Thread: What is a 'Repackaged' DVD set?

Default What is a 'Repackaged' DVD set?

I am trying to decide on buying the new box set or the indivivudal seasons little by little. Walmart carries seasons 1-4 at $19.99 each. They are listed as repackeged. What does this mean? There are other stores on-line that say the same thing. Is this just another name for Thinpak? (3 packages instead of 5 with a DVD in each)

Default Re: What is a 'Repackaged' DVD set?

I may be wrong, but I do believe "Repackaged" means they have a new type of case (like a thinpack) compared to the original release (which could be standard DVD's/boxsets or the big boxy things Star Trek used).

Jack Re: What is a 'Repackaged' DVD set?

First thing that comes to my mind is used, lke they were opened and then repackaged, but that's just what popped into my head I really don't know.

Repackaged just means it got a new package, i thought they put it in thin cases in america.
    we've got repackaged box sets of buffy, angel and x-files here too, so I presume it's the same thing over there with stargate

Quote Originally Posted by Major_Griff View Post
    First thing that comes to my mind is used, lke they were opened and then repackaged, but that's just what popped into my head I really don't know.
    That was the first thing that came to my mind as well- sometimes Wal-Mart sells re-used DVDs at a discount, whether they came from rental stores or whatever.

However, the rest of you are probably right that it just refers to the slim packaging. I got my seasons one and two at Wal-Mart for $17.99 each last year.

I wish they would just call them 'Thinpaks' since that would eliminate the confusion! Thanks for your responses.