This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new cover art for Atlantis Season 3 box set

Wow i don't know if anybody has seen it, but the new art for the Atlantis season 3 is not very nice i have seen better , in fact the last one was much better, but i don't know maybe it is a joke , cause it is just ugly??
    sigpic
    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Yeah, alot of us Carson fans have already sent emails to Fox complaining about it and asking for the return of the previous cover art.

IMO the new cover art is just a piece of crap... poorly done and with no skill. As an amature graphic designer myself I could do better, much better. I wouldn't mind it so much except for the fact that obviously someone took the heads off of one photograph and superimposed them upon the bodies from another. Which is why John and Rodney look so odd...

If anybody else wants to email fox about it, the email is [email protected]

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

well i know one thing i will not buy that if it looks like that , i will tell them that too, thanks
      sigpic
      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

wow...I just saw it and I agree...the original one is so much better.
        Last edited by nighthawk_77; 16 July 2007, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
          well i know one thing i will not buy that if it looks like that , i will tell them that too, thanks
          That is what I'm affraid of. I hate the new cover and have sent fox, and MGM emails, however I will still buy it because it is a great show and season.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            That is what I'm affraid of. I hate the new cover and have sent fox, and MGM emails, however I will still buy it because it is a great show and season.
            Yeah, I will be buying it as well because I love the show and want to have it on DVD.
            However if it does come out with this cruddy art you can be guaranteed that I will photoshop up my own (and undoubtedly much better) art and replace it asap.

Comment

Yes, it is a great show and was a great season. So I'll definitely be buying it, bad cover or not.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I don't spend much time looking at the cover. It's bad, and that's a pity, but not for one moment did I consider not buying this.
                Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                  Yeah, I will be buying it as well because I love the show and want to have it on DVD.
                  However if it does come out with this cruddy art you can be guaranteed that I will photoshop up my own (and undoubtedly much better) art and replace it asap.
                  well i definitely can agree with that i'll definitely make my own cover, buy it yeah replace that cruddy cover most definitely ,

i mean really how could they get away with this it looks terrible they are suppose to give quality and i can't believe they would do that i wonder if the actors have seen this ? and what would they think ???
                  sigpic

Comment

How much would you charge to do that for us that have no clue how do do that? Because I'd love to have a better cover than this piece of crap.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Anyone know where the new art is posted?

Comment

How much would you charge to do that for us that have no clue how do do that? Because I'd love to have a better cover than this piece of crap.
                        Well, I guess it depends on how well my own custom graphic comes out and how much time it takes to make it. Also it depends on how much it would cost to print it out (I'd take the image to a pro print shop because I don't have a decent printer). So, I really don't know at the moment, I'd have to stop by the printers and see what an estimate would be.

If you are seriously interested shoot me a PM sometime and we can hash out details and whatnot.

Comment

hehe, forgot to do the multi-quote

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
                          Anyone know where the new art is posted?
                          Here are the two versions of the cover art

The first, temporary cover (and the good one!)
                          http://www.gateworld.net/store/graphics/dvd_atl_s3set_fpo.jpg

And the new, final cover
                          http://www.gateworld.net/store/graphics/dvd_atl_s3set_l.jpg

Comment

hehe, forgot to do the multi-quote

Here are the two versions of the cover art

The first, temporary cover (and the good one!)
                            http://www.gateworld.net/store/graphics/dvd_atl_s3set_fpo.jpg

And the new, final cover
                            http://www.gateworld.net/store/graphics/dvd_atl_s3set_l.jpg
                            OH GROSS!!!

Comment

thanks you guys i am glad y'all have something to say, i thought maybe it was a joke, but they are really going to have that cruddy cover
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X