Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blog/Twitter: Jewel Staite (Dr. Keller, SGA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blog/Twitter: Jewel Staite (Dr. Keller, SGA)

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=312690987

excerpt:

Stargate Atlantis Premiere!

To begin, a friendly plug-induced reminder:?* The first episode of the fourth season of Stargate: Atlantis airs this Friday night, September 28th.?* Not that series pick ups are solely dependant on good ratings, but they definitely do help.?* Find a friend with a Nielson box, invade their territory, and turn on the damn show, okay??* The stakes are high, everyone's in peril, major jeopardy, etc etc.?* You'll like it.?* Plus, I look all cool and doctor-like.

We've reached pretty much the end of the season now, shooting-wise, and I just wrapped a very grueling episode with Amanda "The Tappinator" Tapping and David Hewlett… and after spending two weeks in the set we now fondly refer to as Satan's Hell-hole, we are the best of friends.?* This happens with actors when they're exhausted and have their inhibitions taken away from them while balancing precariously in harnesses; somehow it's a major bonding moment, and despite the strenuousness we all faced, we had a lot of laughs.?* And subsequently ruined a lot of film.?* On the last day of shooting I got a surprise phone call from Nathan, who was in town, and had dinner with him on Saturday night, which was really nice.?* It's kinda funny seeing people go bug-eyed when they see the Captain and Kaylee downing chardonnay and eating fried shrimp.?*

What else is new??* Apparently a pregnancy, from the amount of questions I got about us "expecting".?* After some investigating, I realized the rumors began after Joe Mallozzi mentioned having to deal with a few pregnancies on this season of Atlantis on his blog, and then included a rather unflattering picture of me with my stunt harness on, bent over at an odd angle while trying to balance on a beam.?* Charming.?* Well, folks, I hate to disappoint, but that was just a roll of fat spilling over a very tight belt-like contraption that pinches you in all the wrong places while ultimately saving your life.?*

*READ REST OF ARTICLE AT LINK ABOVE*

Yay! Another source of spoilers!

Comment

lolololol, The Tappinator.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=312690987

excerpt:

Stargate Atlantis Premiere!

(snip)

We've reached pretty much the end of the season now, shooting-wise, and I just wrapped a very grueling episode with Amanda "The Tappinator" Tapping and David Hewlett…

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          Yay! Another source of spoilers!
          Well, Jewel doesn't post as prolifically as JM

Comment

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=320039078

excerpts:

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 ?*

Thanks for your kind words on all my doctorin' lately on Atlantis.?* Although I've been absent in the last couple of weeks, I'll be back this Friday, so set those Tivos/VCRs…. Unless you've already downloaded it on bloody iTunes, in which case, I hope you watch it still, because we need season 5 to happen so we don't have to resort to Stargate: the Musical (Hewlett's already written the score.?* I'm not joking around).?*

Why do I call Amanda Tapping "the Tappinator?"?* Someone also asked "Do you actually call her that to her FACE???"?* Why not??* Are you guys under some sort of illusion that Amanda's this scary bad-ass diva or something??* Hate to break the fourth wall here, but she's pretty much the opposite.?* She's sweet, funny, self-deprecating, and lovely.?* She's the Tappinator.?* And a total spottie. (space hottie)

Was it difficult going from Kaylee to Keller??* It's not like they were shot back to back.?* Plus, the uniform helps.?* You kinda can't talk about twixting nether regions in a Stargate uniform and expect to be taken seriously.

What's David Hewlett like??* Ridiculously hysterical.?* Really creative, really fun to be around, and one of my favorites.?* He's always very generous as an actor, and I just like him a lot.?* And he writes a mean musical.

*READ REST OF ARTICLE AT LINK ABOVE*

Comment

This musical idea scares and intruiqes me at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by VOOK View Post
                This musical idea scares and intruiqes me at the same time
                Particularly since only one cast member, Rachel Luttrell, has any demonstrated singing ability!

