This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek jokes on Stargate

As a long time "Star Trek" fan, I thank the "Stargate SG1" writers for so many "Star Trek" inside jokes. My favorite is:

O'Niell, "Cool, ...phasers?"
    Carter "Sorry, Sir."
    Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

My favorites are from, "The Other Guys"....

Felger: "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon." Coombs: "Vulcan, Felger, Vulcan! And I don’t know how you can call youself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry!"

Coombs: "We might as well be wearing red shirts!"

Comment

From Unnatural Selection:

"Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise."

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret
        From Unnatural Selection:

"Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise."
        "Why not?
        Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Yeah, that kind of bugged me too. They could have called it the Enterprise, and that would have rocked! I DO like the Prometheus name though... It would have just been way too cool for them to call it Enterprise!

Comment

Ep Avenger 2.0

O'NEILL: "Phaser?"

CHLOE: "More like a photon torpedo."
            No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
            (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

My favorite would be the tour of the SGC during 2010. When Carter and Daniel are in the "Embarcation Room", there a guy with sunglasses (not O'Neill) in the background posing for a picture using the Vulcan "Live Long and Prosper" salute. O'Neill also attempts it in Evolution, Part 1.
              Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
              O'Neill: Who doesn't?
              - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
              - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
              once done, cannot be undone...
              brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Hmm, there are probably more.

Comment

other guys

i think felger says to coombs 'we might as well be wearing red shirts'

khonsu's red robe, signifying he's gonna die (and too bad too, he was cute)
                  the batleh hanging on the wall behind khonsu's throne

daniel and jacob's 'beam them up? who do you think I am, scotty?' in tangent
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I thought that was a Klingon Batleh hanging behind Khonsu's chamber.

In memento, iirc, the opening scene of the Prometheus in a battle drill reminded me of Star Trek heavily. I guess they were nodding to it, but i felt like they were also taking the piss out of the show by mocking the routnes that would seem the norm on any Star Trek show.

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
                    from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana
                      I thought that was a Klingon Batleh hanging behind Khonsu's chamber.

In memento, iirc, the opening scene of the Prometheus in a battle drill reminded me of Star Trek heavily. I guess they were nodding to it, but i felt like they were also taking the piss out of the show by mocking the routnes that would seem the norm on any Star Trek show.
                      only difference was the Prometheus crew didn't go flying around the place when they were shot at

Comment

I think the Promethius command deck is far too star treky.

I'm pretty sure i have an idea of submarine and ship bridges - i think they should have designed an all new high tech version of that instead of building off Star Trek seat in the centre with consoles around

Comment

They could have made the Prometheus ships less Star Trekky I suppose and looked more to the design of submarines and ships. Mind you, there is a resemblance to Star Wars in how some of the corridors and doorways look.

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
                          from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

There is also the use of the transporter beam and sound effect in Wormhole X-Treme...subtle and funny!
                            Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                            O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                            - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                            - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                            once done, cannot be undone...
                            brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

also, there's jack calling himself 'captain james t kirk' in 1969
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X