No announcement yet.

Powerless (211)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally got to see it. i could deal iwth niki dying. and peter. but man...the simple fact that sylar won't bloody well die is enough to put me off watching the show.

they have heros finding thier powers on a daily basis and they won't kill off this too powerful psycho????
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HenryHayes View Post
      If
      Spoiler:
      Nathan

is not saved in the next Volume & combine that with the extreme stupidy of this episode I got no problem with switching to 24 same time different channel I let alot of things slide this Volume but this Episode was something else
      This just in.

This is not a 24 thread.

In totally being hypocritical, when does it start?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        finally got to see it. i could deal iwth niki dying. and peter. but man...the simple fact that sylar won't bloody well die is enough to put me off watching the show.

they have heros finding thier powers on a daily basis and they won't kill off this too powerful psycho????
        Sylar has had less screen time than a lot of other show's villains. In keeping with the Gateworld community (including other shows that have threads here and shows like them), a few examples would be Ra, Baal, Anubis, Lex Luther, yellow-eyes demon, etc. That seemed to work out just fine for everyone.

I do agree, however, if he's still around in season 5 or so and hasn't evolved into more than just an evil power-hungry guy, than it will get old. But here's to hoping we get the chance to find out.

Comment

I like the way they gave Elle a taste of heroism, it's obvious she's going to switch sides. It's strange how Hiro has gone form the most easily likable 'hero' character to one of the most childish and unlikeable ones, imo.

Comment

Can't agree with you there. He was much more childish in season one than he has been this season. He was likable for that very reason, sheer child-like joy in his ability.

I think the worst he can be accused of this season is hero worship and child-like hope but his bahvior is a bit more mature, not a whole lot but some. If you're seeing him as childish now...maybe it's because you're finally tired of what he's always been. It get's tiresome after a while.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I don't know about anyone else, but I hope the whole Claire's-Blood-Can-Save-Everyone thing comes with a price. Obviously it's been awhile since Nathan had Adam's, but maybe there will be side-affects that take awhile to surface? That might make the whole idea a little more acceptable, and hopefully deter it from being used as a plot device on other characters. *shrugs* Though I don't want anything to happen to HRG.....

Comment

No no no no NO no NO NO NOOOO!!!!!

I am watching a completely different program to the one I once enjoyed so much. I'm so sad this show has nose-dived so soon! Everything sucked! There were so many out-of-character scenes, these people were aliens to me. Peter, for instance, should be popped in the head for having come so close to allowing Adam to access the Shanti virus. Gullible. Maya was played by Sylar... gee, I'd never have been able to tell if I were in her shoes. Gullible. Grrrr, I could go on...

And killing characters all over the place? Let's just kill off ALL the cast and start again! Why so many deaths in so short a span of time? But wait, there is a wonder drug that heals death, found in Claire's blood. Hoo-frakkin-rah!

Major players like the Company and the generations group are left with a cobbled and often confusing series of plots, many of them full of holes.

And the writers striked?? They should be FIRED! Kring needs to gather his scattered marbles and inject some of Claire's blood into the show before things just become repugnant.

Also note the next chapter is called "Villains"... the show is called "Heroes" and already the producers are changing course. I don't CARE about pathetic bad guys like Sylar and Adam, Bob and the Company, or the nasty mums and dads heroes club... they want a TRUE villain, one like the comic books, one that scares the crap out of us and isn't some good-looking, suave, pesky, arrogant fool!

All the bad things you guys said about this ep get my complete agreement. I'll be handing out greens like candy canes.

Heroes...Zeroes
                Last edited by Dusk; 08 December 2007, 05:24 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

...does anyone even remember that the original idea was to have a different set of heroes every year? It's only because fans demanded they see more of the old ones that the writers were forced to come up with stretched plot lines for them all...
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                    ...does anyone even remember that the original idea was to have a different set of heroes every year? It's only because fans demanded they see more of the old ones that the writers were forced to come up with stretched plot lines for them all...
                    If Maya and Alejandro are examples of the kinds of heroes we would have been subjected to, I'm quite happy to have the S1 gang back again.

Comment

That would stink. They give us a good cast in season 1, and they don't even link anyhing to season 2. And that would mean Maya and Alejandro AND Monica almost every season. And can't they give us a new villain. Sylar cut open your head-super scary. What does Bob do, turn you into gold and give you to your family? That's one lucky family. And the company-it' just the mafia. Give us a villain who is god at what he does and has some moral judgement and only does it to survive.