Comment

Jewel now has an official site!

http://jewelstaite.com/

she says
                  www.jewelstaite.com This blog is now strictly for answering your questions.
                  That's right, no other info divulged, because my website is up and running!
                  Check it out at www.jewelstaite.com and try not to be scared because my eyes aren't really that alien green.

meanwhile at her MySpace (you may need to have your own to view) at
                  http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...dID=147037658&
                  blogID=331067752

here are some excerpts:

Is the strike affecting Stargate/my life? Not really. Stargate doesn't even
                  start up again until the spring, and this time of year is usually dead anyway
                  in the acting world, so I'm going to kick back and use my Tivo while
                  supporting those picketing writers and pray that it all works out in time for pilot
                  season. Otherwise there's going to be a lot of out-of-work actors running
                  around, and the fires will be the least of LA's problems.

How does the Stargate family feel about Firefly? I think most of them have
                  seen it. I know David Hewlett has; he told me how much he loved it, and that's
                  why he's my favorite. And I saw someone in the production office with a
                  picture of Serenity the ship as their screen saver, but I won't tell you who

REST AT BLOG

Comment

SGA - Jewel Staite Blog Update: Dec 31 '07:

From Jewel Staite's blog update for December 31, 2007:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=342976322

(Please follow the link for the complete blog update.)

Monday, December 31, 2007

countdown to 2008

Congratulations to all who made it through the madness that is the "Holiday Season".

**snippage**

I know I said I would not be spilling any personal tidbits or special news on myspace since I have a website now, but the truth is, I don't know how to work the damn thing yet. It's too complicated for my jumbled little mind to master at the moment, but I'm working on it. Just like I'm working on getting my drivers license and learning to speak French and work the fax machine. All in good time, people. For now, I will spill my beans here.

I guess it's common knowledge by now that Stargate: Atlantis has been picked up for a fifth season! Yay! I have exactly two months to get my ass in gear to fill those unforgiving little grey pants again! I have no idea what they're planning for season five in terms of storyline, so don't bother asking, but I'm sure it'll be as harrowing and action-packed as the fourth, with me up in a friggin harness again over some swelling river or gorge. I'm very pleased, though, and very excited that my Curse of the Canceled Series After I Show Up seems to be over for now. 'Cause that would have been embarrassing for the eighth time.

Onward to the New Year, which we are celebrating in style, complete with an actual ball where I get to gussy up. I had another bright idea to invite everyone we know over for a buffet-style dinner beforehand, so here I am, up to my elbows in prosciutto. And still avoiding the gym.

Questions and answers, the last of them for 2007:

**snippage**

Do I read the message boards online? I did once. Not so fun. Ten people can say the nicest things about you, and then the one person that says something rotten is the one comment you remember. I think I stopped reading when someone said they hoped Dr. Keller gets pushed down the stairs by the end of season four. Nice. Here's the facts though: there's three opinions that matter. My peers' opinions, the people I work for's opinions, and my own opinion, and so far I'm good on all fronts. Not everybody's going to like me, and I haven't had it wildly easy with the position I'm in, so if someone wants to imagine pushing me down the stairs, or make up nasty nicknames for me, then so be it. Everybody needs a hobby!

**snippage**

My fave three scenes of anything I've done? This is tough. There are a lot of Higher Ground scenes I really love. That character was a lot of fun, and I was very uninhibited then so I think the majority of the stuff I did was really honest. I like the cat-fight scene from Wonderfalls, and I love when Kaylee goes to the ball. There are a couple of Keller scenes I'm really excited about, but I can't talk about them because they haven't aired yet. None, however, involve strawberries, or, sadly, big poofy pink ball gowns.

**snippage**

Happy New Year to all of you. I wish you nothing but the best kinds of success and love for 2008.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                      SGA - Jewel Staite Blog Update: Dec 31 '07:

From Jewel Staite's blog update for December 31, 2007:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=342976322

Monday, December 31, 2007

countdown to 2008

Congratulations to all who made it through the madness that is the "Holiday Season".

**snippage**

I know I said I would not be spilling any personal tidbits or special news on myspace since I have a website now, but the truth is, I don't know how to work the damn thing yet. It's too complicated for my jumbled little mind to master at the moment, but I'm working on it. Just like I'm working on getting my drivers license and learning to speak French and work the fax machine.
                      Oh, so that's why she mentioned a fax machine during the People's Choice Awards. It's a new piece of tech for her.

