This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's Farscape?

I've seen a lot of commercials for it on the SciFi channel and I'm just wondering if someone can give me a slight description.

Is it a TV series? Although I've seen commercials for the mini-series.

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

It was a TV series. SciFi cancelled it two years ago. Now it is being followed up on with the miniseries you've been seeing commercials for.
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

It was a fairly interesting show that aired on Sci-Fi for about 4 seasons. Very weird sci-fi, but interesting. It was cancelled a while ago, but has been brought back as a miniseries. I think that if it does well, they'll bring back the entire series.
      A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

Ah now it makes sense. Thank you.

Comment

What they need to do is cancel Andromeda and reair Farscape, with a new season, after Peacekeeper Wars.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
            What they need to do is cancel Andromeda and reair Farscape, with a new season, after Peacekeeper Wars.
            Ditto! Farscape is great! You should check it out!
            "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

*gasp*

You don't know what Farscape was? Even I know!

I used to watch it. But after we stopped getting the Scifi channel and Showtime and all that, I haven't watched it. Well, when Scifi channel was clear one time they had this four parter... I forget what it was about lol.

I love watching Farscape vids even though half the time I don't know what's going on.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
              Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

It's the second best piece of sci-fi to ever hit the airwaves....behind only B5....sorry all....i love SGx but....those two take the cake....

go out...buy the toys, the vhs, the dvd....support the franchise, sign the petitions.....help make SciFi bring it back!!!

and now i'll try and shake the foam from my mouth and get that maniacal look from my eye......
                Thanks!
                Jordan

my page
                My LJ
                From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

To be honest I'm afraid to start watching it, I can only handle one SciFi obession at a time, and right now Stargate is it

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard Buddy
                    To be honest I'm afraid to start watching it, I can only handle one SciFi obession at a time, and right now Stargate is it
                    Just don't try to watch it right in the middle of the series! You'll never follow it lol.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Yes, Farscape is particularily interesting because of the massive fan war it generated when it was UNJUSTLY cancelled by SCIFI MORONS. Other than that, it was basically the story of an earth Astronaut who, when flying a funkadelic little space module was shot through a wormhole and ended up on a living ship crewed by escaped convicts.
                      [email protected]
                      http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                      One nation under dog
                      There of which I stand alone
                      A face in the crowd
                      Unsung, against the mold
                      Without a doubt
                      Singled out
                      The only way I know

Comment

And as I said in the other Farscape thread just now, for those that want some brief information on what Farscape is about -- not so much a plot summary or anything, just a really good explanation and introduction of the main focuses and its emotional drive (shippers beware, this has love written all over the galaxy) check out FarWhat.com for some stellar details!
                        If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jprime
                          ...it was basically the story of an earth Astronaut who, when flying a funkadelic little space module was shot through a wormhole and ended up on a living ship crewed by escaped convicts.
                          Oooo that does sound interesting... and a tiny bit like Futurama

Jeff O'Connor, thanks for the link, I'll have to check it out when I have some more time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor
                            And as I said in the other Farscape thread just now, for those that want some brief information on what Farscape is about -- not so much a plot summary or anything, just a really good explanation and introduction of the main focuses and its emotional drive (shippers beware, this has love written all over the galaxy) check out FarWhat.com for some stellar details!
                            True but the 'ships was written so much better than any other sci-fi.

Comment

Also, the cast just have fabulous chemistry together. Ben Browder and Claudia Black are a wonderful match onscreen as John and Aeryn.

As for Futurama...am I the only one who sees Fry and Leela as demented versions of John and Aeryn? Maybe its the army boots and pony tail...

Comment

Working...
                              X