This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replicators versus Ori

So what do you think which one would win the war? The replicators versus the Ori? And by Ori I do not mean the ascended beings but the followers of the Ori, including the Priors.

And while you are it, please tell us why you think the side you picked would win.

Replicators hands down.

They win the ground battle without even trying because of their vastly superior numbers, better coordination, and complete immunity to all Ori ground weapons.

In space the Replicators have vastly superior numbers and all Asgard knowledge in addition to all the rest of the knowledge they have gathered. And remember, once the Replicators capture Ori tech they can reverse engineer it and then they have it all as well.

Comment

I pick the replicators. the ori followers use energy based weapons, which has been shown on many occasions to have no effect on replicators, (maybe not a ori weapon specifically but the staff weapons and zats which are probably based on ancient weapons) so unless they change to projectile weapons they dont stand a chance.

Comment

MW Replicators or Asurans?

If priors can generate Anti-Replicator Waves, then I'd say a draw. Those sneaky little Replicators could get on-board, consume, and ultimately destroy/harvest Ori Cruisers, regardless of their countermeasures. The Reps could just keep building up fleets until all of the Ori Cruisers fell. But the reps still couldn't win on ground, since they couldn't actually kill the priors effectively.

The Asurans have superior tech, so they'd destroy the Ori even if they had ARWs.
        sigpic
        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
        ~David Hewlett

Comment

I say Replicators.
          sigpic

Sig by SamJackShipLover! Thanks!

Thanks to Vanity_killsxxx on LJ for my profile pic!

Comment

yeah I'd go the good old Replicaters, speshly if the human forms could find a way to somehow get the knowledge of how the priors are wired....wow that would suck for Ori and everyone else.

Comment

replicators the ori followers wont figure out how to kill them

Comment

Replicators, dont forget they became immune to the anti replicator waves and according to replicarter, the only weapon capable of destroying them has now been destroyed itself on dakara.
                SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

I'd say Replicators. As it has already been mentioned, the Ori use energy weapons and that has never had an effect on them. The only likely scenario is that replicators board a Ori ship and consume all their technology. And I would imagine Ori have superior tech to Asgard even? So you can imagine how powerfull replicators could become.

Of course, I suppose it is possible they could have a way to defeat them. The anti-replicator weapon was built using Ancient knowledge. I guess the Ori should have this information too and be able to build a new one. The only downside for them is that they would have to modify it so it can once again destroy the little buggers. I think that should be possible, or am I wrong about this?

Comment

I would say the replicators. For a start the ori weapons would be ineffective and the replicators could take an ori ship and replicate the technology.

The ori would have the knowledge to create another weapon but how would they get it built?. They are all ascended and we havent seen one descend yet (or do they pass knowledge to the priors) Also the ori do not know how the weapon was modified so i dont think this would be possible straight away. the replicators would have probably destroyed the ori fleet before they got a chance to build it
                    Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                    sigpic
                    sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Originally posted by Team SG-1*save the show* View Post
                      The ori would have the knowledge to create another weapon but how would they get it built?. They are all ascended and we havent seen one descend yet (or do they pass knowledge to the priors) Also the ori do not know how the weapon was modified so i dont think this would be possible straight away. the replicators would have probably destroyed the ori fleet before they got a chance to build it
                      I think in a desperate situation like that, I think they would pass on their knowledge, if it's possible...that we don't know I guess. But as you said, even if they managed to built a new one, they would likely not be able to use it right away and who knows how long it would take for them to modify it so it can be used. Which is why I said that there was a downside.

But didn't Adria have all the knowledge of the Ori? Obviously she is ascended now, but still.

Comment

How about all the Prior tricks?

Comment

I'm kind of torn on this one, afterall couldn't the priors just seperate all the replicator blocks with one thought? The milkyway replicators are really crafty and the fact they assimilate technology would give them the distinct advantage, it's just whether they'd get time to assimilate any Ori technology before the priors blow them to bits. On the Ori followers Vs the Reps, well I'm sure it isn't out of the Ori's reach to come up with a anti-replicator gun and hand it out to their followers.

If we're talking about Asuran Replicators VS Ori then I'd give it to the Ori. I don't think Asuran technology is superior and the fact they seem stuck in their ways (they don't appear to assimilate technology) would eventually be their downfall. I still think the milkyway replicators were a much greater threat than the Asurans are, imo their imitation of their creators holds them back.

Comment

Initially the Ori weapons would probably blow a few Rep ships up. However they would soon adapt & become immune the moment they got their blocks inside the Ori ship. Once that happened the Ori would be so screwed.

The only thing the Ori have is powerful weapons on their ship. All the Reps would need to do is launch a projectile filled with Replicator blocks into the Ori ship. They could even ring them over instead if they wanted to. Once inside the Reps would begin consuming & taking over the ship. The warriors energy weapons probably would do nothing against them & that'd be it for them. They would now know how everything worked. Then they would adapt the ship themselves & make it better than the Ori could ever have.

Without the Ori themselves intervening, then the Priors & their warriors would be quickly wiped out. The Asurans with their Lantean knowledge would be able to take them out even quicker.

The Reps & Asurans are the 2 most powerful races ever. The Ori nor anyone else wouldn't stand a chance in a straight fight.

Comment

replicators

Comment

Working...
                              X