Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you define "smart"? Knowing a lot of stuff doesn't mean you're smart, it's just that you've had a lot of time to collect a lot of knowledge.

Comment

I'd say the Nox were the smartest, because as far as we can tell, they don't have any enemies to speak of. They are in touch with nature, yet have that freakin' floating city, so they're awesome. If by "smart" we mean "common sense", it's definitely them.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

For those of you who have said that the Tau'ri have surpassed the Asgard - your wrong

We are using their technology which they created.

We have larger numbers and our civilisation is not falling apart like the Asgard's was, however they are and for a long time will be more 'Intelligent' then the Tau'ri.

Also with the Ori situation - now that the Asgard weapons are affective against the Ori shielding and the Asgard shields are strong enough to take multipule hits, I would say the gap between Ancient/Ori and Asgard technology has shortened quite suddenly. But I agree the Ori still have the upperhand atm.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:
        President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
        President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
        Forum Charmer
        Forum Ambassador
        Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

very few of the tauri know about the tech

Even less truely understand it {I still think the asgard installed the transporters}

therefore as a race we aint tat advanced

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
            the white plant people > everyone else
            Crap, I was about to say the weird naked aliens.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

We, earthlings are the smartest between races. And like a specie, humans have the greatest potential. Now it depends how this potential is explored from a race of humans to another.

We advance in the last 10 years to a incredible rate in understanting and building technology, we have made rewardfull alliances, with Asgard and Tok'ra, now we are a major power in both MW and Pegasus, with a advance fleet of inter-galactic ships, we eliminate threats more advance than us, because we understand them better, and especially their weakneses and use against them. If we continue this path we can acomplish in few hundreds years, what Ancients did in milions of years of evolution, and still be superior to them in every aspect: maturity, inteligence, compassion and responsability for others not just for our own survival, like the Ancients.

So far, our main job was to repair the mess Ancients left behind.

Unfortunately the secrecy of Stargate program, limit the evolution of earthlings like a whole, limit their education and potential to embrace new fields of expertise and sience, keep the most basic truth hidden from the general population.

About the other races, i don't see them like proportionate, but like extremes, with strengths and weakneses that neutralize eachother and can't allow them to achive greatness. Some are more inteligent than us, but less smart or wise, some are too aggresive and logicaly tend to neutralize eachother, and others are too passive to survive for long.

Humans/earthlings are the best writen race, and i think that this is the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme_Commander_Thor View Post
                Our technology is not as advanced as the wraith the wraith having technology as advanced as the ancients, and we can still give them a run for there money.

The wraith were no where near as advanced as the ancients! An ancient ship can take out a wraith ship in one shot....not to mention the whole hyperdrive and shield stuff
                I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                  the smartest race are the Ascended Beings. Then the Ancients and the Ori (Ancient/alterans were perhaps more advanced). The next ones are the Asgards, after them Wraith (they defeated the Ancients only because they were superior in numbers).

then the Nox, Furlings, Tollans

then goa'uld (Anubis was more advanced. And I believe he was advanced than Tollans).

we are more advanced than the jaffas (they are only soldiers who serve goa'uld)

but we now have the entire asgard knowledge. But it doesn't mean we are andvanced as the Asgard
                  I disagree because we've not seen really anything regarding the Ori other than powerful weapons & a good power source to boost their shields.

On the ground, their warriors have virtually nothing advanced about them.

I've discounted all ascended beings, since it gives them a bit of an unfair advantage over the 'mortals' of the universe.

The most advanced were obviously the Lanteans & Alterans. Then came the Asurans. Human form Replicators. Then I would say the Asgard. The Aschen. After that it would probably have been the Wraith. Then Anubis. The Tollans. The ordinary Goa'uld system lords. The Tok'ra. Then the humans of Earth.

There would probably be a different structure if were knew more about the aliens in 'Grace', Gadmeer, Re'tu, Furlings, Altairian, Atonieks among the many.

However most of them are now gone. So I'd probably say the smartest out of them all nowadays is the humans. Not in outright knowledge. More along the lines of simplicity & ingenuity...something races like the Asgard & Lanteans lacked, that ultimately ended up costing them dearly. In 10 years, they have gone from total newbs, to being virtual top dogs in the MW galaxy largely thanks to the Asgard. Probably the most advanced progression ever seen in the universe to date!

I think races like the Ancients, Asgard etc are simply too smart for their own good. They evolved to a point where they no longer had the correct thinking for waging war against vicious enemies. Whereas 'lesser' species do have, so in any conflicts, it gives them the edge.

Out of all the living races today that we know of, I'd say the Asurans are top dogs. Wraith second. Humans third, Goa'uld/Tok'ra fourth & Jaffa/Lucian Alliance fifth.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                    The wraith were no where near as advanced as the ancients! An ancient ship can take out a wraith ship in one shot....not to mention the whole hyperdrive and shield stuff
                    He has a good point. The Wraith only won the war due to numbers.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by elbo View Post
                      If we continue this path we can acomplish in few hundreds years, what Ancients did in milions of years of evolution,
                      I think you're forgetting the ancients actually had to invent their technology, that means research, experiments, theories, time and resources.
                      if we didn't have a stargate, we wouldn't have even left our solar system for at least 500 years.
                      so it's pretty rediculous to compare us to the ancients.

Comment

I think the Tollan hands down. They proved they could build Stargates (and make it work). They made an awesome planetary defense network (until the Goa'uld ruined it but they came back with even better weapons). They can walk through solid objects. They can disarm everyone. In short, they're awesome.

I wish the Ori had attacked them and they'd joined the anti-Ori Coalition with us and helped us make some aweseom weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                          I disagree because we've not seen really anything regarding the Ori other than powerful weapons & a good power source to boost their shields.
                          The Ori are the Ascended beings. That's my point. Their soldiers are bunch of farmers with weapons and without years of military training
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

The Furling!! Why? They stayed out of the way!!

Comment

Technology is no sign of species intelligence, for example the Goa'uld stole their technology, there is no evidence that they've ever came up with anything.

Also I believe that cetaceans are smarter than primates including ourselves, we just go about things differantly, plus they don't have hands..
                              Originally posted by G.B Shaw
                              Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
                              Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
                              Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
                              You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
                              Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
                              One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
                              You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
                              The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
                              www.7-scales.co.uk
                              http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

Working...
                              X