Gateworld Virtual Fleet 3.0!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 3.0!

Welcome to the Gateworld Virtual fleet 3.0!

The Virtual fleet is project undertaken by members of this forum to chart our own vision of Stargate. As such it now encompasses over 10,000 posts!

And this is our story...

The year is now 2060, for 50 years the Tau'ri have fought opponent after opponent but finally peace reigns. In the first fleet together with the Asgard we fought the Wraith in an all out war setting the Pegasus galaxy alight. The war lasted 15 years and over the course of it our own actions led to the creation of a super Wraith sub species called the Reapers. It took everything the Pegasus galaxy had and more to win but when the dust settled the Wraith were beaten. In a final act of rage they attacked Earth in one of the largest battles of our time only with the strength of all our allies and iron resolve did we barely manage to defeat them. However Earth was left bloodied and scarred beyond recognition.

Fleet 2.0 took us back to the Milky Way and showed our battle with the Aschen an old enemy. With Earth devastated the Aschen rose to challenge us under the command of a ruthless super human Talos, although his true purpose was serving something far more sinister. For years we fought under the command of Admiral Richardson the most decorated leader of our time until Talos' evil was exposed and he was over thrown paving the way for a new leader, Helena. Talos's allies turned on him forcing him to show his hand and use a new bio weapon which he turned on Helena. Whether this action does more harm than good is yet to be seen as Helena was mutated into a being with more power than any human. With Talos finally dead the Milky Way was ravaged by the Adnihilo an ancient enemy of the alliance. Brought to our knees by this new foe only the strength of the combined free peoples of the galaxy and the alliance managed to turn the tide and defeat them.

Following the destruction of the Adnihilo the Tau'ri were finally accepted as the fifth race taking their seats beside the Ancients, Nox, Furlings and Asgard. A title earned through blood and torment. Richardson returned to Pegasus while Jacob carter (nephew of Samantha Carter) took over his duties in the Milky way.

This is where our story begins...We've taken our first baby steps into the universe it is now time to see if we can swim in the ocean. As the local galaxies turn to us for guidance can we furfil the legacy bestowed upon us and live up to the challenge of being THE FIFTH RACE!!

For the turmoil and challenges we have faced so far are nothing compared to what we will soon meet as we enter new parts of the universe we will meet old enemies and new foes that will make our blood run cold...

Join up; invent your own ships, enemies, characters, races and hold on for the ride!

ALL NEWCOMERS CHECK THIS!
    Last edited by Buba uognarf; 12 June 2009, 06:54 AM.
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

And heres my intro

Intro part 1

The Gateworld fleets have charted the rise of our the people of Earth for the past 50 years. In our own future of stargate we have built a universe of races, allies, enemys, ships, planets, people and an empire which has travelled through 4 wars and has made the Tauri the fifth race.
    Between 2012 and 2035, we fought the Wraith with an Asgard/Tauri fleet, in the process, we gave birth to the rise of a new more powerful species. The Reapers, technolically and evolutionarily superior to the wraith in every way it took all the pegasus galaxy had to eventually defeat them. Or so we thought. In the final battle of the war, Earth was nearly destroyed, scarred and vunerable it turned to its empire. A thriving trade system which eclipsed all but one.
    The Aschen, from an old wound a new enemy, a new superpower rose and challenged us. After the quest for the sword of Thatus, the rise of second son of anubis, a jaffa civil, and many dead the leader of our fleet. Admiral Richardson, allied with Helena of the Aschen, assembling all forces to him, he led them in one final battle against Talos. In doing so he changed the galaxy and was forced in to a war with a sleeping giant.
    The Adnihlo swept accross the galaxy, launching full force in to a war they were unprepared for. As our allies and unknown forces repelled them. The Tauri gained the strength to beat them. Talos had given the Adnihlo vast resources to build their fleets, but our resolve was unbreakable. Talos had also created thier one weakness. Helena, now as powerful as Adria, more perhaps, was a superweapon all on her own. Her armies fought side by side with spartan and jaffa and Earth and in the final battle all those who live in this time were freed.

