This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Username...What does it mean?!

Just curious as to how some people came up with the username they have and why they came up with it? What's the meaning, why is it around...things like that. I'm bored and curious since I find some of the names wicked. Just as an example there's a person named Ragnarok (I green him/her just because I like his/her name), whenever I see that name it brings back memories of when I was a kid and watching GhostBusters. If anyone remembers that episode you'll know what I mean. I love the original GB and I love seeing the name.

So my curiousity got the best of me and I had to ask why, how---ultimately it's meaning and what it means to you.

I'll start off with mine. I'm VABERELLA as you can tell. I have been Vaberella since I was about 14 and got my first email with hotmail. Which is Vaberella, basically all my emails have Vaberella. Literally whereever you see Vaberella, you can pretty much assume it's me. Unless some loon is using my name, and then I'll have to sue for copyright infringement.

I took the name from the movie Barbarella, I saw it when I was between the ages of 10-12, as you can tell it made it's mark on me at a young young young age. I guess I was messed up from it when I saw Barberella have sex with the Angel. It's actually my favorite movie in the whole world even though it's crap. You could imagine what a surprise it was for me to find out that Duran Duran got their name from Dr. Duran the other character in Barbarella. Great minds and such...

I did the "erella" because I forgot it was "arella", and I didn't like "arella" too much because I didn't want it too close to Barb's and it sounds different rolling off the tongue (mine rolls better). Vabarella and Vaberella sound very very different. Needless to say I like "erella".

VAB are just my real name initials. I normally go by V in real life, since my name is Aramaic (pronounced with a french accent); but I just got tired of the incorrect pronunciation and people assuming it's Russian. Atlhough, admittedly 2/3rds of my family have Russian names. I think it was my mum's influence. A, is my middle name, that's straight french nothing special, same goes for the last name. So I put them together and got VABERELLA and have had it for over 13 years. I'm not very original.

Anyone else? I know most people don't have such a long and detailed origin as mine. I'm just curious to know what was behind the names. As an addition, what names on the board bring about a reaction from you? Be it uncontrollable giggles, anger, or just wondering "how in the hell do you pronounce that name"? Which might make that user come to the thread and answer the question.

This is basically a Username thread and what you guys think about them.

Vabby
    Click statement above to read article.

well my name is dave and well i like stargate and i just thought of an arbatrary number

Comment

tis a rather tortured amalgamation of two words from Tolkiens elvish language Quenya. It theoretically means 'little' 'jewel'
      sigpic
      Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
      My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

^^ So can I call you Titty for short, or I wonder if that will be *****. I love it.

Edit: Obviously not. Wicked!!!

Comment

the name.....it means nothing

Seriously though, my name is Amann because well, Im A Man . So whenever people ask me, You're Amann? I reply, "yep, Im a man" Also had people walk up to me all the time and say, "eh man?". And there are a few other reasons why i picked it, but i can't remember it much.
          sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
            ^^ So can I call you Titty for short, or I wonder if that will be *****. I love it.

Edit: Obviously not. Wicked!!!
            Titta, Titty, Tits, Titi.... any variation on a theme...lol...yes it's a slightly rude word too
            sigpic
            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

My name has a bit of history behind it. Originally, it started its life as Vampyr Alpha, on the MMORPG RuneScape. I had been sitting there, at the 'create a user name' screen for several minutes, before I took Vampyre, dropped the 'e', and stuck Alpha on it.

Later, when I started playing Halo for the PC, I operated under the name of Alpha for several months before I changed over to Vampyr. After a few more months of that, I joined GW with this name.

And no, I am not Goth, Emo or obsessed with vampires. It just sounded like a cool name at the time.

Comment

Tits, it is!!

By the way Tits, did you know your username translation is very salacious?! You little rasputin (<---it means debaucher), you!!! It's just double-edged blade, no matter how you look at it. I love how you think...I think I need Amann and quick. Okay, so I'm a total cornball!!

Comment

well theres another orgin of my name the 43 is a combination of teams SG-3 and SG-4

Comment

Originally posted by Davesg-43 View Post
                    well theres another orgin of my name the 43 is a combination of teams SG-3 and SG-4
                    Which eps do they appear in, I'm so not familiar with Stargate SG-1?

Originally posted by Vampyr View Post
                    My name has a bit of history behind it. Originally, it started its life as Vampyr Alpha, on the MMORPG RuneScape. I had been sitting there, at the 'create a user name' screen for several minutes, before I took Vampyre, dropped the 'e', and stuck Alpha on it.

Later, when I started playing Halo for the PC, I operated under the name of Alpha for several months before I changed over to Vampyr. After a few more months of that, I joined GW with this name.

And no, I am not Goth, Emo or obsessed with vampires. It just sounded like a cool name at the time.
                    I think it's a cool name, and I figured you were obsessed with vampires. Good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                      Which eps do they appear in, I'm so not familiar with Stargate SG-1?

I think it's a cool name, and I figured you were obsessed with vampires. Good to know.
                      well SG-3 appers alot and sg4 is mentioned alot

Comment

well Col. is a rank and my last name is Newman so that is it

Comment

Mine comes straight out of Serenity "Can't stop the signal"
                          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

My name comes from Captain/Major Griff from "The First Ones" "Beneath the Surface" and "Prodigy" in S4 Hopefully ole Griff is a Lt. Col by now, but who knows!

Perfecto!

Comment

Well 'Chaapaai' Means 'Stargate' in Goa'uld and I was born in 1993 so - well i don't know why its there really.

Comment

Working...
                              X