This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should RTD finish 'Shada'?

Basically, 'Shada' is an unfinished episode from the Tom Baker era that was later adapted and finished as a web-animation with the 8th Doctor.

What do you think? Should RTD take 'Shada' and adapt it into a finished 10th Doctor episode for season 30?

Well, not RTD himself but Steven Moffat, who is part of RTDs team, and has wrote some of the best episodes since the show was revived.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

What is the episode about?

Right now, I'll say no. I'm happy with RTD and how he has been integrating classic and new storylines without needing to retread an unfinished episode.
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

It all depends on what Douglas Adams' estate has to say as he wrote the majority of it, I don't know the ins and outs of who finished it but Adams' family are usually pretty good about his stuff. Everyone should see or read Douglas Adams' work at least once

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
        It all depends on what Douglas Adams' estate has to say as he wrote the majority of it, I don't know the ins and outs of who finished it but Adams' family are usually pretty good about his stuff. Everyone should see or read Douglas Adams' work at least once
        Indeed (Is currently reading the long dark tea time of the soul)

Comment

I was reading Hitchhikers in junior school. I enjoyed Starship Titanic too

Comment

Much of Shada was put into Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Angency, like Professor for example. Good book that all Douglas Adams fans should read.

I personally think Shada should be left alone, it just wouldn't be the same without Tom Baker and the other great actors they had. I actually enjoyed the release they did with Baker narrating the parts that didn't get filmed. It's one of my favorite stories even unfinished.
            "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Rowana View Post
              Much of Shada was put into Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Angency, like Professor for example. Good book that all Douglas Adams fans should read.

I personally think Shada should be left alone, it just wouldn't be the same without Tom Baker and the other great actors they had. I actually enjoyed the release they did with Baker narrating the parts that didn't get filmed. It's one of my favorite stories even unfinished.
              I dunno, the Paul McGann version was rather good.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

If anyone's interested the BBC are serialising Dirk Gentley on Radio 4 in October with Harry Enfield as Dirk

Comment

If anyone's interested the BBC are serialising Dirk Gentley on Radio 4 in October with Harry Enfield as Dirk
                  Really? I'd love to hear that. Wonder if there's any chance of getting it in the US. *sigh* Probably have to wait for a release.
                  "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Go to http://http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/ the Radio 4 homepage and use the listen live function or listen again if you miss it the first time

Comment

Go to http://http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/ the Radio 4 homepage and use the listen live function or listen again if you miss it the first time
                      Nice! Thanks so much!

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

You're welcome

Comment

Sweet! Thanks for the link!

Comment

You're welcome too

Comment

Working...
                            X