Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    No it isn't... not to me anyway...

I just read the first episode of an oncoming virtual season 6 of SGA... so that's my season 6, and Legacy can be yours.
    Okay, let's try this. Closest to an official approved Season 6 until we get the movies?

And no worries, everyone else
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
      Okay, let's try this. Closest to an official approved Season 6 until we get the movies?
      I've heard differently but okay if that's what it is for you...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well, it's the only officially licensed continuation of Atlantis even though it will most likely get over-written if/when we get movies.

What have you heard that was different?

Comment

A number of people have asked me about the process by which MGM approved the Legacy books. It's quite complicated and in multi steps, but here it is.

First we submitted an outline for the entire series, all six books as a single plot arc, with all major characters and plot in it, following the guidelines that we were given about content. That outline was modified by MGM. We made changes in response to their feedback, and then resubmitted the entire outline, which was approved.

Then for EACH book we first submit a 5,000 word synopsis detailing more closely the entire plot. Each synopsis is then edited by MGM and returned to us and we resubmit until it meets their approval.

When each book is finished it goes to our editor at Fandemonium, who requires changes which we make. Then the manuscript goes to MGM, where it typically stays 3-6 months for detailed LINE BY LINE WORD BY WORD edits. Usually there are 200-300 individual changes suggested by MGM. We make changes and rewrite. Then the manuscript is resubmitted to MGM where it once again has a LINE BY LINE WORD BY WORD edit. Any remaining changes are made.

At which point it goes to galleys. We review the galleys for any errors and final changes. Then the galleys are approved by MGM.

There is not one single WORD in the Legacy series that has not been approved by MGM three separate times. Everything, every last comma, is reviewed exhaustively to meet their requirements.

Of course, as the owners of the franchise, MGM can change their minds about canon at any point in the future, retcon or rewrite as they wish, just as in a future show they can choose to retcon or disregard anything that's been previously filmed. But yes, it is canon. Every single word is approved by MGM, the owner of the franchise.

It's a very complicated process!

Comment

Guys

This thread is to discuss the official novels. If you don't like them, fine. Then you really have no need to come in here and take pot shots at something you're not going to read now do you?
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoGraham View Post
              A number of people have asked me about the process by which MGM approved the Legacy books. It's quite complicated and in multi steps, but here it is.

First we submitted an outline for the entire series, all six books as a single plot arc, with all major characters and plot in it, following the guidelines that we were given about content. That outline was modified by MGM. We made changes in response to their feedback, and then resubmitted the entire outline, which was approved.

Then for EACH book we first submit a 5,000 word synopsis detailing more closely the entire plot. Each synopsis is then edited by MGM and returned to us and we resubmit until it meets their approval.

When each book is finished it goes to our editor at Fandemonium, who requires changes which we make. Then the manuscript goes to MGM, where it typically stays 3-6 months for detailed LINE BY LINE WORD BY WORD edits. Usually there are 200-300 individual changes suggested by MGM. We make changes and rewrite. Then the manuscript is resubmitted to MGM where it once again has a LINE BY LINE WORD BY WORD edit. Any remaining changes are made.

At which point it goes to galleys. We review the galleys for any errors and final changes. Then the galleys are approved by MGM.

There is not one single WORD in the Legacy series that has not been approved by MGM three separate times. Everything, every last comma, is reviewed exhaustively to meet their requirements.

Of course, as the owners of the franchise, MGM can change their minds about canon at any point in the future, retcon or rewrite as they wish, just as in a future show they can choose to retcon or disregard anything that's been previously filmed. But yes, it is canon. Every single word is approved by MGM, the owner of the franchise.

It's a very complicated process!
              First off I'd like to say a big thank you for writing, and wow what a process to go through, you truly must be dedicated to this. You are all awesome.

I have read "Homecoming" and enjoyed it immensely, I now have "Lost" and am half way through, and looking at the time lines for the publishing of the next book, I am really going to have to be patient, June 2011! But I will wait. I am glad that you are writing this series and I congratulate you on a job well done, even though you have to jump through so many hoops.

I also like fan-fiction as well and read it, I am happy so long as there is stories coming out. And the list of books published so far is helpful, but isn't Halycon now unavailable? I have heard this a few times, I have two of the others.

Anyway a big thank you to Jo Graham for all your hard work.
              I came, I saw, I conquered!
              sigpic
              We are unique! Created unique!
              Sevenofnine

Comment

Thanks for posting that, Jo. I'll now have a post to always refer back to. I, too, am thoroughly enjoying the Legacy series and am eagerly awaiting the next novel in the series.
                sigpic

Comment

Wow, that is a lot to go through. No wonder the books jeep getting delayed. Thanks fir the info!

The Lost us currently sitting on an end table in my living room. If only I had time to read thus week. Really looking forward to it.

Comment

Hi all.
                    I've just finished reading 'Rising' by Sally Malcom.
                    And I have to say I enjoyed reading it.

Ok, I've seen the episode several times. And the novel is a little different, but not
                    so you'd notice. In fact the differences add to the enjoyment of the novel.
                    Ms. Malcom writes well, I also have her audio adventures, and I hope to read some more
                    of her work.
                    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                    To thy own self... Be true
                    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Does anyone know if any books besides the Legacy series are going to come out during the time of the Legacy series. There are some other writers of the Fandemonium out there and was wondering if there would be any books released.

I see the Legacy series as the plot for the entire Season 6 and usually, in the show, there are some side stories that might allude to the plot as a side not but are not entirely focused on it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hello all. I have just finished my first SGA book - Dead End - and was wondering what everyone's favorite SGA book is??

I know there are many out there but I do not wish to read them if they aren't good, you know?

sigpic
                        Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                          Hello all. I have just finished my first SGA book - Dead End - and was wondering what everyone's favorite SGA book is??

I know there are many out there but I do not wish to read them if they aren't good, you know?
                          Hi m&m
                          For me it's definitely "Reliquary".
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm really digging the Legacy series at the moment. Am a big fan of Exogenesis and Chosen too.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post

Rising and Reliquary. Can't decide which one is better .

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                              Sig & Avi by Josi
                              sigpic
                              LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                              I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

I would say the Legacy series is a really good read. Death Game and Bloodties are two of my favorites.

Comment

Working...
                                X