Zelenka's Gene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zelenka's Gene

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it stated in Hot Zone that gene therapy didn't work on Zelenka? He was just show using an Ancient Life Signs Detector.

I didn't think you needed the gene to work those.
    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Colonel Sheppard said you did in the last episode of the first season when Colonel Everett took over.

Comment

Originally posted by Penman View Post
        Colonel Sheppard said you did in the last episode of the first season when Colonel Everett took over.
        He did? Oh. Then plothole, I guess.
        || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it stated in Hot Zone that gene therapy didn't work on Zelenka? He was just show using an Ancient Life Signs Detector.
          I don't think he was using an LSD. He found a power relay not people. I think it was just a scanner.
          sigpic
          Sig by Luciana
          My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

I was under the impression that they were the same device, much like a Star Trek tricorder. While there may be two different things you would assume that they would both operate with the Ancient gene or both operate without it.

Comment

Maybe they just kept shootin him with the gene therapy till it took.

Perfecto!

Comment

You can see at 35:11, that Zelenka can't fly a jumper, so he didn't get the ATA gene.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Maybe it's another one of those "You only need someone with a gene to activate it"-items? Or the most common explanation: Plot hole.

Comment

CONTINUITY ERROR. Sigh.

Comment

I was under the impression that they were the same device, much like a Star Trek tricorder. While there may be two different things you would assume that they would both operate with the Ancient gene or both operate without it.
                      And I've always assumed they were 2 different devices. Many things on Atlantis work without the gene. Does Keller have the gene? She was using one of the medical scanners in Adrift.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Luciana
                      My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

I hate when they give the "Someone with the gene has to initialize it" explanation.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                          I hate when they give the "Someone with the gene has to initialize it" explanation.

Vala,
                          I agree, I hate those too. I believe it is a huge plothole, but we know that Carter doesn't have the gene as well as Zelenka. (I know Carter doesn't have the gene, after I read something on here about how no one on SG-1 had the gene.) But, as someone said above, in "The Siege, Pt.2," Sheppard told Everett you needed the gene to use them. Maybe they found away to make the gene therapy more successful than 48%, at least Keller did or so. But anyway, like I said, a huge plothole.

: Green is Good.
                          sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

You know who should have caught it? The guy who plays Zelenka. Even if the writers missed it, I would think the actor would know his character well enough to raise the question as to why he coud suddenly use Ancient tech.

Comment

I think the pilot activated the life sign detector, so they could use it without ATA gene. So there is no plot hole only if you want to find.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                              X