Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast

Thread: Bionic Womans forum dies on it's arse ?

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Default Re: Bionic Womans forum dies on it's arse ?

Quote Originally Posted by jmw326 View Post
    I am looking forward to it as well and will definately give it a chance before I make up my mind.
    Same here. There's no sense in prematurely judging something before you even see it.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

I agree, I thought a B5 forum when there were only like 5 active topics and a dozen topics with posts from this year!

Now we have BW, here's a hint, it sucks, I mean it's really bad. The first one you knew was cheesey, but this one tries to make it something it is not. What will happen when the show is canceled no later than the first season?

I think it's lame that they desided to do this, when will the badness end? i think a "V - The Series" forum will get more use tan this one.

Every critic said Star Wars was really bad before it was out and that Star Trek the Motion Picture was the greatest SciFi movie ever before it came out. My point is you just don't know if this is going to make it or not.

Why is it a hard concept that if the show tanks this area will be no more? And why is it so hard to see that if the show turns out to be good then putting this area up before there is a demand was insightful? It's a win / not really out anything idea. Why dose this area threaten you? If you already don't like the show then don't watch it and don't come to this area. That'll show everyone, wont it.
    Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

I really think part of the negative reaction to BW (at least around here) has to do with it having its own folder. People who'd normally leave well enough alone suddenly feel compelled to come in and piss on the show and complain how it's utter crap and doesn't deserve its own folder. Understandable, I suppose, since I liked the pilot and I'm still not sure it deserves its own folder yet, but while I'm all for listening to dissenting viewpoints, so far most of what I'm hearing is just nasty, vitriolic BS being thrown at the show instead of calm, rational explanations. There's no "the camera movements make it hard to follow the actions" or "it's hard to be sympathetic with the main character" or "the story was very scattered and lacked real focus", it's all "It sucks!" and "This is gonna be crap!" and "I hated it! This other show was so much better!" and of course, "It stinks! There's no way it deserves its own folder!"

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    I really think part of the negative reaction to BW (at least around here) has to do with it having its own folder. People who'd normally leave well enough alone suddenly feel compelled to come in and piss on the show and complain how it's utter crap [i]and doesn't deserve its own folder.
    But those are the same people that will be the first to jump on the this folder and show are wonderful band wagon. And if Darren hadn't made the folder people would be *****ing cause he hadn't made one so no matter what no one is gong to be happy.
    Last edited by SGA fan; September 10th, 2007 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SGA fan View Post
    But those are the same people that will be the first to jump on the this folder and show are wonderful band wagon. And if Darren hadn't made the folder people would be *****ing cause he hadn't made one so no matter what no one is gong to be happy.
    Agreed! Green to you!
    Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

And if Darren hadn't made the folder people would be *****ing cause he hadn't made one so no matter what no one is gong to be happy.
    True enough. But the mindless bashing does wear on the nerves once in a while.

Lieutenant General poundpuppy29's Avatar

I am looking forward to this show I did watch the original when I was a kid. If having a folder helps great would I like a SW folder too sure but I am not being greedy very happy with the B5 folder and the Farscape folder the only reason I want a SW folder is the same reason I wanted a Farscape folder so I can talk to others that I know I am very shy on other boards but here I am very comfortable purely selfish reasons on my part. I did give you green Darren for the Farscape and B5 folders. BW is a show I will watch and having a place where I can chat and be comfortable is a big plus.

My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Fav Ships, My Fav Characters, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

How very true.....there will always be someone to complain. Personally, I haven't seen the pilot, but I'm looking forward to seeing what this show is like. And hey, if it fails, it could always be replaced with a "Pushing Daisies" folder. *cough cough*

*runs*

This show could be "pushing daisies" before too long. Morgan walked? Not a good sign.

Hell Reaper show get it's own folder. Hoe about a folder for V The Series? Terminator should have gotten a new folder long before BW and B5 did.

Folders for non-Stargate shows on GateWorld Forum are, as of two weeks ago, directly related to SciFi Stream and what that site covers. More folders will be added in the near future for both current series and brand new shows that are about to premiere that I like the look of and hope will be successful.

Whether or not a show or franchise is already a hit and has a big following is no longer a determining factor.

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - RSS
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Folders for non-Stargate shows on GateWorld Forum are, as of two weeks ago, directly related to SciFi Stream and what that site covers. More folders will be added in the near future for both current series and brand new shows that are about to premiere that I like the look of and hope will be successful.

Whether or not a show or franchise is already a hit and has a big following is no longer a determining factor.
    Seeing the disbelief of the unbelievers, Darren fell to his knees and cried out for all the impure to be purged for the land. The blessed Ori hearing his cry enveloped all with fire from the sky, save three. These few prostrate before Darren and gave praise offerings to the Ori. These would become the prophets of Scifiree the land of many streams and wonders.
    Hallow is the Ori
    Doze Out...

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post

Which is lame as hell.

"We will make new folders on **** shows, so 5 people can talk in one thread".

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    Which is lame as hell.

It's a "****" show in your opinion. Which I somehow suspect isn't a deciding factor.

Which is lame as hell.

so, if he made a folder to cover the joss wheadon franschise. Firefly,buffy and angel. it might not be the most popular but to the people who like the shows it would mean alot.

so, if he made a folder to cover the joss wheadon franschise. Firefly,buffy and angel. it might not be the most popular but to the people who like the shows it would mean alot.
    It would be a hell of a lot more popular than BW forum. Hell this topic making fun of the BW is more popular than the rest of the forum.

Which is lame as hell.

If we make room for a new show and it's a hit, we'll be called visionary and have one of the first places on the Internet for fans of that show to talk. If the show fails, we'll remove the folder and move forward. It's the Internet -- nothing has to be forever.

If we don't make a space for a new show about which we are hopeful, and it's a hit, then fans will quickly (from the first episode) find other places to talk about the show, and we lose out.

If you think it's a bad idea, just don't browse to those folders. Or, check out vBulletin.com to purchase software and GoDaddy.com to get a domain name of your own at a great price.

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - RSS
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

TV Re: Bionic Womans forum dies on it's arse ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kick-Kinsey View Post
    I've never been one to protest against a show before I fully see it but from what I've seen of Bionic Woman I am not looking forward to it, and the pilot stinks. Scifi has backed some pretty lame scifi like Painkiller Jane and Bonnie Hammer's new FlashGordon stinks. Bionic Woman will be another dark, un-original, low rated series that never takes off and I'm not looking forward to some lame British soap opera actress named Michelle Ryan.

Yep the show stinks, been done to death,,,,
    lot sof rip off of past shows, trying to be re-done again this season,,, oh well,<mod snip>
    Last edited by Skydiver; September 30th, 2007 at 05:43 PM.

Vala Re: Bionic Womans forum dies on it's arse ?

Wow, what a lot of hate for a show. Way to call the fans of it names (changed due to mod snippage of the original post - thanks mods!).

I'd rather watch BW than all the "reality" crap that's out there. I'm giving BW a chance because geez, it's A NEW SHOW (so to speak) and most shows are NOT THEIR BEST when they just start.

Please those of you who do not like the show do those of us who like it (and are willing to give it a chance) all a favor, stay out of the BW forum.
    Last edited by SunKrux; September 30th, 2007 at 05:47 PM.

I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.