plot hole? (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plot hole? (spoilers)

How does replica-Weir know that the replicators are destroying the human worlds? Our guys only got the information recently. Replica-Weir's information should be limited to end of season 3.

Besides, why don't they provide the scientists () some real super computers? They need better computers apparently they are trying the solve their problems using 3 puny notebook computers at once.

I am sick and tired of people calling every little missing detail a plot hole. If we list every detail than there is no room to advance the story
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Try lugging a supercomputer around.

Yeah, thought so.

Comment

Well I dont see them running simulations on three laptops off-world.

Story advancement is a poor excuse for poor writing.

Whatever, it is just a TV show.

Comment

What does writing have to do with supercomputer props?

Seriously, these laptops can be plugged into Ori ships and Lantian databases and work fine; obviously they're a lot more advanced than your average laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            What does writing have to do with supercomputer props?Seriously, these laptops can be plugged into Ori ships and Lantian databases and work fine; obviously they're a lot more advanced than your average laptop.
            He/she was talking to me. I think certain fans are to quick to call something a plot hole.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Well I know, most of these are minor things, and I dont want to get into a discussion over these. But the lack of attention to detail, adds up. I have been watching this show for a while and these kind of things happen often.

Besides, the laptops they use look a lot like my Dell laptop at home.

Just to clarify my previous post:
              In real world, most scientist use laptops for trips or presentations. (Which supports your argument on about usage on alien ships etc.) And in real world, computer clusters are used for solving computation intensive problems, like some problems they have in Atlantis. They could have solved the interface problem with the ship tracking equipment at the end of this show in minutes rather hours.

Comment

Originally posted by mroscoe View Post

Besides, the laptops they use look a lot like my Dell laptop at home.
                Appearances can be deceiving.

In real world, most scientist use laptops for trips or presentations. (Which supports your argument on about usage on alien ships etc.) And in real world, computer clusters are used for solving computation intensive problems, like some problems they have in Atlantis. They could have solved the interface problem with the ship tracking equipment at the end of this show in minutes rather hours.

But you can't possibly know that. For all we know there were alien tech imbedded within the laptop that makes it as good as any normal supercomputer on Earth. It's not a lack of attention to detail, it's using your head to figure out that there is nothing wrong there at all if you just use a little imagination.

Comment

laptops interface with a central computer, whivh does all teh beefy stuff. also makes a good dedicated box for hosting a game server.

Comment

How does replica-Weir know that the replicators are destroying the human worlds? Our guys only got the information recently. Replica-Weir's information should be limited to end of season 3.
                    Uh RepliKeller told her.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      Uh RepliKeller told her.
                      Thank you I can't believe no one said that right off the bat! RepliKeller told RepliWeir. I swear half of these plot hole threads are just people who don't pay attention because they want something to hate about the show.

Perfecto!

Comment

Besides, why don't they provide the scientists () some real super computers? They need better computers apparently they are trying the solve their problems using 3 puny notebook computers at once.
                        "Replica-Weir," lol, that's clever.

Plot hole? How, where? I think you just need to re-watch the ep. And for complicated computer tasks, they interface with crystal-based systems of human, Lantean, Asgard, Goa'uld, or Tok'ra design. Based on what we've seen, crystal based tech outranks real supercomputers.
                        sigpic
                        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

In the real world, scientists can also use laptops as an interface to a computer cluster (ie. a workstation). Like someone else said, those laptops are likely to be connected to all those blinky light thingys in the background.
                          sine sine cosine sine,
                          three point one four one five nine!
                          Originally posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
                          [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
                          This is the reality. Accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            Uh RepliKeller told her.

KELLER: The others have given up on ascension. They're destroying human populations throughout the galaxy as a tactic in their war with the Wraith. They're consumed with hatred and revenge. We believe there is another path.

In case anyone wanted to see the quote.
                            there’s a decent living to be made in the selling out of ideals--Darren Hayes

Comment

These kinds of threads are getting really old.
                              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X