Rodney and Rodney?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rodney and Rodney?

Did anyone else get a little jipped off at how bubbly the two Rodneys were at the prospect of their being another? After Mrs Miller, I thought he'd be pissed off at the prospect of another copy. "He's not McKay!"
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Yeah...they (the two Rodneys (heh...it's like the two Ronnies) were too happy at meeting their clones especially after M&MM.
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I think he wasn't bothered this time because he saw the guy as an equal (and not equal in that he was the real Rodney no matter what happened).

The major problem he had with Rod was he was a cooler, more popular, more socially successful version of himself. Rodney has such deep seated worth issues (in spite of his vast arrogance) and Rod played into them completely.

Repli!McKay was just him with all his foibles included and so wasn't a threat.
      sigpic
      by Kaaatie

Comment

The two Rodneys in this episode were like Rodney looking into a mirror. Wasn't Rod, etc. so hey, he was perfect

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
          The major problem he had with Rod was he was a cooler, more popular, more socially successful version of himself. Rodney has such deep seated worth issues (in spite of his vast arrogance) and Rod played into them completely.
          That is exactly it. In fact, that's why they kept finishing each others sentences and stuff. They were the same. One wasn't really better then the other. I loved the interaction.

Comment

Originally posted by scholar View Post
            That is exactly it. In fact, that's why they kept finishing each others sentences and stuff. They were the same. One wasn't really better then the other. I loved the interaction.
            I was laughing during their interaction. I didn't know how I would react when they finally met. I thought it would be poorly done but the McKay bit was great. Even Sheppard's interaction with his clone was good. Hell even Ronan was cool as his surly self and clone. All and all it was a good bit of writing and acting.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
              Did anyone else get a little jipped off at how bubbly the two Rodneys were at the prospect of their being another? After Mrs Miller, I thought he'd be pissed off at the prospect of another copy. "He's not McKay!"
              I agree. I can see the other point of view, but when I watched it, it did seem OOC. I expected Rodney to react with suspicion at the very least, not open armed acceptance.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Shouldn't the team of been more suspisious of there replicator clones i think they accepted them way 2 quickly.
                And Rodney saying how he can work with someone he could trust 100% uh hello replicator!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vorash View Post
                  Shouldn't the team of been more suspisious of there replicator clones i think they accepted them way 2 quickly.
                  And Rodney saying how he can work with someone he could trust 100% uh hello replicator!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  um it was DupliMcKay, and he didn't say anything about trust
                  oh this is great. finally someone who might have 100% confidence, I can not tell you how much I'm looking forward working with you
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Vorash View Post

Yeah I thought it was weird that they believed the clones. I thought they would be more wary and suspect a trap. I thought it was kind of foolish for all of them to split up and go on walks in the forest, if it was a trap, being split up wouldn't help!

And the McKay thing...it's been answered. Just wanted to add that I thought he meant it as in "Someone I can trust to be as smart as me and screw up" because he was getting frustrated with RepliZelenka screwing up back on RepliAtlantis.
                    sine sine cosine sine,
                    three point one four one five nine!
                    Originally posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
                    [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
                    This is the reality. Accept it.

Comment

I think he had more of a problem with Rod being cooler, fitting in better, people liking him better and generally being replaced.

RepliKay on the other hand was exactly like McKay. Same memories, same personality, same way of thinking and reacting. It was more like him having a twin brother with RepliRod instead of having an annoying look-a-like who was more accepted.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        The two Rodneys in this episode were like Rodney looking into a mirror. Wasn't Rod, etc. so hey, he was perfect
                        it was a exact copy of the rodney we know and love and he knew it.

i think this time he was happy. beside sbeing with weir again .....he might not have even thought about Rod

Comment

personally i found this hileriouse, they were so fast, so cocky, and so full of themselves..
                          CLASS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                            I agree. I can see the other point of view, but when I watched it, it did seem OOC. I expected Rodney to react with suspicion at the very least, not open armed acceptance.
                            Not me it was basically a clone of Mckay. I loved it.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
                              I think he wasn't bothered this time because he saw the guy as an equal (and not equal in that he was the real Rodney no matter what happened).

Repli!McKay was just him with all his foibles included and so wasn't a threat.
                              Yeah, I agree, Real!McKay saw him as no threat, especially since repli!McKay couldn't go back to Atlantis (security threat), and repli!McKay had a bit longer to get used to the idea that he was just a copy, so he was ready to deal with another version of himself.

Also, as for the people who think the team should've responded with lots of suspicion, think of it from the writer's perspective. How much of the limited storytelling time should have been wasted waiting for the real team to get over their suspicions? Especially considering that the suspicion wasn't important to the overall plot. I think they did good just mentioning the possibility of suspicion in the jumper scene, using Weir to contact Atlantis, and then moving on with the story.

Comment

Working...
                              X