MGM's Merchandise Feedback Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGM's Merchandise Feedback Thread

Good news, Gaters -- MGM wants to hear from you!

The studio behind the Stargate franchise has launched an online store for Stargate merchandise, and they've let GateWorld know that they plan to produce some brand new and Web-exclusive items.

That's where you come in. Post your suggestions for the sorts of Stargate items you would like to see, and what you think it should look like! The MGM Store will keep tabs on this thread, and hopefully we'll be able to come up with some great ideas for them.

Take the MGM Consumer Products Survey!

Have you been searching high and low for Stargate merchandise and can't find it anywhere? Here is your chance to let MGM know what you want!

Take the Survey >
    Last edited by Darren; 01 February 2008, 11:21 AM.

Originally posted by GateWorld View Post
    Good news, Gaters -- MGM wants to hear from you!

The studio behind the Stargate franchise has launched an online store for Stargate merchandise, and they've let GateWorld know that they plan to produce some brand new and Web-exclusive items.

That's where you come in. Post your suggestions for the sorts of Stargate items you would like to see, and what you think it should look like! The studio will keep tabs on this thread, and hopefully we'll be able to come up with some great ideas for them.

Thanks!
    I think that the studio should think about the millions of fans that have faithfully purchased each season of Stargate SG-1 as they came out and offer a set of the extras that will be included in the complete set.

I have purchased every season and cannot afford to buy the whole series over again. Please don't penalize your loyal fans who have supported the series and DVD sales by offering the extras in a separate set.

Thanks.

Comment

I would definitely appreciate the bonus materials disc from the Complete SG-1 Set being made available for seperate purchase as well. I can't afford to make that kind of purchase when I already own all 10 SG-1 seasons on DVD, but would definitely buy the bonus disc if it was made available.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yeah, I really want those bonus discs as well. But I can't buy the whole series all over again. Please release the bonus discs seperatly!
        Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
        http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

I agree with the bonus disks thing.

Comment

I'll also add my request for a bonus disc that we can buy separately.
            sigpic

Comment

model ships!

Comment

I'm not buying the big every-single SG1 episode DVD set out now as I already have them. I'd like to see the bonus disks made available to fans who already bought every single season.

Comment

What do you all think about Stargate T-shirts?

Are the offerings currently out there from Creation good? Do you like them? Do you already own them all? Do you hate them?

If you could design a great Stargate T-shirt that you'd actually wear, what would it look like?
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I'd like to see the Stargate Alliance game put up there for sale.. I know a lot of work was already put into it and it was close to being finished, wasn't it? Maybe you could get someone to complete whatever's left to do and put it up as an exclusive? I'd definately buy it..

It'd also be nice to have an exclusive action figure.. I'd like a character we haven't already gotten or some super-articulated versions of SG1!

As for T-shirts.. I'd like to see some with art from the comic books or some comic book style art. I like the "Bow before me" shirt that's in the store currently.. Thinking about getting it for my girlfriend!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                      What do you all think about Stargate T-shirts?

Are the offerings currently out there from Creation good? Do you like them? Do you already own them all? Do you hate them?

If you could design a great Stargate T-shirt that you'd actually wear, what would it look like?
                      I don't much care for the t-shirts they have now.

I think it would be nice to have more skinny fit t-shirts...figure cut ones for girls.

As for design...well, I might get back on that later. Something with ancient text would be cool. I quite like the t-shirts like the 'Ori this' one.
                      There should be more Atlantis designs, that's for sure.

What I would really love to see is a Stargate zipper hoodie Hoodies are my best friend. It doesn't have to be black. An Atlantis one could be blue with 'stargate atlantis' across the chest. It could maybe have Ancient text underneath it as well translated.
                      An SG-1 hoodie could come in green or black with 'stargate sg-1' across the chest.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c...1971_709473575
                      like that

Maybe MGM could launch a 'design stargate t-shirts' thing so people can submit their designs for consideration...Or just so the company get an idea of what we (the fans) want.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._1972_18112178
                      like we could have one like that with Jack on it saying "for crying out loud".
                      Or a Rodney one saying "super genious"...anything like that really.

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
                      ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

That's kinda what this thread is about. If you have ideas, feel free to post them here and the MGM Store will consider doing them.
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

How about the studio making accurate Stargate jackets for sale? They've had legal battles with fans making jackets before and they finally learned just this year that people want an accurate Earth patch in addition to the SG-1 patch that they used to sell so jackets would be an excellent idea. How about 100% accurate blueprint books like star trek has made with the location of every button and knob in the sets and schematics of the various computer monitor displays used? I know, most people probably don't talk about that stuff but that doesn't mean there isn't a demand for it.

Vala,

Comment

Great Suggestions so far! Keep 'em coming and I will do my best to see what I can get made.

Thanks!

Ila
                            MGMStore.com
                            Ila
                            MGMStore.com

Comment

Originally posted by kgw021404 View Post
                              I think that the studio should think about the millions of fans that have faithfully purchased each season of Stargate SG-1 as they came out and offer a set of the extras that will be included in the complete set.

I have purchased every season and cannot afford to buy the whole series over again. Please don't penalize your loyal fans who have supported the series and DVD sales by offering the extras in a separate set.

Thanks.
                              Ditto. I second that notion.

Comment

Working...
                              X