This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A stupid, stupid joke

What was the principal threat during SG-1 seasons 6 and 7?

A SNAKE...

...on the ASCENDED PLANE.

[runs away]

haha awesome welcome to gateworld.

beer?
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

HAH!!!

This is by far the best first post I've ever seen on this forum.

Green for you.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

1) He ascended to a higher plane of existence. Therefore he's pure energy now, meaning he's a 'parasite' no longer. He's in the exact same state as ascended humans.

2) He wasn't only on a higher plane, he was also primarily on the lower plane as he was trying to take over the galaxy.

However he was not the primary threat, it was the Jaffa warriors in their Ha'taks who were under his control that were the main threat. Take them away & he's nothing because he can't use any ascended knowledge or power in the lower planes!

Therefore, not funny in any way!

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
          1) He ascended to a higher plane of existence. Therefore he's pure energy now, meaning he's a 'parasite' no longer. He's in the exact same state as ascended humans.

2) He wasn't only on a higher plane, he was also primarily on the lower plane as he was trying to take over the galaxy.

However he was not the primary threat, it was the Jaffa warriors in their Ha'taks who were under his control that were the main threat. Take them away & he's nothing because he can't use any ascended knowledge or power in the lower planes!

You spelt Plane wrong. It's 'plain'...

Where as in the joke, it was 'plane' as in 'Snakes on a Plane'.

I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Fantastic, DocumentN!

Green, of course.

A.
            VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

lol best first post ever.

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post

No, plane is a noun and can mean either an airplane or a plane of existence, like a plane in geometry, whereas 'plain' is an adjective, used to describe something.
              Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
              Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
              Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
              --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                No, plane is a noun and can mean either an airplane or a plane of existence, like a plane in geometry, whereas 'plain' is an adjective, used to describe something.
                yup, i was going to post something to that same affect until i saw you'd already done it.
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

oh.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post

Plane (metaphysics):

In metaphysics and esoteric cosmology, a plane of existence (sometimes called simply a plane, dimension, overworld, realm, vibrating plane, or an inner, invisible, spiritual, supraphysical world, or egg) is conceived as a subtle region of space (and/or consciousness) beyond, but permeating, the known physical universe (or a portion of the physical universe itself) and inhabited by evolving spirit-life beings in different stages of consciousness.

A plain, on the other hand, is a large area of land with relatively low relief.
                    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

....oh.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post

Geez, somebody needs to get some Sense of Humor[tm].

Nice one DocumentN! You get green.

Comment

Originally posted by DocumentN View Post

A SNAKE...

[runs away]
                          *rimshot*

Cute one!
                          sigpic
                          Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

im not sure what was sadder... the joke, or the fact that i liked it... my gods
                            ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

Originally posted by DocumentN View Post

A SNAKE...

[runs away]

LOL!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X