This is our history, some of it. For those who are new, this is a guide, only a guide, because there is so much depth to this universe that one post would never be able to say it all. I geuss i want to welcome you to the next generation. At the end of the Adnilo war, and 40 years of war, we became the fifth race which for so long was a place in the universe denied to us. In this fleet, every storyline you have wanted to tell is possible, within the fleets we have the backstory to support almost any endevour. Ships and races, battles, storylines, characters, the largest piece of community fanfiction is throwing the doors open. We will be going to new galaxies, meeting new challengers to the Tauri. Our race has only just begun to tell the tale of humanity and the quest to find a lasting place and peace for itself. 3.0 is the third fleet, but it is also a new begining, for people to tell the stories they want to tell. It doesnt have to be Tauri, follow any race, any war. Pegasus, Ida, Avalon, the Ori galaxy, Andromeda or any other galaxy is there to be used. We have a fleet of advanced and powerful ships, great allies for people to use.
    The first fleet was our vision of a true war with the wraith, 2.0 took us to another level of war with a rival superpower. In 3.0, we are supreme and must face up to the responibilities of being the fifth race. We are the power of the universe now, and that brings a whole new set of challenges to a race so used to being the underdog. At the head of the allience of the four great races, all its knowledge and power open to us, now is our time.

Part 2
    After the final battle of 2.0, the Adnihlo were destroyed. In a battle which brought together the entire local region of space. United by a bond that unfortunately, evaporated as quickly as it was forged. The old ways have returned. Disent in the MW allience has resulted in complete disarray. The Aschen confederation, witnessing the power of Helena and the Bio soldiers have campaigned for a new military expansion, to restart the war which was ended by her. The Jaffa have fallen on hard times. Pirates and rouges have plundered thier space, what few ships remain contain the last hope for the Jaffa as a people. They are floundering, out of thier depth and quickly becoming irrelevent. Even their savours the Tauri have almost abandoned them in thier quest for new lands and peoples to experience.

The Fifth race have returned to Pegasus, thier seat of true power, where thier stewards the Asgard and Lantians have receded in the light of thier return. Admiral Richardson is now Admiral of the allience of the four great races, commanding a fleet of Tauri, Asgard and Lantian vessels he commands the most advanced fleet ever known. He resigned as commander and chief of the Tauri fleet, almost a demotion his new role will put him in a position which will give him direct control of all military assets that he knows of. His loyal second is the new C&C, Jacob Carter (Samantha's son) is in command of the MW fleet.

Our fleet. The largest and most advanced fleet in this region of space has roughly 600 vessels. After the loss of 1/3 of the fleet during the brief but painful adnihlo war Earth diverted significant reserve monies to rebuilding the fleet as well as implementing new technological upgrades to our old fleet. In the Year 2060, Earth has 8 Gaia Class flagships which opperate as heads of both galactic, recon and sector fleets. As i said there are roughly 600 vessels, 100 defend Earth on a permenant basis as part of a post wraith protection plan. The Remaining 500 ships are split between Pegasus, Ida, the MW and recent territorial claim in the Andromeda galaxy. Theres are around 250 ships in the MW, 150 in Pegausus, about 30 in Ida and Andromeda and the rest are part of large multigalactic support force in conjunction with the allience under the command of Richardson. Our fleet has also developed Long range scout craft, the Pioneers which will explore the farthest depths of the universe and will never return but hopefully bring peacefulcommuncation and trade routes to earth that now race has encountered.

Tep
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

And so It begins, what are we sorting out first?

Tech list would be good probably and maybe official weapons figures lol .
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Owch, weapons figures are hard, i think tech list first so that we have a solid technology base for when ships are designed for this one.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        11000! green me

Comment

wow! so it has started then? It is almost hard to belive
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
            Owch, weapons figures are hard, i think tech list first so that we have a solid technology base for when ships are designed for this one.
            Yeah tech list first then weapons figures I've decided I could settle with 300megatons for a Goa'uld weapon bolt.

Originally posted by JoNzA View Post
            wow! so it has started then? It is almost hard to belive
            You had better believe it!

