Vala's patches...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vala's patches...

Okay, so I have a big question... Very rarely does this show stump me to the point that I can't think of an explaination of why the cast/crew have done something, but I found myself encountering one of those rare occasions the other day while watching The Quest Pt 1.

So here's my question:
    Why is Vala the only member of the team not sporting the Air Force patch? At first I thought it was because she was an alien, but low and behold, Teal'c bears one on his jacket.
    If anyone can think of why she may not have one, I'm open to explainations as this is just baffling me....
    sigpic
    awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
    Okay, so I have a big question... Very rarely does this show stump me to the point that I can't think of an explaination of why the cast/crew have done something, but I found myself encountering one of those rare occasions the other day while watching The Quest Pt 1.

So here's my question:
    Why is Vala the only member of the team not sporting the Air Force patch? At first I thought it was because she was an alien, but low and behold, Teal'c bears one on his jacket.
    If anyone can think of why she may not have one, I'm open to explainations as this is just baffling me....
    probably for the same reason why Gen. O'neill got promoted and then demoted several times during the Shroud episode

Maybe costume got it wrong.

Comment

For an In-universe solution, it may be that Teal'c is officailly employed but the Air Force, what with potentially living off base and having a need for money, whereas Vala, being newer to our planet, still lives on base and has everything provided to her.

Comment

Originally posted by captain Qball View Post
        For an In-universe solution, it may be that Teal'c is officailly employed but the Air Force, what with potentially living off base and having a need for money, whereas Vala, being newer to our planet, still lives on base and has everything provided to her.
        If I`m thinking of the same badge you are, its the one that has wings with something written below right?
        If so, it may be that in order to have that patch you need to have some sort of pilot training, which Vala wouldn't have had. Of course, if this is the case, then Daniel must`ve had the training as I believe he has the patch.

We`ll say QBall is right, his explanation brings up less additional questions!

Comment

Thanks guys! QBall, excellent answer, I really actually as deceptively simple as that was, never thought of it. That completely works!
          Merin, I never noticed that either, now I'm going back and watching The Shroud over again, just to giggle.
          Thanks guys
          sigpic
          awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Firstly, based on "Dominion," Vala is payed. QBall is probably right. It could also be that Vala's directly employed by the IOA, and holds no rank in the Air Force, where Teal'c is directly employed by the Air Force, and has led teams of Black Ops Officers on multiple occasions.
            sigpic
            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
            ~David Hewlett

Comment

The answers are too deep. The patch is strictly an AF patch, not a pilot training patch. I remember when the AF went with that symbol, blech.
              The true answer goes with why O'Neill got promoted and demoted several times in Shroud or why in Children of the Gods it was CPT/MAJ/LTC Kawalski. TPTB have consistently been very inconsistent with everything they do. Whoever did the costuming wasn't paying a whole lot of attention or didn't care.

Comment

The answers are too deep

Comment

Working...
                X