This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 5 stories

Since the likelihood of a Season 5 is really good i'd like to hear some people's ideas on stories for the fifth season. Personally i'd like to see a few more earth stories (altho i don't like his character much) more ford stories for closure. i'd like to see more exploration of the city as well. thoughts?
    There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

We should wait where season 4 will go.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      We should wait where season 4 will go.
      I agree if only to have an idea as to where we want season 5 to go. It's a bit early for a thread like this.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

They are setting up for a 5th season this season. In fact Joe M, said that the season finale will be a cliffhanger and will be big but different. Sounds interesting to me.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          They are setting up for a 5th season this season. In fact Joe M, said that the season finale will be a cliffhanger and will be big but different. Sounds interesting to me.
          Same here I just really really hope it doesn't bite us in the ass and we get a "To Be Continued" then a black screen saying thanks for watching like we did in "Bad Timing" the Farscape finale.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            Same here I just really really hope it doesn't bite us in the ass and we get a "To Be Continued" then a black screen saying thanks for watching like we did in "Bad Timing" the Farscape finale.
            You know what though, the SG franchise is still going very strong. The Season 3 DVD has been in the top 25 DVD sales for months, and it is there along DVD TV series like 24, Family Guy, House, and etc. So the DVDs always seem to sell well.

Even if Sci-fi is stupid not to give SGA a 5th season. The story should continue through DVD movies.

DVDs are hot right now on the market. It's just the best market right now. A lot of movies that bombed in the Box Office, usually make it up with DVD sales.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              I have a feeling that if SciFi was to CANCEL STARGATE ATLANTIS , MGM would find a new home for there STARGATE Franchise ... Stargate at this point is MGMs biggest TV Franchise , and im sure MGM doesn't want to loose STARGATE Fans cause SciFi and NBC doesn't want to air the shows ...

At the same time as long as the fans watch the show , and give STARGATE ATLANTIS a good chance with great ratings . Then SciFi would have no reason to cancel the show ...

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL- View Post
                I have a feeling that if SciFi was to CANCEL STARGATE ATLANTIS , MGM would find a new home for there STARGATE Franchise ... Stargate at this point is MGMs biggest TV Franchise , and im sure MGM doesn't want to loose STARGATE Fans cause SciFi and NBC doesn't want to air the shows ...

At the same time as long as the fans watch the show , and give STARGATE ATLANTIS a good chance with great ratings . Then SciFi would have no reason to cancel the show ...
                I agree, and it's why I think Sci-fi will renew it for a 5th season. They cannot afford to lose another 2 million viewers. Eureka is not on all the time, and in all fairness SGA was averaging for it's first half very close to what Eureka is averaging now. Long haitus, other viewing methods, major box office competition on Friday nights(In fact a record spring/summer for the box office) which led to the drop in ratings for the 2nd half. All these things will not be a factor when SGA starts back up in less than 2 weeks. Woo hoo!
                Last edited by Briangate78; 16 September 2007, 08:39 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

You know what though, the SG franchise is still going very strong. The Season 3 DVD has been in the top 25 DVD sales for months, and it is there along DVD TV series like 24, Family Guy, House, and etc. So the DVDs always seem to sell well.

Even if Sci-fi is stupid not to give SGA a 5th season. The story should continue through DVD movies.

DVDs are hot right now on the market. It's just the best market right now. A lot of movies that bombed in the Box Office, usually make it up with DVD sales.
                  Other than the fact it isn't true value for money!

A DVD will cost something like £15.99 or whatever here in the UK. Say they go down the road of SG-1 & do 2 movies per year. That's over £30 for what is anything from 3 to 5 hours worth of Stargate. Yet in previous seasons you could get a whole 20 episode season for the same money. That equates to around 5 episodes or so.

Think of it this way: Your favourite packet of crisps/chips get's made 4 times smaller but they're still asking for the same money as before. Not really a good deal is it!

If they continue down DVD alley, they should forget about trying to do the big budget special effects thing. Instead they should do a normal full season, or perhaps 3/4/5 seperate stories each invididual one goes into 2/3 hours. That will make it much better value for money to the customer not to mention saving MGM money because far fewer sets would need to be constructed, les people hired to act & so on. I personally don't want to pay over £30 for 2 DVD's which allow them to do an old fashioned scene with a submarine in Antartica. When they could be wiser with the budget & throw out double the amount of screen-time we get for each release.

