This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revealing The Stargate Program ?

Will Earth Ever tell the people of earth about the stargate program ?

Originally posted by mouse View Post
    Will Earth Ever tell the people of earth about the stargate program ?
    Hopefully, no. Bringing the issue to the public would cause nothing but problems. As well, this topic has been discussed many times before under other threads. Look in the upper right of your screen.
    Last edited by Morrolan; 17 August 2007, 06:41 AM.

Comment

i feel like im going back in time when i come on here these days with the amount of people repeating posts

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
        i feel like im going back in time when i come on here these days with the amount of people repeating posts
        You're in a time loop!

Comment

Originally posted by Morrolan View Post
          You're in a time loop!
          Lol

Comment

Personally i don't think it would happen, or at least not yet. As if you cast your mind back to the episode where it was set in the future, and they ahd all but stopped having kids due to their "allies plan". THey had revealed the program and everyone used it sesibly. But i feel that wouldn't happen, as reality is, people would want control, they would want to do this that and the other. And it would cause more problem that it's worth. Or at least that's my take on it.

AS releasing it public would only happen if every enemey was defeated, and there was no more exploration to any other planets, that they had set up colonies there, and made planets safe for travel. And of cours created an intergalatic currency etc. It would be way too troublesome to set up a network of planets that everyone could use...plus taking it public would of course have every country wanting a team, and maybe even isuse or temptation on terrorists or mercanary groups wanting to get hold of it.
            sigpic

Comment

I hope that in the story, they never reveal the existence of the program. An episode like 2010, where it's only a single episode where it happens and doesn't continue on in the franchise is the only way the franchise can survive. Remember, a big part of the show is that it stays realistic and current. Saying that everyone knows that there is a stargate program in the show just takes a lot away from that, it takes away from how you could relate "their universe" to ours. Keep the mystery to the public on the show. It's needed.

But beyond the realm of the show, if this was happening in real life should they reveal the existence? I pretty much agree with what Mike said ^^ in the post above, it would cause a lot of problems and would just be another thing for groups of people to struggle for control over. There would be a lot of things that would have to happen first.
              "The true nature of a man is decided in the battle between his conscious mind and the desires of his subconscious." - Stargate

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Judge of a man by his questions rather than by his answers." - Voltaire

Comment

I think they should. It's gotten so big, too hard to hide. What with all the people involved in both galaxies and all the ships being built, etc. Back in season 1-6 it made perfect sense to have it secret, but these days it's a suspension of disbelief issue. How are we, the audiance, supposed to believe that all of this continues to go on under the noses of the American and Tau'ri people...and it's NOT public knowledge?

If they had known season 10 was the last...disclosing the Stargate program to the public wiould have made a nice little side arc for the season. The series would end on the 'new world' of Earth knowing what's out there. An end of an era, a begining of a new one...
                Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Well, I'd hope they'd eventually make it public, its such an important discovery to humanity that keeping it secret is just wrong. Plus the US would look hugely bad the longer they leave it secret...cos you know it'd be heaped on them if they ever did go public. Can't live in the shadows forever.
                  sigpic

Comment

I personlaly think that eventually it will have to go public. It will either come out cos we defeat all the bad guys and simply tell everyone cos there is no problem them knowing, or it will get leaked some how and they won't be able to come up with a good enough cover story or perhaps finally we will encounter a bady who kicks are ass so bad in order to mobilise our resources we will have to tell the population. Then again i gues that bady could just invade then i imagine people would figure it out for themselves lol.
                    General Hammond "I thought the arm bands were meant to make them stronger, not stupid"

Comment

I think when the Stargate Program goes public the biggest backlash could come from the familys of the soldiers that have been killed over the years.

I mean the government wouldn't tell the families that they were killed on another planet fighting aliens would they.
                      sigpic
                      "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
                      Signature made by RJB

Comment

If they made the stargate program public knowledge in series 10 or previous, then it would have caused mass panic if they found out the ori or gou'ald were our enemny even all those over in atlantis. It would just cause concern and generally i believe the attitude would be;

- close the gate, bring our people back. And hide ourselves, keeping our nosres out of the galaxies business. As i think the general public would not like paying the tax for it, nor want the dangers that come from it.

So it shouldn't be released unl;ess we beat everyone but we're far from that. AS if they knew in season 10 we were at war with a race we're we couldn't destroy their ship or was getting our asses kicked, there would be mass panic. And everyone would want evacuating from earth etc...it wouldn't be worth the hassle. As if they can keep hiding the program till a point were they can release it without causing panic, or potential new groups who want control...then do it. But ifeel it would cause a lot of trouble and possibly infighting.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, I can say it would take some work before we could release it to the public but I wouldn't say we'd have to defeat all the baddies first. Face it, there will always be another bad guy.

Maybe, just maybe if the Stargate were made public, it would force people to put their petty squabbles into galactic perspective and perhaps unite us as a people. Of course, I'm an optimist
                          sigpic

Comment

If the SG program became public knowledge and it was well known how easily we could be wiped out I think there would deffinitely be mass panic and riots. I do have to say that episodes where they explore this possibility in alternate universes has been very interesting indeed.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Working...
                            X