Can't say there weren't some good scenes though. Nathan and Matt had a flying scene. Matt vs. Peter was cool. Bob's password being "Midas". adam got what he deserved. And Hiro had some good scenes.
                      http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

I remember. And I remember doubting their ability to do that for this very reason. There is an expectation for scripted dramas that no matter how you try, for ratings and financial reasons you have a hard time getting around..that is, the fact that people get attached to characters. In order to defeat that expectation they'd probably need to retitle the series completely every season and avoid carry over plots altogether...not too practical.

It just wasn't likely to happen from the beginning and the attempt to compromise on this fact is probably why this season was so weak. They just did not kill off or otherwise render unusable enough characters last season and continued to add. They'd have been better off with a replacement method. Kill two add two. and make the deaths count.

Sylar should have stayed dead. D.L. should have died at the end of s1. no more story for either.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                          If Maya and Alejandro are examples of the kinds of heroes we would have been subjected to, I'm quite happy to have the S1 gang back again.
                          Gotta agree. *sigh* I don't see any need to cast aside the old characters each season provided that they have a point to continue being there. If there's no room for a character in a story arc, I'd rather see them omitted for half a season or whatever length and then come back later when they have a purpose. This could easily have been done with Niki and Micah- they simply didn't belong in this volume. What the producers should have done was just not have them at all- and bring them back to a volume where they could actually become a meaningful part of the story. Honestly, this volume could have been cut in half, tightened up, and I think it would have been a really good as a six-eight episode arc. Get rid of Maya and Alejandro, get rid of the whole Ireland bit and the dumb boyfriend for Claire, reduce Hiro in Japan to no more than three episodes and there you go. Tighter story that's easier to follow that doesn't keep getting pulled away to the pointless bits. When you add up all the pointless material that was in there, it comes out to several episodes worth. What happened to Matt after the first few eps? After trapping his father he returned to being a footnote character, despite the fact that he had been the most interesting of the season up to that point.

Not to mention that by the end of the arc, the only new characters this season that felt like they had any point to them were Adam and Elle. Adam met his end and should stay that way- at least for a LONG time. Maybe a few seasons down the line have him return. Maybe- and again back to the point where characters have to have a point to being there. Elle.....after a disappointing first few episodes for her, I look forward to seeing more of her character. After that last episode she's got my interest.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
                            Sylar should have stayed dead.
                            Here here! You know I heard a rumour that Sylar was supposed to die at the end of this episode. With actor Zachary Quinto being away filming Star Trek, continuing the second half of the season with him wouldn't have worked.

Then along came the writer's strike. With the extra time, keeping Sylar alive was viable again. So that was one of the script changes before the writer's strike. I believe Suresh, Maya and Elle were to have a final battle with Sylar at Isaac's apartment.

What a shame they wrote this out, as I may have enjoyed the episode so much more.
                            sigpic

Comment

They could have used the S1 characters as a way of introducing the S2 characters. They did a half-job of it as is, what with Micah introducing Monica, Claire introducing Stalkerboy West and Hiro introducing Kensei, but why stop it there? Matt could have found someone while working a case, Suresh could have dug up one of his father's files, Nikki could have met someone at the clinic, DL could have met someone at the fire station or on a call, Molly could meet someone at school, Nathan could meet someone at AA (heh), Peter could have found someone in Ireland- not that he'd have understood it, really, but at least it'd bring in some more foreign blood... hopefully with a real accent , instead of having the Wonder Twins find Sylar, have it be the other way around and Sylar happens upon them, using that as (please gods) a catalyst for his own growth as a character instead of remaining a one-dimensional villain waiting for his chance to strike. *yawn*

Would it have been too much of a coincidence for them all to have met another "hero?" Maybe, maybe not. It could be that like attracts like, or maybe that there are more specials out there than we might think, or it could be hinting at something larger; maybe there's a reason they're suddenly all meeting. Is there a higher power at work? Or maybe it's just another hero who can see the bigger picture and manipulate its contents to a certain degree.

There's so much potential here and so many different directions it could go. It's a shame to see it squandered on retreads and stunted characters.

Comment

I'd love to see Sylar humbled. He was to some extent in "HtSaEM", but he came back just as bad. Maybe have Elle really beat him bad in a fight, just to show that for all his powers, he's not indestructable (I think part of the reason he doesn't think that now is that he only lost to Peter, who was just as strong as he was).

That way, Elle could grow into more of a heroine (something I'd like), and maybe Sylar could try and find a new path. It'd be interesting to try and see him connect with some of the other heroes and help them, but be shunned because they can only see the monster he was. That way, when he inevitably goes bad again, he'd have a reason to be fighting them.
                                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                                X