Thread: Stargate Monopoly

First Lieutenant

Default Stargate Monopoly

I was thinking about trying to make Stargate monopoly, but I don't know where to start.. They have "build your own" monopoly kits, and I think I want to try to make a Stargate one, since I do not see one currently in existence.. But I think I may need some help.
    For example, who/what would be Park Place or Boardwalk. What would be the events or quotes or whatever on the Community Chest or Chance cards, furthermore what would those card sets be called? For example in the Marvel Monopoly Community Chest and Chance are the Onamotapea for Spiderman’s web launch and Wolverine’s claws extending. I can’t remember the words offhand.
    Anyway..
    Little help?
    "A friend is someone who stabs you in the front."

Ilshah, host to A’aaruk-GateWorld RP

Default Re: Stargate Monopoly

I think it's a wonderful idea. I don't believe nobody has ever made one if there's even a Farscape one made. A Stargate monopoly... as for the quotes, you can simply watch through the series and pick some, I'm sure SOMETHING will come up good. Making a monopoly isn't that hard actually, all you need is patience. As for the cards, call them... the Zat cards and Staff cards or Stargate cards and Spaceship cards. Seriously, it's not that hard.

"They sleep in my mind and I forget. And so will you. Yes, you will. You'll find there's so much else to think of, to remember."

Credit goes to Nolamom for the updated sig!

Boardwalk and Park Place could be Earth and Atlantis. Instead of getting sent to jail, get sent to the Destiny? The cards could be Jaffa and Ga'ould cards. The 4 'railroads' could be the 4 gates: Russia, Antarctica, Atlantis & Cheyenne Mountain.

Sounds like a fun idea.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedwesley View Post
    Boardwalk and Park Place could be Earth and Atlantis. Instead of getting sent to jail, get sent to the Destiny? The cards could be Jaffa and Ga'ould cards. The 4 'railroads' could be the 4 gates: Russia, Antarctica, Atlantis & Cheyenne Mountain.

Sounds like a fun idea.
    Good but don't forget that the Russian Gate is actually the same gate previously used in Cheyenne Mountain. Once the Russians had it, Earth took Antartica Gate. I think you should replace Russia with Destiny.

"They sleep in my mind and I forget. And so will you. Yes, you will. You'll find there's so much else to think of, to remember."

The only problem is that the last time this guy visited Gateworld was 2008.