This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pro Star Trek Thread

We've all embraced the gritty world that is Stargate (Hell, the grittiness is the reason I like Stargate) but I thought it was right that we should dedicate a thread to the visionary that is Gene Roddenberry
    The reason we are drawn to Star Trek is the "golden age" ideal - In the case of Star Trek, the golden age is set in the future,. It's an idea that at some point, we put our petty bigotry to one side and think of humanity as a whole and how we as a species will survive.

While Star Trek Enterprise seems to have lost classic fans, I think that it has made Star Trek accessible to more people (well lets put it this way, it got my brother in to trek - and he's a committed non Treki) it made the Roddenberry ideal accessible

The idea that we can work our way past greed and try to develop our humanity?
    The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

I just got in to star trek, After along I said what the hell but not all of them. I just like Enterprise and TNG dam the dvds are so much money.
    Join my forum if you lucky you could be a mod Free World Forums

Comment

I got into Star Trek through Voyager about ten years back. I thought is was the coolest show ever (I was nine at the time ). Then I started watching TNG a few years ago, and I couldn't believe how much better it was. Now I'm watching the third season of DS9, and I love that too. I have yet to watch a single episode of TOS though.

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
      The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Working...
      X