This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ever happened to Lt. Ford?

Forgive me for being "noobish", but what did ever happen to Ford? Last I saw, unless I missed something was he went rogue and joined a group taking a wraith enzyme to become super soldiers. But beyond that It seems like that story arc went cold. Did I miss something?

-------------------------------------
    Enough of your flashy signatures and pics!
    I'll just go with "Indeed...."

No. We don't really know what happened, but in my opinion:

Spoiler:
    He took in "The Hive" enough enzime that allow him to travel to the speed of light. We should see him again in one milion years when he reaches the nearest planet with stargate.

Comment

Whatever happened to Mr. Garibaldi? Heh, sorry. Saw your title and this is what I immediately thought.

I liked Ford, and I wish that (even if they felt (wrongly) that his character wasn't good as a full time character) they would have kept his character going with his own part time story arc. Just dropping him like this was not cool.

Comment

To be completely honest,

He more than likely got blown up on the Wraith hive ship. It can't be proven, of course, which gives him the possibility of returning, but more than likely, he got blown up.
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

One day, if SGA goes long enough, I hope to find out for certain Ford's fate. IMO, TPTB owe those of us that liked his character that much.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

eventuly he will pop up when ever they need filler or eventuly they will probably really finish him off but when they do there wont be any question.
            Jacob Carter "where almost done"

Daniel Jackson " good I dont think they bought it"

Jacob Carter "why who did you say you where"

Daniel Jackson " the great and powerful OZ"

Jacob Carter "sam we have to go, now"

Dr. Daniel Jackson:"True enlightenment must begin with the truth"

Comment

He's in a distant galaxy having a picnic with Jonas Quinn and Hathor.

Comment

At least Hathor had a death sequence, it's been a little too common recently when the writers haven't been certain that they can get actors back to give them possible live/death scenes ;

Ford - may be alive or dead.
                Michael - in early season three, they gave him a possible off-camera death scene, he got to come back and is still alive.
                Ba'al - in Dominion, they gave him a possible death scene in the Adria situation and the mass clone deaths, but still made it clear that he could still be alive.
                The Ori - it's become quite the question, whether they survived the events of The Shroud or not.

I know a lot of people aren't fans of Lucius, but at least Irresponsible had an actual death scene for Kolya. It's all too rare to get closure these days.

Comment

Originally posted by YodaMate View Post
                  At least Hathor had a death sequence, it's been a little too common recently when the writers haven't been certain that they can get actors back to give them possible live/death scenes ;

Ford - may be alive or dead.
                  Michael - in early season three, they gave him a possible off-camera death scene, he got to come back and is still alive.
                  Ba'al - in Dominion, they gave him a possible death scene in the Adria situation and the mass clone deaths, but still made it clear that he could still be alive.
                  The Ori - it's become quite the question, whether they survived the events of The Shroud or not.

I know a lot of people aren't fans of Lucius, but at least Irresponsible had an actual death scene for Kolya. It's all too rare to get closure these days.
                  Ford- Don't quote me, but I believe TPTB have said in interviews that they still consider him alive. I think they were happy with SuperFord, so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw him again, but this season will be devoted to:
                  • Establishing a richer background for the stars
                  • Writing off Wier
                  • Bringing back Becket (as recurring)
                  • Bringing in Carter
                  • Establishing a new major race
                  • Not to mention dealing with Michael's Bug Army
                  • And the overarching "War Arc" that allegedly involves both the Wraith & Asurans
                  so, it will definitely be the most jam-packed season yet, and the writers have more than double the amount of time to plan out the season.

With Ford, I see it as more of a lack of time/convenience than anything else, but given the opportunity I could see him popping up in S5.

Michael- He'll be back at least by 2008, and clearly isn't dead.

Ba'al- Is alive, he's the main villain in the movie....

The Ascended Ori- Based on SG1 venturing into the Ori Galaxy, and Ba'al's testimony that Adria knows that they're dead, I imagine they are dead, or descended, or locked into a state of an inability to interfere (think Oma & Anubis). If they were still a factor, then the instant SG-1 ventured into the Ori's territory, the Ori would be able to just zap SG1 into oblivion, and since that would make for a poor full-length film, I doubt it'll happen.
                  sigpic
                  "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                  ~David Hewlett

Comment

Now serious, Ford is dead!

There are no conventional ways to bring him back. The only way out of a Hive ship in space is with a dart, this if you have the skills to fly it ...

Comment

I like the mystery of not knowing if Ford is dead or not. In real life, people go missing with their ultimate fate never being discovered. Ford's fate being unkown is realistic in that respect. If we never see him again, we can assume he died in "The Hive." However, since we didn't see him die, the writers have the option of bringing him back for a few episodes.

I suspect Ford's return would go like this, "We've got three episode slots to fill up, and all of our ideas are lame." "Hey, let's bring back Ford for a trilogy, we never actually saw him die, so he could return." "Excellent, get to work, people!"

Comment

Originally posted by elbo View Post
                        Now serious, Ford is dead!

There are no conventional ways to bring him back. The only way out of a Hive ship in space is with a dart, this if you have the skills to fly it ...
                        The same could be said about Beckett, but it makes no difference.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          The same could be said about Beckett, but it makes no difference.
                          Exactly. In scifi, no one stays dead for long. I think he'll be back in S5.
                          click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

They should bring him back for at lest one two or three episodes that would be nice.
                            Join my forum if you lucky you could be a mod Free World Forums

Comment

Bring him back for the season finale!

The super Ford with attitude taking on the Wraith or Replicators, would be cool.

Saving Atlantis teams neck right on time...

Comment

Working...
                              X