X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went Moon gazing........

I went outside with my camera tonight and engaged in some moon gazing
    and got some pictures I wanted to share with you guys.

Go home aliens, go home!!!!

cool, what kind of camera have you got, digital SLR? they're good pics
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

Then moon people will come for you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
        cool, what kind of camera have you got, digital SLR? they're good pics

FuJI Finepix S5600 10x optical zoom but if you use digital zoom it jumps
        to 57x zoom but you have to use a tripod and that's how I got the pics..

Comment

Originally posted by General David Niemi View Post
          Then moon people will come for you!!!

As for the comment about the moon aliens hehe...... I did notice a
          shiny spot near the bottom of the pic ....

I wonder if that was the infamous bottom half of the lunar module
          from the apollo landing

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
            not bad,
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

not bad,

The digital zoom is even better on land.... You can look across a few
              blocks and spy on people, not that I do that. just thinking out loud

Comment

lol, my dad has a camcorder with an almost pointless 700x digital zoom, on top of a mere 16x optical zoom, it is quite high res to begin with, but using it you basically get something so pixilated you have no idea what it is.
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                Quotes!
                sigpic

Comment

lol, my dad has a camcorder with an almost pointless 700x digital zoom, on top of a mere 16x optical zoom, it is quite high res to begin with, but using it you basically get something so pixilated you have no idea what it is.

That is exactly what I was worrying about when I did my moon photos
                  and I had the digital zoom all the way at its maximum of 57x. But being
                  a still camera I guess it can kick in the auto focus and somehow get the
                  resolution as good as it can get. I think it interlaces pixels.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
                    Very nice, I have a Canon Powershot S3 and I tried to take pictures of the lunar eclipse this summer, but they didn't turn out so well.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus-304 View Post
                      Very nice, I have a Canon Powershot S3 and I tried to take pictures of the lunar eclipse this summer, but they didn't turn out so well.

I am pretty sure I posted some of those too... Should be on this
                      board somewhere

Comment

Nice pics. I liked to look at the moon with my reflecting telescope years ago until I lost two of my eye pieces. Just haven't gotten around to ever replacing them so the telescope has been collecting dust ever since....

About the lunar landings, the red dots show where they were on your pics based on this NASA map.

IMO always implied.

Comment

pictures not working you disappointed me
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                          X