This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Beginning of the Ancients

It would be nice to think how Ancients started .....

Did they start out as caveman? Ect Ect Ect

whu made them? (creation)
    wer they the first race or was there an Ancient civilisation to them like are furlings ancients ect??

Im sure we will never find out

What are your thoughts?

They evolved themselves , of course they would have been 'cavemen' at some point in their history, somthing along the lines of cavemen anyway, not like they appeared out of thin air as the most advanced race in the stargate universe

Comment

once upon a time there was a bunch of stupid people...
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

The Tauri (humans of earth) are actually the ancients. In the future (dont know how far into the future) the tauri travel back in time to hide in the past this will be revealed in Stargate Universe. As to how humans of earth started out people have many different opinions on that.

Comment

Originally posted by redrama9 View Post
          The Tauri (humans of earth) are actually the ancients. In the future (dont know how far into the future) the tauri travel back in time to hide in the past this will be revealed in Stargate Universe. As to how humans of earth started out people have many different opinions on that.
          What's the source for this? How do you know what will be in SGU when there haven't been any public announcements yet?

Comment

no but the ancients started out as alterans.

the alteran collective split(or did it?) and formed the ancients and the ori.

thus the beginnign of thw ancients. derr wasnt n e 1 listening????

or were you guys watching wormhole extreme again?
            Last edited by Athosian Death facilitator; 10 November 2007, 08:01 PM.
            sigpic
            i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Uh huh, last I checked there was no information on Universe... the only things that were said was that its set in present day, will be kind of stand alone and revolve on things that make Stargate great.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Yeah, well in the FOURTH series, Stargate Awesome, the origins of the Tau'ri are finally revealed! We're actually mentally handicapped Furlings, dumped on the planet Earth in a vicious attempt to rid themselves of us. The dumb Furlings rolled around in a bunch of primordial soup and caused them to evolve into monkeys, and then humans. And THEN they went back in time and became the Alterans.

And Jar Jar Binks is Jack's father.

And Egypt is only a legend. As is Idaho.

And Nazis and green-skinned women live underground. In tipis. Pink tipis.

Trust me, I have an inside source. For realz.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by Athosian Death facilitator View Post
                  no but the ancients started out as alterans.

the alteran collective split(or did it?) and formed the ancients and the ori.

thus the beginnign of thw ancients. derr whats n e 1 listening????
                  Eh-hem. The Ori and Alterans were one race who lived together. The Alterans split from the Ori, and the two races gave themselves names - Ori and Alterans. The Alterans became known only as the Ancients by later races as their history became clouded.
                  -- Brains12

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
                    Yeah, well in the FOURTH series, Stargate Awesome, the origins of the Tau'ri are finally revealed! We're actually mentally handicapped Furlings, dumped on the planet Earth in a vicious attempt to rid themselves of us. The dumb Furlings rolled around in a bunch of primordial soup and caused them to evolve into monkeys, and then humans. And THEN they went back in time and became the Alterans.

And Jar Jar Binks is Jack's father.

And Egypt is only a legend. As is Idaho.

And Nazis and green-skinned women live underground. In tipis. Pink tipis.

Trust me, I have an inside source. For realz.

LOL!

Comment

The Furlings are not remotely human-like. They're possibly humanoid, but they're so different from us their skeletons would have to be created from scratch instead of just modifying an already existing human skeleton. This is revealed in the "Paradise Lost" commentary track when it's revealed they originally wanted Furling skeletons instead of human ones, but the production of these proved too expensive.

The writers have also stated that we have never seen a Furling on the show ("200" does not count).

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                        The Furlings are not remotely human-like. They're possibly humanoid, but they're so different from us their skeletons would have to be created from scratch instead of just modifying an already existing human skeleton. This is revealed in the "Paradise Lost" commentary track when it's revealed they originally wanted Furling skeletons instead of human ones, but the production of these proved too expensive.

The writers have also stated that we have never seen a Furling on the show ("200" does not count).
                        I'm glad coz the furlings in that episode do not have the "one of the four great races look"...

Comment

Good, I've always thought of the Alliance as being a balance between Humans, as in the Ancients and the Nox, and Humanoid, like the Asgard and whatever the furlings are.

Comment

As much as I hate to admit it, I have always seen the Furlings as being like the Mogwai from "Gremlins". Well, when they're cute still.

See, they could easily fix this "cute" fixation by simple wordplay. When we see/hear Furlings, we think Furlings. All we have to do is introduce the planet "Furl", and then we have Furlings. No longer Fur-lings, but Furl-ings. It might shake the cute stigma... or they don't have to... I wouldn't mind little fuzzy dudes.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

While I've personally gone through a phaze of cute!Furlings, I don't see why so many arrive at the conclusion that the Furlings must be cute.

After all, even if it's Furling, not everything furry is cute. In fact, most furry animals are uncute.

Comment

Working...
                              X