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

SGA - Jewel Staite's Official Site: Blog Update Jan 13 '08:

From Jewel Staite's Official Site:

http://jewelstaite.com/?p=19

Jan 13

Stargate: Atlantis in Canada

Stargate: Atlantis’s fourth season finally starts airing in Canada January 20th on the Space Channel at 6 PM! Now my relatives will actually believe me when I tell them I’ve been working! Sometimes they need more proof than the new Jimmy Choo’s I’m sporting…

So to all of my fellow Canadians who do not have satellite TV, tune in to see me attempt brain surgery next Sunday. Yes, I’m serious.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Jewel Staite's Official Site - Another Blog Update Jan 13 '08:

Didn't see this message at the site the first time I was there:

http://jewelstaite.com/?p=17

Jan 13

People’s Choice Award

Happy 2008!

Nothing like starting off the year with an <ahem> People’s Choice Award! Stargate: Atlantis has been voted favorite sci-fi show, so congrats to the hardest working crew I know! We’re set to begin season five in February, and nothing feels better than starting a job with such a devoted fan base behind you. As for the actual award itself, the last time I saw it David Hewlett had it. Never to be seen again.

Watch out for the episode Quarantine next week, where Dr. Keller finally gets some action. Sort of. Okay, not exactly. Just watch.

Have a fabulous ‘08 and check out my myspace page for monthly blogs about interesting tidbits in the fascinating life of Jewel i.e. how I feel about mayo. Exciting stuff, people!

<><><><><>

Oh, and there's a third message too:

http://jewelstaite.com/?p=18

Jan 13

Creation 2008

I will be appearing in Burbank, California at the Creation event November 22 and 23, 2008. Get your party shoes on!

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

She finally figured out how to make it work.

Comment

SGA - Jewel Staite's Blog Update Jan 25 '08:

From Jewel Staite's blog update for January 25, 2008:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=351442694

Friday, January 25, 2008

to Cancun or not to Cancun?

Well it's time for the age-old January question. To book that trip to Cancun or to exercise some physical restraint? Since I've never liked the word exercise in particular, it might be time for a good ol' romp on the beach before work begins. I feel guilty though, taking advantage of this writers strike the way I am with impromptu vacations and spending days sitting on my couch eating hot dogs and watching Lost repeats. But not guilty enough not to get on that plane in my flip flops to escape winter for a while with my friend the margarita.

I guess it's no secret that not a whole helluva lot is going on in my life to report to you. I'm starting to miss strange things about work. Namely the breakfast sandwiches but other things too, like sitting against the heater in my trailer and falling asleep against the wall when I should be studying my lines, the smell of the smoke machines in the sound stages, listening to Hewlett rattle on after his fourth cup of Earl Grey, etc.etc. A few more weeks left of sitting on my duff, and then I will have that breakfast sandwich in my belly where it belongs.

Thank God for your questions, or there would truly be nothing to keep my brain occupied. There's only so much Matthew Fox a girl can take. (that's not true.. my capacities for this are really kind of endless..)

1. What is my reaction to seeing people dressed up like one of my characters?

Um, AWESOME? Keep doing this, please. It makes my co-stars wildly jealous.

**snippage**

5. Am I more comfortable playing Dr. Keller than Kaylee, and is it because I'm more like Keller, or more comfortable now as an actress?

Well I guess I'm really glad that I appear to be comfortable in the role as Keller, because when she's in her element, I wanted her to be as calm and cool and comfortable as possible. Keller is a lot more mature than Kaylee; she's more level-headed, more grounded, and more guarded than Kaylee ever was. I've adored playing Kaylee and she let me be as big and bold as possible, but there's a quiet strength to Keller that I'm getting to know, and I love how human she is in her mistakes and the self-doubt she has. She doesn't let passion rule her decisions, and she's "real"… One thing I can't stand is the drama actors bring when they're playing doctors; who wants a surgeon who's flipping out in the operating room, soap-opera style? Wouldn't you be like "put the scalpel down" ? She's a lot more complex than Kaylee and has more mystery to her. But I kind of wish I could spin around like a whirling dervish while on fire like Morena got to in Stargate. Did you notice her pumps matched her flames? She hates when I bring up the matching pumps.

**snippage**

Thank you so much for your questions… Keep them coming!

Jewel

PS. If you have the time, please visit www.waterkeeper.org and support your local waterkeeper. It's too important to not educate yourself on this. It blew my mind what this organization is capable of.

PSS. Ever heard of a little movie called The Orphanage? No? OHMYGOD SEE THIS!!!!!!! And wet your pants with fear, which is always fun.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X