of the 22 episodes. SG-1's series premiere has a scene of nudity (long story), so that season set has the explicit warning on it. I've heard that some Season 2 sets also have the warning by mistake, so it might just be that.

Stargate: Atlantis (Season 2)
        If you're talking about Atlantis, the only episodes I can think of with questionable content are "Duet" and "Grace Under Pressure."

Comment

There is that scene in "The Tower" where that woman takes off her clothes but all the camera scene shows is her back.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

'inappropriate' is a relative term

some might find the implication that rosha/jolinar slept with bynar objectionable, also the violence and torture in serpents venom and talion, or maybe the fight scene in the warrior

it all depends on what 'inappropriate' means to you

sigpic

Comment

All I could think of really is perhaps Jackson becoming addicted to the sarcophogus during season two, perhaps the death of the Retu mother, but overall I think that is all that really stick out about season two that could be in any way considered unsuitable for kids.

sigpic

Comment

I think it's a case of bureaucratic inertia. They saw the nudity scene in "Children of the Gods" and extended the label to the entire show.
                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Maybe it's because of the violence in Prisoners or Gamekeeper, or possibly Sha're giving birth in Secrets.

I think Walmart tends to be overly conservative in the warnings area.
                  sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

maybe those naked aliens in one false step, they had nothing to show but they were indeed naked.
                    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Blood, guts, explosions, swearing...
                      BUT BOOBIES? GRAB YOUR TORCH AND PITCHFORK!!!!!!

Really, though, I can't imagine what it is in reference to.
                      My best guess would be it was a sticker meant for Season 1 that got misplaced.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                        maybe those naked aliens in one false step, they had nothing to show but they were indeed naked.
                        Actually, Daniel specifically mentions that they're wearing some kind of body suit, even though it looks like they're naked. My guess is that someone thought this was close enough and just ran with it.

I just bought the season, thinking "What the heck is that label on there for?" Never saw any nudity. Period. Though I didn't check the special features.
                        Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

there's no nudity. we don't even get a shirtless jack, dog gone it

sigpic

Comment

Do they have one for season 10 yet? Teal'c fight/killing of Arkad is pretty bloody.

Vala,

Comment

well the show were hathor kidneepd them , sam was on the table nude but had a cover ofer her, was that not in season 2

Comment

Working...
                              X