Comment

Really is! we have to rebuild, no longer is the home of the fleets the largest thread in the section, its a whole new place and me and buba really hope it will be the best of them all. As you have seen the 1.0 fleet has been bumped but i really surgest checking out the later pages because there are ideas which predate 2.0, when we hadnt planned for another fleet which we could have used, and some of it could be brought forward to 3.0, i will be reviewing those ideas and maybe others might like too.
              sigpic
              11000! green me

Comment

Really is! we have to rebuild, no longer is the home of the fleets the largest thread in the section, its a whole new place and me and buba really hope it will be the best of them all. As you have seen the 1.0 fleet has been bumped but i really surgest checking out the later pages because there are ideas which predate 2.0, when we hadnt planned for another fleet which we could have used, and some of it could be brought forward to 3.0, i will be reviewing those ideas and maybe others might like too.
                Yeah I know 2.0 is a very hard act to follow but 3.0 has the scope to be much greater. There's so much I wanted to do but never got round to as well. Mainly Reaper stuff.

Comment

really? I will be checking ouy the later pages in a little while
                  BTW do you have the specs for the stealth ship? it would be good if you would post them or pm them to me
                  sigpic

Comment

Somewhere i have them, i will post them soon, i need to find them, i have them yes. They are also in the OSDT Yeah go check them out, page 85 onwards, after the final battle have some discussions about what we were going to do next.
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

oh good well I guess I have some reading to do then
                      sigpic

Comment

Technology list

Power sources:
                        Naquadah

Mark I, II, III ~ Discontinued

Mark IV
                        IThe mark four is the standard reactor on all Tauri ships from 2060 onwards. It is the most stable, cost effective reactor the Tauri have built. It has a standard output 800% greater than the origional mark I, just above the mark III. Standalone reactor is small enough in comparison to most fleet ships to be used as the primary reactor while not taking up large areas of the ship. On larger ships, multiple mark IV's are used in tandom for additional power.

Mark V
                        Mark V is the official replacement of the Mark I, a small, light and portable reactor but with upgraded interfaces between it and alien technology, better efficency and anti overload security systems. Ideal for colonies and research bases and as a portable booster to smaller vessels own power systems (such as a Teltak or PJ ship )

Mark VI
                        This is a Large scale experimental Naquadriah reactor, able to power any ship without instability but only large capitol ships, its volume as a standalone unit is compared to the mark IV substandard. However this was the standard reactor for capitol ships for the aschen and adnihlo wars and is therefore likely to remain a reactor that is in use for the rest of the Tauri's Naquadah based war machine.

Mark VII
                        Largest commercially and publicly available reactor, this reactor is able to provide significantly more power than any of the previous marks, and has an output that can sustain towns and small cities for substantial periods of time even with high power requirements. 5 of these reactors now power new london in place of the mark VIII

Mark VIII
                        Gaia's power source as well as several other key settlements. One of the most efficent, output is collosal. It is the pinicle of naquadah power extraction technology, but its size is an issue. It takes up over half the area of Gaia but provides insane amounts of energy for shields and weapons. Its size is a major issue, in fact this reactor was designed with large, extreamely large vessels or settlements in mind. 5 Were built, 3 power the first 3 Gaia vessels built, the other two provided power to New London and New Tokyo Respectively. These reactors still function but are supplemented by Mark VI's which were reviewed and found to be more effective at powering ground installations due to their smaller size. On the Gaia class these reactors have been replaced by newer Tauri Neutrino Ion generators. The Second batch of 5 Gaia's will have an output marginally greater than the first batch. The Mark 8 Does provide power in the range of advanced alliance grade power sources such as the Neutrino Ion Generator of the asgard and Ancient battleship power sources (Not ZPM's) and the mark 8 Gaia's verses the TNIG Gaias are only seperated by a 5-10% margin in terms of power output.

