the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the game

in the episode the game,there is that sweet game that they play which turns out to be a social experiment. i did some research and it is like the old game "populus". who thinks that they should make a computer game like it but is set in the stargate universe?

That game would kick some serious tailside. Especially if they made it as true to the show as they could. Might oculd even blow the Halo series out of the water!
    When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
    Zatnikitelman

Comment

I think its more like civilization. There was no technology in populous (well, not alot). In Civ you trade techs just like in the show. As well as attack mines, and you can even offer citrus for peace! Ok, so its bananas really, but close enough to citrus.

Comment

hey CrackedCrystal, do u recommend getting the civilization series. if so which one would be the best one to get

Comment

Originally posted by apollo22 View Post
          hey CrackedCrystal, do u recommend getting the civilization series. if so which one would be the best one to get
          I really like the Civ series. Its very detailed oriented though so you have to like that.

Each version had its own pros and cons, but I would suggest either Civ 3 or 4. Those introduced the aspect of cultural borders. It made it much more enjoyable.

However, the real test is how you would play. Civ 3 encouraged huge empires with many cities, but no one city really had to shine. In Civ 4, it encourages you to have fewer cities, but the ones you have are very unique and worthwhile.

I like Civ 4 a little more because they introduced religions in that one and the computer opponents are more realistic. They won't forget you screwed them over in the past, and they realize when you are setting them up for failure. On the other hand, they also won't forget if you helped them when they were in need either.

Comment

Civilisation is a great series, I heartlily recommend Civ IV.

Comment

I would love it if they made a Civ mod for Stargate..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                I would love it if they made a Civ mod for Stargate..
                Actually there are some stargate mods... head on over to www.civfanatics.com and look in their mod section. I remember a replicator ship and death glider off had, but I am sure there is more

Comment

Originally posted by CrackedCrystal View Post
                  Actually there are some stargate mods... head on over to www.civfanatics.com and look in their mod section. I remember a replicator ship and death glider off had, but I am sure there is more
                  Really? I'll have to check that out.

Comment

do u have to buy any of the other civilizations to play number 4 as kind of a pre-requist

Comment

Originally posted by apollo22 View Post
                      do u have to buy any of the other civilizations to play number 4 as kind of a pre-requist

No you don't need any of the other civ's to play Civ IV. There are some expansion sets that go with some civ version and you need the base game to play them.

Comment

Do you think we will go to one of the other planets the 'game' was monitoring?> What about the one Lorne and Zalenka were playing??

Comment

I would think not. Not on screen anyway, the 'story' has been done. There may be a mention of it at some time but to esentially redo the plot again would be a waste of time, IMO.

Comment

If nothing else, i would like them to mention about the other planets where this 'experiment' was going on. That way we learn of potential more allies.

Comment

Working...
                            X