This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a 'Repackaged' DVD set?

I am trying to decide on buying the new box set or the indivivudal seasons little by little. Walmart carries seasons 1-4 at $19.99 each. They are listed as repackeged. What does this mean? There are other stores on-line that say the same thing. Is this just another name for Thinpak? (3 packages instead of 5 with a DVD in each)

I may be wrong, but I do believe "Repackaged" means they have a new type of case (like a thinpack) compared to the original release (which could be standard DVD's/boxsets or the big boxy things Star Trek used).

sigpic

Comment

First thing that comes to my mind is used, lke they were opened and then repackaged, but that's just what popped into my head I really don't know.

Perfecto!

Comment

Repackaged just means it got a new package, i thought they put it in thin cases in america.
        we've got repackaged box sets of buffy, angel and x-files here too, so I presume it's the same thing over there with stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
          First thing that comes to my mind is used, lke they were opened and then repackaged, but that's just what popped into my head I really don't know.
          That was the first thing that came to my mind as well- sometimes Wal-Mart sells re-used DVDs at a discount, whether they came from rental stores or whatever.

However, the rest of you are probably right that it just refers to the slim packaging. I got my seasons one and two at Wal-Mart for $17.99 each last year.

Comment

I wish they would just call them 'Thinpaks' since that would eliminate the confusion! Thanks for your responses.

Comment

Working...
            X