Night terrors or Nightmares?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night terrors or Nightmares?

Ok I just took a test on this today correct me if I am wrong.

Night terrors occur mainly in young adults before pubirty, they are associated by several symtoms:
    - Cold sweat
    - Not being able to remember dream
    - Elevated heart beat
    - Elevated breathing
    - Occur in level 4 sleep (1,2,3,4,REM) which is not the deepest level of sleep and they do not occur in sedated sleep (from what I learned)

Nightmares occur in everyone but are different:
    - Being able to remember dream
    - No cold sweat
    - Occur in REM(Rapid eye movement) sleep, which is the deepest level od sleep.
    - minor elevation in heart rate.
    - restfull sleep

Both access the master gland which accounts for the elevated heart and breathing. But very little is known about Night terrors and how they are produced. SO there is still alot to learn.

To the point....

In Doppelganger they seemed to switch from Night terror to nightmare and back again. Like teyla having a night terror and then Ronan falling asleep and having a nightmare in level 2 sleep at most since i doubt he was not experiance REM rebound(when a person as very little sleep or is sleep deprived when they fall asleep they go directly to REM and it usually lasts for hours), then with Emerson he was experiancing a sleep walking episode which usually only occurs in chrildren.

But back to my point. They seem to not have a deffiant symptems.

I just thought it was interesting about the dreams, and felt like sharing my interests. If anyone has more to add feel free.

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
    Ok I just took a test on this today correct me if I am wrong.

Night terrors occur mainly in young adults before pubirty, they are associated by several symtoms:
    - Cold sweat
    - Not being able to remember dream
    - Elevated heart beat
    - Elevated breathing
    - Occur in level 4 sleep (1,2,3,4,REM) which is not the deepest level of sleep and they do not occur in sedated sleep (from what I learned)

Nightmares occur in everyone but are different:
    - Being able to remember dream
    - No cold sweat
    - Occur in REM(Rapid eye movement) sleep, which is the deepest level od sleep.
    - minor elevation in heart rate.
    - restfull sleep

Both access the master gland which accounts for the elevated heart and breathing. But very little is known about Night terrors and how they are produced. SO there is still alot to learn.

To the point....

In Doppelganger they seemed to switch from Night terror to nightmare and back again. Like teyla having a night terror and then Ronan falling asleep and having a nightmare in level 2 sleep at most since i doubt he was not experiance REM rebound(when a person as very little sleep or is sleep deprived when they fall asleep they go directly to REM and it usually lasts for hours), then with Emerson he was experiancing a sleep walking episode which usually only occurs in chrildren.

But back to my point. They seem to not have a deffiant symptems.

I just thought it was interesting about the dreams, and felt like sharing my interests. If anyone has more to add feel free.
    Night terrors are not remembered. So it couldn't have been terrors for teyla.
    Terrors occur in both stage 3 and 4. How long was Ronan sleeping for? In 90 minutes most people are in REM sleep.

Isn't REM sleep in cycles of 10-20 minutes, each cycle lengthening as night goes by instead in chunks of hours?

I always assumed stage 3/4 were deep sleep since there the Hardest to arouse from.

Comment

Regardless of what the biological symptoms of night terrors vs. nightmares are, there was an alien presence that as affecting the team members. Any variances between the two can be attributed to the entity.
      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
      X