Other:

T.N.I.G
                        The Tauri Neutrino Ion Generator is the most advanced reactor built by Earth, it is based on Asgard reactors retroengineered and studied when on Leviathon along with certain collaboration with other Ion technology dependant races such as the Hebridans. Over the course of 30 years the technology was retroengineered to near 90% idential in both design, technology and power output to an Asgard NIG. It is the power soruce which will define and be used by us as the Fifth race. New ships will be equipped(if appropriate) with this reactor, they are significantly superiour to Naqaudah reactors however thier need for Neutronium to function has led to mines and extraction facilities in Ida to gain the material needed.

Propulsion

Name: Ion drives
                        Description: The primary and longest serving engines are Hebridan or Tauri Ion drives.
                        Modules: Small, Medium, Large, Ultra (City ship size, used on Valhalla)
                        Speed: These are capable of speed up to 70% of C.

Name: Chemical Engines
                        Description: Second most used system of propulsion
                        Modules: Manuevuring, Small, Medium, Large
                        Speed: 60% C

Name: Fusion Drives
                        Description: Newest form of power, a faster, more efficent chemical engine, the fastest drive developed by the tauri so far
                        Modules: Medium, Large
                        Speed: 74% C

Thrust Figures and comparison:

Ion Engines

Small = 70 thousand Newtons (70,000 m/s/s)

Medium = 15 million Newtons (15,000,000 m/s/s)

Large = 20 million Newtons (20,000,000 m/s/s)

Ultra = 23 million Newtons (23,000,000 m/s/s)

Chemical Engines

Maneuvering = 1 thousand Newtons (1,000 m/s/s)

Small = 2 thousand Newtons (2,000 m/s/s)

Medium = 70 thousand Newtons (70,000 m/s/s)

Large = 5 million Newtons (15,000,000 m/s/s)

Fusion Drives

Medium = 15 million Newtons (15,000,000 m/s/s)

Large = 25 million Newtons (25,000,000 m/s/s) (shorter burn)

Shielding:

Shielding depends on a number of factors including power source, type of shield, number of arrays and level of shielding. In the majority of cases, the level of shielding determines the peak ability of a shields defense. The level of shielding (goauld, asgard, ancient) reflects the design and usually the number of arrays. Goauld shielding uses a single generator which creates an occilating field of energy which blocks incoming weapons fire. This is largely inefficent and requires large amounts of power for significantly substandard defenses. Asgard and Ancient shields uses a central generators which creates layers of overlapping shields, the number of emitors placed strategically around a ship creates an overall wall of energy blocking weapons fire. The power source can be located centrally or locally to improve each emitor. This creates much stronger and overlapping fields of defense and therefore much higher amounts of energy it can absorb. The shields on our ships are measured by the amount of direct energy/firepower they can absorb before they fail completely. This is not inclusive of recharge which is affected by power source.

Goauld Level Shielding: Up to 500GT
                        Asgard Level Shielding: 0.5-3.5 TT
                        Ancient Level Shielding: 1.4 - 30TT

A Ship with Asgard shields and a Mark VI reactor, which is standard for most ships can withstand roughly 600GT of energy, this is equivalent to 3000 Hatak bolts which have an output of 200MT's. As ships get more advanced and with better power sources thier shield strength increases. An oniel with a NIG can withstand 1.8TT's nearly 10,000 Hatak Bolts. However the Oniel can recharge its shields faster than the Hatak would be able to fire, making an oniel virtually indestructable against hataks, this is common with a number of more advanced Tauri warships also.

Weapons:

Energy Weapons:

Name: Type I
                        Description: Point defense Ion canon
                        Modules: Single and dual barrel models available
                        Rate of Fire: 2 per second
                        Damage per shot: Roughly equivalent to an Alkesh

Name: Type Ia
                        Description: Light anti capital ship Ion canon
                        Modules: dual barrel models and quad barrel models available
                        Rate of Fire: 2 per second
                        Damage per shot: 10% of a Type II canon, 20% of a Ha’tak canon 60 megatons.

Name: Type II
                        Description: Medium anti capital ship Ion canon
                        Modules: Single and dual barrel models.
                        Rate of Fire: 3 shots per 2 seconds.
                        Damage per shot: Twice a Goa’uld plasma canons yield, 600 megatons.

