Can Earth build new Stargate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Earth build new Stargate?

The Anicent has left so many stargate around, but in case if we ever want to build more Intergalactic Gate Bridge to other galaxy , or build stargate weapon like Asuran Satellite Weapon or equip BC-304 with stargate for logistic support.
    we should think about building new stargates and how reliable we can build it .

so far we only know a few species capable an building stargate.

The Ancient, the Ori, the Nox,Asgard ,Tollan and probably the Asuran.

The Tollan probably got helps from the Nox in building their stargate ,but the Tollan gate was not as durable as the Ancient Stargate, Anubis destroy their gate and trapped most Tollan on the planet, normal stargate can only be destory by naqahdriah-enhanced "Gatebuster" nuclear bomb.

With the Asgard database, and Atlantis database, i am sure Earth has gain enough stargate knowledge and experiene to built a new stargate.

normal stargate comprise of stable Naqahdah base alloy , which act as superconductor and absorb large amount of energy .
    But alternative material an also build stargate like Orlin's homemade stargate

using 100 pounds of pure raw titanium, 200 feet of fiber optic cable, seven 100,000 watt industrial strength capacitors, and a toaster.Material that an be order online and deliver to your home.
    But it's programm burn out after one use.

Imagine when the Wrath and ori war is over, and Earth can built ships carry stargate or stargate ship like Asuran Satellite, it go further and further into distant galaxies ,using stargate to bring in new material to assemble new Earth style gate and one by one , new intergalatic bridge can be build as they reach new frontier.
    Last edited by ckwongau; 03 August 2007, 08:36 PM.

we still need their coordinates that match with the new galaxies stars i believe. I highly doubt we could build our own stargate, we dont have enough naquadah, and i really dont think our technology is up to that early ancient level yet. I dont remember the asgard ever being able to make a stargate.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

yeah I agree,
      even if we could understand how it works completely, it's still probably beyond our level of engineering.
      maybe only with the asgard matter converter.

Comment

I'm sure that the Asgard would have the capability to, they just never had a need to. They can move nearly as quickly in their ships as through a gate.
        sigpic

Comment

god how many times is this guna be posted, NO, no they cannot

Comment

Why the heck would we build a stargate when there are so many around already? When the tauri are at the same level of development as the Ancients when they were here, sure why not build more gates. But for now, no, not even close.
            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
            Caboose: They could be worse?
            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

stargates are pretty smart and very invurnarable and we dont even know how the ancients got the materials to make naquada alloy thing

plus we would have to travel to another galaxy to set up stargates since milky way is filled with perhaps billions of gates and the pegasus aswell.

and even when we get there we will still have to fly to solar system after solar system to put gates on and note down addresses.

but by the time we do that we would be as smart as the ancients but maybe less dependent on technology
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                plus we would have to travel to another galaxy to set up stargates since milky way is filled with perhaps billions of gates and the pegasus aswell.
                Why would we need to go to another galaxy? There's nothing stopping new gates being added to the gate network. The Tollan managed to build a new one and integrate it with the rest of the network without a problem.
                "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

What about that stargate that Orlin left behind in Sam's basement? It was made from common parts. I would think it could be reverse engineered in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by Morrolan View Post
                    What about that stargate that Orlin left behind in Sam's basement? It was made from common parts. I would think it could be reverse engineered in some way.
                    Well, actually, I have already put together a fairly realistic historical time line for an earth built stargate system based upon Orlin's mini-gate. It's fan-fic of course but I did my best to do a good job on it. It is contained inside a spoiler window of the first post on this thread: Original Gate Vehicle Design Thread

Comment

While there is a lot we can learn from that stargate it did burn out after just one use. I believe that far more could be learned from the gate they use now or even the ori supergate after we eventually kick their asses.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Since they have the Daedalus now, if they were really hard pressed, they could ask the Nox to help them, and carry it back to Earth.
                        sigpic
                        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ravroz View Post
                          While there is a lot we can learn from that stargate it did burn out after just one use. I believe that far more could be learned from the gate they use now or even the ori supergate after we eventually kick their asses.
                          The burned out gate would tell us more on how to build a stargate. It was made with easily obtained items. All they have to figure out is how to control the overload that burns it out.

It's easier to reverse engineer something made from technology you know how to build yourself then it is to reverse engineering something completely different

Comment

Given the right materials I say we could, even more since we got the Asgard database.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                              Given the right materials I say we could, even more since we got the Asgard database.
                              I really don't think the Asgard database is important for building our own stargate. We already know the fundamentals, it's more about the power.

Comment

Working...
                              X