This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kick-Kinsey View Post
    Exactly, that was part of the point I was trying to make - I think GW already has too many sub forums.
    Actually, that wasn't the point I was trying to make. What I was trying to say is that if there are going to be more folders then there are some that have been left out; if anything, I'm saying there need to be more, not less.

I do think it's jumping the gun to have a BW folder, yes, but since it already exists, I feel that some other shows/franchises deserve folders, too. Darren has answered on that score and, well... that's that. *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
      It's pre-planning. If NBC gets even mediocre ratings for Bionic Woman, it's going to be watched by somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 to 12 million people. That's four or five times Stargate's total U.S. audience at its height.
      But on the other hand if after a few weeks on the air it is cancelled or moved to a bad time slot and fandom for the show never really takes off you will have to delete this section. *shrugs* Your site but that seems like bad planning to me, sure have it all ready go if/when it takes off but this pre-emtive stuff... better left to the studio sites imho.

Hmm, nothing turned me off this show quicker then the EP saying it (she) was *post feminist* I love it when white men on 6 figure salaries tell me we are living in a post feminist society.

Comment

I love it when people make judgments and harsh predictions on something no one has any idea how it will turn out. At least Darren is moving forward with ideas and trying to keep this board new. I for one want the show to make it and this area to make it. What I don't get is why people feel the need to go in to an area, like this and bash good ideas with absolutely no constructive criticism. It's a no brainier that if this show tanks then this area will be poled. But this area is going to be part of something a little bigger then just GateWorld. *Hint* SciFi Stream*/Hint* I came to GateWorld for BSG not StarGate. I really like StarGate but I don't geek on it like I do other things. And it's the people like me that geek on all kinds of other things that can be tapped in to here. IMHO

Die Thread... DIE.
        Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by Doze View Post
          I love it when people make judgments and harsh predictions on something no one has any idea how it will turn out. At least Darren is moving forward with ideas and trying to keep this board new. I for one want the show to make it and this area to make it. What I don't get is why people feel the need to go in to an area, like this and bash good ideas with absolutely no constructive criticism. It's a no brainier that if this show tanks then this area will be poled. But this area is going to be part of something a little bigger then just GateWorld. *Hint* SciFi Stream*/Hint* I came to GateWorld for BSG not StarGate. I really like StarGate but I don't geek on it like I do other things. And it's the people like me that geek on all kinds of other things that can be tapped in to here. IMHO
          Well imho this 'experiment' will just lead to people being annoyed that a show that is yet to air gets its own section but shows that have been around and proven they have a fanbase are still waiting... it just seems to me, that the criteria for a show gaining its own section on GW makes even less common sense these days. And can someone tell me why LOST is seen as scifi as aposed to fantasy/soapy/drama... *shrugs*

Comment

Much as I hope BW will succeed it'd be funny if it failed, thus rendering this folder obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by jmw326 View Post
              I am looking forward to it as well and will definately give it a chance before I make up my mind.
              Same here. There's no sense in prematurely judging something before you even see it.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I agree, I thought a B5 forum when there were only like 5 active topics and a dozen topics with posts from this year!

Now we have BW, here's a hint, it sucks, I mean it's really bad. The first one you knew was cheesey, but this one tries to make it something it is not. What will happen when the show is canceled no later than the first season?

I think it's lame that they desided to do this, when will the badness end? i think a "V - The Series" forum will get more use tan this one.

Comment

Every critic said Star Wars was really bad before it was out and that Star Trek the Motion Picture was the greatest SciFi movie ever before it came out. My point is you just don't know if this is going to make it or not.

Why is it a hard concept that if the show tanks this area will be no more? And why is it so hard to see that if the show turns out to be good then putting this area up before there is a demand was insightful? It's a win / not really out anything idea. Why dose this area threaten you? If you already don't like the show then don't watch it and don't come to this area. That'll show everyone, wont it.
                  Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

I really think part of the negative reaction to BW (at least around here) has to do with it having its own folder. People who'd normally leave well enough alone suddenly feel compelled to come in and piss on the show and complain how it's utter crap and doesn't deserve its own folder. Understandable, I suppose, since I liked the pilot and I'm still not sure it deserves its own folder yet, but while I'm all for listening to dissenting viewpoints, so far most of what I'm hearing is just nasty, vitriolic BS being thrown at the show instead of calm, rational explanations. There's no "the camera movements make it hard to follow the actions" or "it's hard to be sympathetic with the main character" or "the story was very scattered and lacked real focus", it's all "It sucks!" and "This is gonna be crap!" and "I hated it! This other show was so much better!" and of course, "It stinks! There's no way it deserves its own folder!"

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      I really think part of the negative reaction to BW (at least around here) has to do with it having its own folder. People who'd normally leave well enough alone suddenly feel compelled to come in and piss on the show and complain how it's utter crap [i]and doesn't deserve its own folder.
                      But those are the same people that will be the first to jump on the this folder and show are wonderful band wagon. And if Darren hadn't made the folder people would be *****ing cause he hadn't made one so no matter what no one is gong to be happy.
                      Last edited by SGA fan; 10 September 2007, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SGA fan View Post
                        But those are the same people that will be the first to jump on the this folder and show are wonderful band wagon. And if Darren hadn't made the folder people would be *****ing cause he hadn't made one so no matter what no one is gong to be happy.
                        Agreed! Green to you!
                        Doze Out...

Comment

And if Darren hadn't made the folder people would be *****ing cause he hadn't made one so no matter what no one is gong to be happy.
                          True enough. But the mindless bashing does wear on the nerves once in a while.

Comment

I am looking forward to this show I did watch the original when I was a kid. If having a folder helps great would I like a SW folder too sure but I am not being greedy very happy with the B5 folder and the Farscape folder the only reason I want a SW folder is the same reason I wanted a Farscape folder so I can talk to others that I know I am very shy on other boards but here I am very comfortable purely selfish reasons on my part. I did give you green Darren for the Farscape and B5 folders. BW is a show I will watch and having a place where I can chat and be comfortable is a big plus.
                            sigpic
                            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

How very true.....there will always be someone to complain. Personally, I haven't seen the pilot, but I'm looking forward to seeing what this show is like. And hey, if it fails, it could always be replaced with a "Pushing Daisies" folder. *cough cough*

*runs*

Comment

This show could be "pushing daisies" before too long. Morgan walked? Not a good sign.

Comment

Working...
                                X