Not to mention another kicker is, what if you don't like characters or the plot of one of the movies. Then your either forced to spend you hard earned money to buy the DVD to support the show even though you can't stand the storyline. Then you'll need to wait at least another 12 months to get another chance of seeing something that you may like.

If they do get cancelled before S4 is over. Then I'd rather they spent $15mil on 5 or so different stories, than 2 movies with bigger effects but shorter run-times. They saq quality over quantity, but for me on this particular case, it's the other way around!

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                    Other than the fact it isn't true value for money!

A DVD will cost something like £15.99 or whatever here in the UK. Say they go down the road of SG-1 & do 2 movies per year. That's over £30 for what is anything from 3 to 5 hours worth of Stargate. Yet in previous seasons you could get a whole 20 episode season for the same money. That equates to around 5 episodes or so.

Think of it this way: Your favourite packet of crisps/chips get's made 4 times smaller but they're still asking for the same money as before. Not really a good deal is it!

If they continue down DVD alley, they should forget about trying to do the big budget special effects thing. Instead they should do a normal full season, or perhaps 3/4/5 seperate stories each invididual one goes into 2/3 hours. That will make it much better value for money to the customer not to mention saving MGM money because far fewer sets would need to be constructed, les people hired to act & so on. I personally don't want to pay over £30 for 2 DVD's which allow them to do an old fashioned scene with a submarine in Antartica. When they could be wiser with the budget & throw out double the amount of screen-time we get for each release.

Not to mention another kicker is, what if you don't like characters or the plot of one of the movies. Then your either forced to spend you hard earned money to buy the DVD to support the show even though you can't stand the storyline. Then you'll need to wait at least another 12 months to get another chance of seeing something that you may like.

If they do get cancelled before S4 is over. Then I'd rather they spent $15mil on 5 or so different stories, than 2 movies with bigger effects but shorter run-times. They saq quality over quantity, but for me on this particular case, it's the other way around!
                    I totally agree, would rather have a new season of a series. However, because of the flawed ratings system, we may have to end up with a DVD movie. DVDs are one of the few markets that the fans can actually control. In this case in the U.S. DVD sales do well. So MGM can afford to use a bigger budget for them. In the end I would not mind a DVD movie or two, or three if it continues the story and it is done well.
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't mind them going down the DVD route if Sci-Fi cans it, simply because it's the only way they'll be able to keep it going. I'd love to see them risk putting a S5 of Atlantis direct to DVD or even an SG-1 S11.

If they didn't want to risk that & go with half the usual budget like with the 2 SG-1 movies & their reported $7/$8mil budget for each one. Don't do 2 movies at $7.5 each. Do 5 at $3mil each. Give the fans more Stargate for their money. They can make some good eps for their standard budget of around $1.4mil. So double the length & the budget & let them do their thing.

Not only does it give the fans more value for their hard earned money, but it gives them greater choice in the process. If they don't like 1 of the 2 movies, then they're screwed. Meaning they won't buy it like me & 'Continuum'. Whereas if they done 5 smaller ones, then they would have another 4 others to go through instead. They can't lose in such a situation. If you were planning to shell out over £30 on DVD's. Wouldn't you rather have 5 movies of your favourite show compared to 2 for the same money, I know I would!

Comment

i guess we find out come next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          i guess we find out come next week.
                          Doubtfull. We likely won't know anything till closer to the end of the first half.

Comment

I agree, and it's why I think Sci-fi will renew it for a 5th season. They cannot afford to lose another 2 million viewers. Eureka is not on all the time, and in all fairness SGA was averaging for it's first half very close to what Eureka is averaging now. Long haitus, other viewing methods, major box office competition on Friday nights(In fact a record spring/summer for the box office) which led to the drop in ratings for the 2nd half. All these things will not be a factor when SGA starts back up in less than 2 weeks. Woo hoo!
                            Agreed. Right now SGA is probably one of their strongest shows. Flash Gordon is going down in flames, I think. Eureka is doing good, but on the wrong night. Too bad it wasn't the lead-in for SGA.

We probably won't find out about renewal till the first half airs.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              Agreed. Right now SGA is probably one of their strongest shows. Flash Gordon is going down in flames, I think. Eureka is doing good, but on the wrong night. Too bad it wasn't the lead-in for SGA.

We probably won't find out about renewal till the first half airs.
                              Flash Gordon was a huge disapointment and the only show other than SGA doing good is Eureka. Cancelling SGA would just be a stupid mistake however when have we known scifi to make a smart decision?

Comment

Working...
                              X