X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SciFi announces fall schedule - SGA to have mid-season break

August 15th

SCI FI Announces Fall Dates
    SCI FI Channel announced dates for its fall premieres, including the season premieres of Ghost Hunters and Stargate Atlantis.

The second season of Ghost Hunters debuts on Sept. 26 and will air Wednesdays at 9 p.m. On Halloween, from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m., SCI FI will air the Second Annual Ghost Hunters Live special, a six-hour investigative television event, which will revisit one of the most haunted places in America, Waverly Hills Sanitarium in Louisville, Ky.

The fourth season of Stargate Atlantis debuts on Sept. 28 and will air Fridays at 10 p.m. Atlantis will have a midseason finale on Dec. 7, a finale that will feature the return of Torri Higginson as Dr. Elizabeth Weir. The Atlantis team must ally itself with a known enemy to join forces against an even greater foe.

Beginning in October, SCI FI will air Battlestar Galactica "mini-sodes" entitled "Razor" during episodes of the hit series Flash Gordon, Fridays at 9 p.m. The two-to-three-minute shorts will lead into the Nov. 24 premiere of "Razor," the two-hour Battlestar special TV movie, which will tell the story of Lee Adama's (Jamie Bamber) first mission as commander of the Battlestar Pegasus and will reveal the story of how Adm. Cain (Michelle Forbes) served her ship during the original Cylon attack on the Colonies. "Razor," which airs at 9 p.m., will provide a backdrop to events in the rest of Battlestar, which returns for its fourth and final season in early 2008.

Throughout the fall, SCI FI's summer series will have their finales: Who Wants To Be a Superhero? at 9 p.m. Sept. 13, Painkiller Jane at 10 p.m. Sept. 21, Eureka at 9 p.m. Oct. 2 and Doctor Who at 8 p.m. Oct. 5.

more at http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=2&id=43313

Originally posted by prion View Post
    August 15th
    Beginning in October, SCI FI will air Battlestar Galactica "mini-sodes" entitled "Razor" during episodes of the hit series Flash Gordon, Fridays at 9 p.m.
    Sorry, it isn't worth it to watch Flush Flash Gordon for those BSG mini-sodes.

I just with SGA didn't come right after FG. Terrible programming.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
      Sorry, it isn't worth it to watch Flush Flash Gordon for those BSG mini-sodes.

I just with SGA didn't come right after FG. Terrible programming.
      Ah, talk about marketing... y'see, I"ll watch FG to catch SGA ads. Now they'll have BSG fans watching FG for BSG ads. How insidious....

Comment

Dang it! You beat me to it. I posted the news through out the forums on Sci-fi!
        sigpic

Comment

Cool!
          And they are doing a live Ghost Hunters again, that's neat! I missed it last year.

Any word yet on when SGA will resume after the mid season break?

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

probably in januARY

Comment

Well as long as it's not a six month long break again I'll be happy.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                Cool!
                And they are doing a live Ghost Hunters again, that's neat! I missed it last year.

Any word yet on when SGA will resume after the mid season break?
                Have no idea. sure as heck hope he's not some awful six month lag like last time.

Comment

The "hit series" Flash Gordon? FG's aired ONE episode. He really must be the Messiah of the universe. Or something. SGA at 10 o'clock? Wow. Are they trying to cancel it?
                  sigpic

Comment

Have no idea. sure as heck hope he's not some awful six month lag like last time.
                    I don't know why people are worried about the 10pm slot. SGA started with that slot and got some of the best ratings, plus BSG was at that spot for years and it did very well.
                    sigpic

Comment

There may not be a haitus at all. They may do the same thing they did with BSG. Only have a month hiatus for the holiday season. Then come back in Jan.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        There may not be a haitus at all. They may do the same thing they did with BSG. Only have a month hiatus for the holiday season. Then come back in Jan.
                        That's what I'm thinking too.

Not like Skiffy has any more programming to fill the gap.

And I'm hoping BSG returns with SGA.
                        Last edited by PhatChance; 15 August 2007, 01:37 PM.

Comment

I do believe it's a christmas break (i.e. 2 weeks)

:Crosses fingers:

Comment

They canned PKJ, Dresden Files, and SG-1! BSG is ending in 2008. What will they have in late 2008? That would be the time for a Season 5 of SGA. Makes sense right? They will air Eureka between the off seasons of SGA. The top shows of the network are this...

Eureka
                            ECW
                            Stargate Atlantis
                            Ghost Hunters
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              I don't know why people are worried about the 10pm slot. SGA started with that slot and got some of the best ratings, plus BSG was at that spot for years and it did very well.
                              10PM is a good timeslot, particularly on a Friday night.

As to "why people are worried", I think it's more that they want to set up a scapegoat for why the show may not do well that doesn't put the responsibility of the show itself.

Comment

Working...
                              X