New Stargate Prop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Stargate Prop?

I don't have a screenshot, but was that a new Stargate prop in this episode? It looked sort-of gold colored and the event horizon was nicer. I don't know, maybe I just need to lay off the skooma
    Last edited by DeRoest; 18 November 2007, 12:26 AM. Reason: we decided its not a prop

Cut the caffeine as well. No gold color.

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

Definitely gold coloring, you're not hallucinating.

Comment

Wasn't it CGI, no prop?
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
          Wasn't it CGI, no prop?
          well the event horizon is obviously, but i think they typically lug a plastic prop to the forest set each episode

Comment

Originally posted by DeRoest View Post
            well the event horizon is obviously, but i think they typically lug a plastic prop to the forest set each episode
            They use to but I'm fairly certain it's all CG now. Much easier than lugging one arround. BTW most wouldn't understand your skooma line but I'm an Elder Scrolls fanatic as well. On my fourth time through oblivion now.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I thought the gate looked a bit hinky this week. I guess it wasn't the drugs the doctors are making me take, seeing as I'm not the only one that noticed it looked different. I didn't necessarily see it as being gold colored, but more shiney and metalic and reflecting the outside light.
              Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
              Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

They keep changing the Stargate puddle, when they should have a stock one, like they use for when they shoot the practicle puddle on to the screen.(listen to the season 3 commentaries.)

I mean seriously, the puddle in Reunion when Carter first walked in, YUKK!!!.

I am not surprised that this episode would have a faulty puddle, but i still say, MEH!!
                sigpic
                i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

There has never been a stargate prop in Atlantis, it was always CGI!

And for me this one looked golden as well. Maybe the Ancients had some sort of stargates produced(in SGA some even have 9 chevrons and some have 8 ).
                  The cake is a lie!

Comment

The gate did look more golden this week, however I just considered it down to the odd colour of the atmosphere when they arrived on the other side. Sort of like K'Tau or the two or three other worlds we've seen with a different colour.

sigpic

Comment

It looks just asif it's the atmosphere effecting the colour of the colour.

Comment

They have never had a second gate prop for Atlantis unlike SG-1. It has been a CG gate every time in Atlantis for offworld gates.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                          There has never been a stargate prop in Atlantis, it was always CGI!
                          I dunno, I've seen a few behind the scenes shots and the Stargate was definitely there. Not active, but there. Do they actually go to all the trouble to add it in?
                          || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

I always thought that SGA did have a plastic gate for use when on location.

If an offworld gate is going to be seen just once (like with this episode) the gate is just CGI because they don't need to worry about interacting with it or even having to show it again. But if there is going to be a lot of gate time, or showing the gate often then they'd use a prop.

That's what they did with SG1.

sigpic

Comment

No Vala M is right, I believe it's mentioned on one of the commentaries in the first season that there is only one actual pegasus gate (which is rubber) and the offworld gate is always cgi.

Comment

Working...
                              X