This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

am i with a lot of people when i say...

I miss the mythology of the show and the majority of the episodes being about exploring new worlds (rather than going on missions to help defeat the replicators for instance)

BUT I LOVE EVERY SINGLE STARGATE EPISODE EXCEPT EMANCIPATION AN HUNDRED DAYS!!!!!!!

I love the mythology too, but if every thing in the galaxy was based on earth mythology it would just be wroung. The replicators are new to the galaxy there for cant be part of are mythology. The galaxy is a big place, its easier to belieave that not everything out there has been to earth at some point.

Comment

They definely need more mythology. There are tons of mytholoy to pick from. I don't know the name, but the Iraqis have their mythology (the demon from the Exorcist is the Iraqi demon of sand storms or something,) the Celts, Chinese, Japanese, African, etc etc..

*thinks*

The show might start to sound more like the History channel than anything else after a while though. :x

Comment

Yes, every episode should go like this:

1) visit random planet.
        2) meet natives
        3) Daniel says hey they are speaking an ancient _____ dialect.
        4) something strange happens to people due to sg-1's interference.
        5) a Goa'uld/Asgard device is found. Teal'c and Daniel figure it out while jack, Sam, and random native that wants to help hold off bad guys.

Comment

Heh heh...

6) SG-1 tell the natives that they may meet again some day, but they never do
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

We don't see every mission so it is possible they meet with some people and we don't know...
            www.savestargatesg-1.com

Comment

I miss the episodes when they would go to a different planet, meet the locals. Although it would be interesting if they did go back to some of the planets they visited earlier on to see what affect their visits had.
              I'm not so sure about the mythology though, as it's getting very complicated, but they seem to be expanding on what we already know rather than giving us anything completely new, so it would be nice to have a bit more of that.
              SecretArt
              My FanFic

Comment

I want the show to go back to meeting different people, solving problems and the likes. As cool as the replicators are, and as much joy as they give the FX team, I want them to resolve that whole arc and get it finished with.

My biggest gripe is.

WHERE ARE THE FURLINGS?!?!?!?!?!
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Get rid of earth based episodes theyre sooooooo boring.Forget meeting primitive locals which makes boring tv.Weve had it for 7 years.
                  For the last season they should tie up most of the loose ends such as the aschen,where and who the furlings are,the replicator storys and more info on the alliance.
                  One thing i dont want to happen is for all the system lords to be defeated. I want the series to finish with the goauld still the strongest force in the galaxy. Since the asgaard dont live in our galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by geb
                    One thing i dont want to happen is for all the system lords to be defeated. I want the series to finish with the goauld still the strongest force in the galaxy. Since the asgaard dont live in our galaxy
                    So long as it doesn't end up with us as the strongest force in the galaxy. That's just silly...
                    I'd like to see another Aschen ep alright, that's something they should have another look at. And maybe the Tollan...

Comment

I want to see the re'tu again. I agree earth should not be the strongest force in the
                      galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                        I want the show to go back to meeting different people, solving problems and the likes. As cool as the replicators are, and as much joy as they give the FX team, I want them to resolve that whole arc and get it finished with.

My biggest gripe is.

WHERE ARE THE FURLINGS?!?!?!?!?!
                        Yeah!! Where are the friggen Furlings!?!?! They should make an ep about them dag nabbit!!
                        Random Thought of the day:

-If you had a friend who was a tight rope walker and yall were walking down the side walk and he fell....that would be completly unacceptable!
                        -I realize that alot of people don't like Jesus, or just ignore Him or have no use for Him, but i think the best thing a person can do is to read the gospels in the Bible and really look at Jesus, because if a person does this, they will realize that the Jesus they learned about in Sunday school or the Jesus they hear jokes about or the skinny, Gandhi Jesus that exists in their imaginations isn't anything like the real Jesus at all.

heh heh heh...^compliments of suekay(((suekay))).....disregard the question mark on the end!!

Comment

I agree, the Earth-bound eppies get boring. I want battless with the Goa'uld! I want to Reppies to go bye-bye! I want to see more of the Asgard! I want Darth Vader and the Stormtroopers to return! Opps! Wrong sci-fi.... I want more patheons!!

[/rant]

My Own Little World

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
                          101 Ways to Annoy, Harass, Confuse or Generally Scare Lord Voldemort
                          "Be nice to nerds;
                          one day, you'll end up working for one."
                          -Evil Overlord Bill Gates
                          Ba'al: I'll never let go, Jack, I'll never let go!
                          Jack: *choke* That's my throat, Ba'al.....

Comment

I do miss the old eps, the Earth-based ones are good once in awhile, but not for more than 2 episodes in a row. The replicators are cool, but they get boring after awhile and don't really seem as threatening as they were before. The Goa'uld still creep me out and I love all the mythology tied in with them.
                            Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                            RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Nearly everything in the stargate universe has a mythological reference at some level so the mythology hasnt been forgotten, more put to the background. Also after 7 years all the relevant characters with links to mythology have been explained already, we dont need to be reminded that the Asgard have links to Norse tales etc... every other episode, it has been established.

So for good or bad - Long gone are they days or idle ever continuing exploration, now its about survival, expansion and creating alliances

Comment

Working...
                              X