A way for Weir to return...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A way for Weir to return...

Assuming the original Weir is dead and then Weir 2.0 died in the Jumper crash... is she really dead? If she can be dead, yet recreated for the rebellious Asurans's experiment... that means that everything that Weir was has been stored in the Asuran database, right? What if Weir manages to learn about the events of "This Mortal Coil" and somehow recreate herself, grab a Jumper, and fly away to safey?

I think Weir 2.0 is still alive

And yeah...I think the real Weir (her consciousness) is either in Weir 2.0 or floating about in the Asuran database
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I doubt the clone team is alive. They would have been executed by the Asurans there and then, it just wasn't necessary to show it. I like the idea of Weir being dead in body, but her mind floating around the Asuran database, and Oberoth being unable to delete her. This would leave the door open for an awesome return.

Comment

I think the clones would probably be killed, except for Elizabeth, simply because I think since Weir broke down Oberoth's mental defences, that he'd like to get his own back without her being able to connect to the collective...I think he'd keep Weir 2.0 to torture her for his own amusement because he's a rather resentful being
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Weir 2.0 died in the Jumper crash. Why would he bring her back to life when she'd be a security risk?

Comment

why would she be a security risk now? There was no indication that any of the team had control of the nanites in their bodies. just like jeanie and wallaces daughter in millers crossing.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Oh, I forgot about that part. Still, why resurrect her just to torture her? If he wanted to torture her, he wouldn't have killed her in the first place.

Comment

How could she be dead? Or any of the other members of the team for that fact?

Let's get real here. Human replicator nanites (Miller's Crossing) were able to heal cancer and revive a girl from the dead. And Human nanites are not all that effective or efficient.

Replicator-created nanites are much, much more effective, and unlike Miller's crossing, each repliclone had billions of them in their bodies. So the chances of healing brunt force trauma are a lot higher to the point of almost being a certainty.

Healing cuts and scrapes is easy. And if inefficient nanites can cure cancer, which is a lot more difficult, trauma's a cinch. Cancer requires almost an RNA-level re-encoding to tell cells to stop growing out of control. Broken bones and severed nerves only require to rebuild on an existing set of blueprints.

The Repliclones are alive.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                  How could she be dead? Or any of the other members of the team for that fact?
                  There were four bodies on the floor with blood everywhere. While nanites can heal damaged tissue, they can't bring back the dead. The damage would have been too extensive. The only one who survived was Sheppard, but he was shot by an Asuran soldier. They're all dead.

Let's get real here. Human replicator nanites (Miller's Crossing) were able to heal cancer and revive a girl from the dead. And Human nanites are not all that effective or efficient.
                  The girl didn't die, her heart stopped and restarted a few minutes later. Repairing damaged tissue is one thing, repairing a body that's been violently smacked around a metal box after it smashes into the ground with great force is another. The damaged would be too extensive. The organs would be mush.

Replicator-created nanites are much, much more effective, and unlike Miller's crossing, each repliclone had billions of them in their bodies. So the chances of healing brunt force trauma are a lot higher to the point of almost being a certainty.
                  We don't know that much about Asuran nanites. You're making some vast assumptions based on little information.

Healing cuts and scrapes is easy. And if inefficient nanites can cure cancer, which is a lot more difficult, trauma's a cinch. Cancer requires almost an RNA-level re-encoding to tell cells to stop growing out of control. Broken bones and severed nerves only require to rebuild on an existing set of blueprints.
                  I'm not saying it's impossible for them to survive the crash. After all, Sheppard survived. I'm just saying that it is extremely unlikely. Asuran nanites may be powerful, but they are not all powerful.

The Repliclones are alive.
                  The survivors were shot, so.... no.

Comment

You never learn, do you? From the terminator threads to this one, you're still talking as if you know. Oh well, let's reply.

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                    There were four bodies on the floor with blood everywhere. While nanites can heal damaged tissue, they can't bring back the dead.

The girl died. Her heart stopped. That's a text book definition of dying.

Repairing damaged tissue is one thing, repairing a body that's been violently smacked around a metal box after it smashes into the ground with great force is another. The damaged would be too extensive. The organs would be mush.
                    And healing Weir's injuries from the replicator attack on Atlantis was? ohhh right, the same thing. Right. yeah, guess you're ever so right on that one! Especially since Weir(v1) had less nanites working to heal her than Weir(v2). Keep talking, mister nobel in science. This is awesome.

We don't know that much about Asuran nanites. You're making some vast assumptions based on little information.
                    If by little assumptions you mean "episodes containing nanites and Stargate Atlantis". That's pretty little when compared to 10 seasons of SG1 or the other 2.5 seasons of SG:A. yeah, little.

I'm not saying it's impossible for them to survive the crash. After all, Sheppard survived. I'm just saying that it is extremely unlikely. Asuran nanites may be powerful, but they are not all powerful.
                    Only a few nanites survived the ancients' attack on Asuras, and it managed to recreate the entire Asuran "race", and even expand upon it. And the ones in the repliclones were built to HEAL them specifically.

Not all powerful? You're right. If they were any more powerful, Weir would be revived and flying back to Atlantis with a magical unicorn with rainbows and butterflies, singing praises to your great posting. Way to go, Ace.

The survivors were shot, so.... no.
                    Only Sheppard was shot, and there's no telling just how much damage that would do. They've never shown a replicator weapon doing anything other than stun.

Comment

The original Weir is not dead. Repli-keller was misinformed by Oberoth who was keeping them out of the loop.
                      sigpic

Comment

Where did you come across this information?

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          The original Weir is not dead. Repli-keller was misinformed by Oberoth who was keeping them out of the loop.
                          Oh, I hope you're right... that would be great.
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                            Where did you come across this information?
                            The same person that told me Carson will likely return next season...... me! LOL, sorry. I was just guessing there.

I'd just wait and see. She has one more episode this season. If this last episode is nothing at all to show her character being open, then I'll have to join the rest and say that's it for Weir, R.I.P! . I'm still holding out on this last episode and will keep hope until I see it.
                            sigpic

Comment

maybe earth could clone the real weir using the asgard tech

Comment

Working...
                              X