This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the number of wraith hive ships

i have read someplace else that they may be a lot more than 60 hives in the Pegasus galaxy at the time of our expedition. it was stated that that the data that they retrieved from that one hive may not have had every hive on it. it said that there were 20 or so in our quadrant of the galaxy. they were making an assumption on how many were in the entire galaxy. whos to say that there is the same amount in every quadrant. some quadrants could be more populated with hive ships than the other. and those 21 one in our quadrant could have only been part of an alliance and that would say that they didnt share all the locations of their ships with each other. please post your thoughts

one ep says theres 60 in our galaxy, at that time, but they dont know how many in the next galaxy, so maybe some come and go, i guess we wont know for sure

Comment

What "next galaxy"?
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

well, surely theres a galaxy next to pegasus

Comment

Originally posted by nova View Post
          well, surely theres a galaxy next to pegasus
          Probably, but there's never been anything to suggest that the Wraith could get to another galaxy, in fact everything we've seen says they can't.
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Comment

was'nt there an ep where they were heading to earth (cos shep was stuck on side of ship) *idk how long it would have took

Comment

In 'Underground' it was learnt that there could have been about 60 Hive ships in Pegasus, but it wan't confirmed for sure (as it could have been about 60 active hives, or hives that were in an alliance together).

There is about 49 now. From season 1 to now, they've been responsible or around for 11 Hive ships being destroyed However, that doesn't count any lost from their own Civil war and the fight with Asurans.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by apollo22 View Post
                i have read someplace else that they may be a lot more than 60 hives in the Pegasus galaxy at the time of our expedition. it was stated that that the data that they retrieved from that one hive may not have had every hive on it. it said that there were 20 or so in our quadrant of the galaxy. they were making an assumption on how many were in the entire galaxy. whos to say that there is the same amount in every quadrant. some quadrants could be more populated with hive ships than the other. and those 21 one in our quadrant could have only been part of an alliance and that would say that they didnt share all the locations of their ships with each other. please post your thoughts
                There are 60 in total, wraith hive ships in the galaxy.

Comment

I think there were 60 in the sector where Atlants was in.

Probally around 200 total

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by nova View Post
                    was'nt there an ep where they were heading to earth (cos shep was stuck on side of ship) *idk how long it would have took
                    Allies and No Man's Land, the Wraith stole hyperspace specs from Atlantis and modded their hyperdrives to be able to go intergalactic.

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                      I think there were 60 in the sector where Atlants was in.

Probally around 200 total
                      Check the transcripts for Underground: 60 hives in the whole galaxy.

Of course, that's assuming the Wraith aren't building ships right now, which would be stupid since they've been at war for about 2.5 years now.

Comment

They found out that there were 21 hives in their quadrant of the galaxy, and estimated that there could be 60 or more in the whole galaxy, but really, we have no idea.

Comment

No matter the actual number, there is still far too many for us to handle.

The real questions are, "Are the Wraith building more ships now?" And, Are the Wraith building the exact same type of ships, or are they building new types to address the different threat they face now?"
                          Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                          Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

There was an estimated 60 active in the galaxy atleast. It's possible there's many more than that, it's also possible that was just one factions hive as we now know they're divided.

Active could mean that there's many more inactive.
                            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

In order for the answer to be 60 you have to be willing to assume that that one little pad thing tracked every hive in pegasus, from every Wraith faction.

Given that apparently it didn't even track cruisers at all I find that kind of hard to believe. For it to even be possible it would require that whoever owned that device have tracking bugs on every single hive owned by all their potential rivals at the same time.

I find it much more likely that those 60 hives belonged to a single faction, or alliance of factions, not the whole of the species.

Comment

Working...
                              X