Name: Type III
                        Description: Heavy anti capital ship Ion canon
                        Modules: Single and dual barrel models.
                        Rate of Fire: 1 per second.
                        Damage per shot: Twice the firepower of a type II 1.2 gigatons.

Name: Type IV
                        Description: Ion beam canon (only in use on the Excalibur)
                        Modules: Single fixed canon emplacement
                        Rate of Fire: Variable yield, can be charged for up to 10 seconds or fire 1 pulse per second.
                        Damage per shot: Single second pulse = 2 gigatons (equal to Asgard weapons) 10 second charge = 20 gigaton beam

Missiles:

Need list of missiles used on our ships.

Kinetic weapons:

Rail guns; Only defensively used and reletively scarcly on ships. However still in use as ground support and on fighters. Due to their effectiveness on terrain compared to coil guns. They cause less collatoral damage to the ground during combat.

Calibres: 10-50 mm, 100mm

Coil guns; Used on ships for thier effectiveness in Space and the considerable extra force provided in comparison to rail guns. They are also more efficent. However both rail and coil guns are not used in calibres greater than 250mm, they are no longer used in an anti capitol ship role due to ammunition costs and the availablity of other weapons.

Calibres: 10-50 mm, 100mm, 250mm

Space mines:
                        Space mines were used extensively by the tauri against the wraith, aschen and the adnihlo. The Space mines are a mass produced version of the Mark X Naquadah Enhanced Missile. They have a 10GT Yield with a blast radius of several hundred miles even in space. Due to the nature of these weapons as mark X variants they are a controversial issue, the mass production of these warheads has led some to fear proliferation of power nuclear weapons that could potentially be recovered and used against us. Despite these arguments the Space mine has become part of our standard arsenal and provide the backbone of our offensive firepower when engaging large scale fighter formations. In a field of our tactics known as fighter screen clearence, a tactic we are highly adept in. This field includes using space mines and rail guns as a preempt to sending in manned fighters. Typically our fighters are significantly our numbered, the wraith wars saw these mines come in to increasing use, with carriers and other ships converting off hand their nuclear weapons in to space minds to beam in to the field of battle in order to clear chunks of the fighter screens used by the wraith to protect hives from missiles. After the wraith wars a fully functioning space mine program was created which resulted in the Mark XSM. During the Aschen and later the Adnihlo wars these were used against the unmanned drone fighters. There were no ethical issues in wiping out such large numbers of fighters in a single hit and entire fields of mines were beamed in to position to stop the incoming fighters before launching our down counter offensive. A Single mine has the ability to down thousands of fighters however the average kill per mine is between 150 and 250 fighters. This is still a highly effective system and a system that we have developed directly and indirectly for nearly 60 years, first used agaisnt the wraith during the second siege of atlantis, they have played a part in turning the tides of every war we have fought and will continue to play such a strong role. As the galactic pool of fighter pilots run thin, we may have to rely on the XSM to deflect most of our fighter engagements and so this technology will remain intricately linked to our ships, especially those ship which rely on fighters for thier defence.

Production:

Tauri production facilities. Beam based. 100 Transporter nodes. Capable of Deadalus class construction in 3 months at 70% use of nodes.

communication:

Subspace recon bouys
                        Subspace communications

Transport:
                        Beam based gate transporters. Require massive beaming arrays and power source. Used by Army of Avalon to attack the Adnihlo.

This list is under continuous revision.
                        Last edited by immhotep; 24 December 2008, 04:00 AM.
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

Ok this is also a reserve post, not sure what for yet possibly weapons figures or something but yeah.

---------RESERVED FOR SOMETHING COOL-----------

Comment

I've been looking forward to VF 3.0 for a long time since I've become an involved member of Gateworld.

Things I'd like to see to get me started as a fairly new person to the VF is a list of tech, weapons, and races being used but it looks like that is on it's way.

Well I look forward to being more involved this time around.

PS great end to VF 2.0 immhotep. It really was a great read.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                            Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Cool to see we are now up on 3.0.

I am going to get the Karn designed and entered and get my Paradox storyline on first draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X