This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torchwood on CBC Friday nights

Finally! the on-line TV guide has it's fall preview finally up.
    CBC is airing Torchwood Fridays at 9pm starting October 5th. There's also some channel ET listed.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
    Finally! the on-line TV guide has it's fall preview finally up.
    CBC is airing Torchwood Fridays at 9pm starting October 5th. There's also some channel ET listed.
    Nice! Got a link?

Doctor Who ends the same week Torchwood begins. I must admit that's not a bad scheduleing choice on CBC's part. Except for the part where sequentially Torchwood should have been shown before Doctor Who.

Comment

http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn....llPreview2007/

I hope I inserted that link correct. Torchwood is listed in the Fall Preview under
      New Shows
      Friday
      Torchwood. Click on Torchwood and it takes you to the page about that show.
      Though on the CBC website it still says to be announced!

I'm wondering if I should wait to watch the last 3 episodes of Dr. Who? I know Jack comes back in the next episode.

Comment

I'm wondering if I should wait to watch the last 3 episodes of Dr. Who? I know Jack comes back in the next episode.
        If you already know this, there is no other Torchwood spoiler in Dr Who.
        Spoiler:
        Episode 11 of Dr Who does begin where Torchwood ends, but the only spoiler in Dr Who, is the fact that you now know that he returns to the TARDIS
        Last edited by ecchi; 05 September 2007, 10:27 AM.
        My jokes site - http://www.homegrownlaughter.com - for great jokes

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn....llPreview2007/

I hope I inserted that link correct. Torchwood is listed in the Fall Preview under
          New Shows
          Friday
          Torchwood. Click on Torchwood and it takes you to the page about that show.
          Though on the CBC website it still says to be announced!

Thanks for the link! I haven't been able to find any Canadian full fall schedules.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
            Thanks for the link! I haven't been able to find any Canadian full fall schedules.
            You are welcome! I used to get the TV guide. Then last November they stopped printing and put up a better website. Their excuse was that times were changing and the website could keep up with accurate information. Which is true considering how CTV changes it's bleeping schedule (like with LOST) so the info in the tv guide would be wrong. But this means if you don't have internet access you had to find your info another way. Though I've noticed the USA version of TV guide still does a print format.

Oh and I found out what E! is. It's a new channel that's taking over the CH channels. This is going to tick off my in-laws. They have bunny ears and are near Hamilton. Wait until they notice they will be getting an entertainment channel now. And it's American BUT apparently according to the online tv guide, the Canadian version is going to try to show some Canadian content. I didn't really watch the Hamilton CH channel so don't know much besides their re-runs of the more cheesy sci-fi shows

Comment

You are welcome! I used to get the TV guide. Then last November they stopped printing and put up a better website. Their excuse was that times were changing and the website could keep up with accurate information. Which is true considering how CTV changes it's bleeping schedule (like with LOST) so the info in the tv guide would be wrong. But this means if you don't have internet access you had to find your info another way. Though I've noticed the USA version of TV guide still does a print format.

Oh and I found out what E! is. It's a new channel that's taking over the CH channels. This is going to tick off my in-laws. They have bunny ears and are near Hamilton. Wait until they notice they will be getting an entertainment channel now. And it's American BUT apparently according to the online tv guide, the Canadian version is going to try to show some Canadian content. I didn't really watch the Hamilton CH channel so don't know much besides their re-runs of the more cheesy sci-fi shows
              "E!" sounds pretty dreadful- the first indication being that apparently Ryan Seacrest is the main host of it's shows. Only thing I'll be watching on it is Bionic Woman. Oh, and Batman Begins is airing on it on Monday (suddenly a silver lining to the lack of Doctor Who this week!). I never watched CH before- Global gets all the good stuff, CH seemed like a dumping ground for whatever it couldn't fit in.

Edit: and I think "Moonlight" will air on it (not positive). But at the same time as Torchwood, and Moonlight sounds so bad that I probalby wouldn't bother checking it out anyway. But hopefully it's a sign that there's a chance this channel will be genre-friendly. One can always hope.....

Comment

Working...
              X