Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Smartest Race

Thor The Smartest Race

Out of what you would call the main races Eg: Tua'ri,jaffa,goa'uld,wraith,ori,asgard,ancients and replecators etc.witch one is has the most advanced technology.
    The ori have better technology than the Tua'ri,jaffa,goa'uld and asgard hens the way they kicked our buts at the super gate. The ori and the ancients were once one race but the ori were more religious and the antcients were more scientific whitch split them apart so i recon the ori have less advanced technology then the ancients. Our technology is not as advanced as the wraith the wraith having technology as advanced as the ancients, and we can still give them a run for there money. So we should be able to give the ori a run for there money. but as you can see at the super gate we obviously don't. If im right the show ****ed up if im wrong (most likely am) were did i go wrong
    Supreme Commander Thor

Colonel

Default Re: The Smartest Race

the smartest race are the Ascended Beings. Then the Ancients and the Ori (Ancient/alterans were perhaps more advanced). The next ones are the Asgards, after them Wraith (they defeated the Ancients only because they were superior in numbers).

then the Nox, Furlings, Tollans

then goa'uld (Anubis was more advanced. And I believe he was advanced than Tollans).

we are more advanced than the jaffas (they are only soldiers who serve goa'uld)

but we now have the entire asgard knowledge. But it doesn't mean we are andvanced as the Asgard

Humans have advanced faster then any other race, in 10 years we went from no idea about life outside earth to surpassing the Asgard. Thus i believe the humans are the smartest race.
    "Dying doesn't work in our favour!"

humans are probably the best learners, but the smartest races are ancients and replicators, both ahead of the asgard, the ori are smart but dont use as much technology now than the ancients did thousands of years ago. and i sort of disqualify them and the ancients seeing as they are ascended anyway, so the replicators are smartest.
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    STARGAvaTarIII
    http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k4...0137376zj2.png

I agree with g.o.d that the Asended beings are the race in terms of knowledge. In terms of technology I would say the replicators because they can change form to build whatever they need to get the task done.

well the acended have the most knowledge and understanding for the universe. I dont know if I would say that the replicators are smart I mean look how they fight they go stragiht at the enemy no tactical manuvers or something like that . The ancinets are the ones that are smartest (was smartes)

Much like g.o.d.:

- Ascended Beings
    - Alterans/Ancients/Lanteans
    - Ori
    - Asgard
    - Nox
    - Wraith
    - Tollan/Tok'ra
    - Tau'ri/Goa'uld (with the Asgard knowledge, we're at about this level. But we have no idea how to properly use any of this stuff, and most of this tech is hidden away from the general population. So I'd only rate us as high as the Goa'uld)
    - Jaffa
    - Replicators (They have no real intelligence save replication, and can only cause the damage they do due to their resistance to energy weapons and fast multiplication.)
    Last edited by s09119; July 10th, 2007 at 01:39 PM. Reason: "THEIR LEVEL" sounded like I meant the Asgard's.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Second Lieutenant

Earth technology was given to them WE didnt make it therefore it doesnt really count

And the only time we surpassed the asgard was when they sucided and gave us all there tech

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Earth technology was given to them WE didnt make it therefore it doesnt really count

And the only time we surpassed the asgard was when they sucided and gave us all there tech
    but we understand it

Quote Originally Posted by JoNzA View Post
    but we understand it
    Not really. We understand what we had before, but not ALL the Asgard technology in the database. Not even close.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Quote Originally Posted by s09119 View Post
    Not really. We understand what we had before, but not ALL the Asgard technology in the database. Not even close.
    I did not mean all the stuff we got in unending. I mean the things we already had before that.

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme_Commander_Thor View Post
    Out of what you would call the main races Eg: Tua'ri,jaffa,goa'uld,wraith,ori,asgard,ancients and replecators etc.witch one is has the most advanced technology.
    The ori have better technology than the Tua'ri,jaffa,goa'uld and asgard hens the way they kicked our buts at the super gate. The ori and the ancients were once one race but the ori were more religious and the antcients were more scientific whitch split them apart so i recon the ori have less advanced technology then the ancients. Our technology is not as advanced as the wraith the wraith having technology as advanced as the ancients, and we can still give them a run for there money. So we should be able to give the ori a run for there money. but as you can see at the super gate we obviously don't. If im right the show ****ed up if im wrong (most likely am) were did i go wrong
    I would say the Ascended.

After that, I'd say the Replicators and Ancients at the #2 spot, here... since we're talking strictly technology.

4th would be the Asgard, and then the Ori in 5th and Wraith 6th, Goa'uld 7th, Tau'ri 8th and Jaffa last.

Reasoning:

The Ascended know most everything about everything in the 'lower' universe, and thus are capable of creating the most advanced stuff.

The Replicators and Ancients are both at the #2 spot, because they are both practically the same in terms of technology. They use the same types of materials to do the same types of stuff. Only difference being that the Replicators also have the innate ability to transform replicator blocks into anything they want, so they can more easily construct what they can conceive, but the technology is probably about the same or just slightly more advanced. So maybe Replicators #2 and Ancients #3?

Asgard is probably the clear #4 over the Ori and Wraith. Why? Because Asgard ships are more capable (see Unending, where just one Asgard laser gun took out a pair of Ori ships, and the Ori ships couldn't break through the shields very easily), and the Ori -- as in the followers, not the ascended -- get all their technology handed down to them via the ascended. Without that input, the followers of the Ori -- not the ascended ones -- are basically a medieval society, right? Hardly advanced on it's own.

Wraith are probably behind the Ori just because of all that the ascended have given the Ori followers, they can build stargates, supergates, big honkin' space ships, etc. The wraith can use the stargates and can make tough A.I.-like viruses, and make bigger honkin' space ships. But they haven't mastered galactic hyperdrives, they can't make it to other galaxies yet. And we don't know much else about their technology than that.

Goa'uld are about the level of the Wraith, they aren't as good at making viruses or making big honkin' ships, although Anubis did have a really badass mothership... and the major advancements they have are mostly one-time deals, when they find ancient technology lying around. Anubis was the only one to really re-create anything more advanced on a grand scale, and that's only because he was half-ascended.

Tau'ri and then Jaffa is pretty self-explanatory, and was already addressed.

Lieutenant Colonel

MAJOR RACES:
    Ascended Beings
    Alterans/Lantean
    MW Replicators
    Asurans
    Asgard
    MW Ori

Proof:
    Ascended Beings, well I can't imagine many arguments.

Lanteans, well Alteran tech defeated the Replicators fairly easily. Nothing seen could take on a fully operational CityShip or Aurora.

MW Replicators, sure an Ori Cruiser or an O'Neill could vaporize a Replicator Warship, but in an all out War, neither would stand a chance.

Asurans, even if they could develop ARGs, they'd wind up as dead as the MW Replicators. Asurans don't Replicate. 7 bugs could take down the entire Asuran world. But a few of their CityShips & Auroras would take down the Asgard fleet in its prime.

Asgard, the Asgard's 2007 tech included time manipulation tech, shields that absorbed numerous Ori bombardments, and Beam tech that was 2nd only to the Lantean's. An O'Neill with the upgrades would be more than a match for a small fleet of Ori Battle Cruisers.

MW Ori have overpowered every MW superpower.
    Last edited by Ripple in Space; July 10th, 2007 at 02:14 PM.

the white plant people > everyone else
    EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
    -Liberty Prime

Quote Originally Posted by rlr149 View Post
    LOL "One False Step" for the win!

General

How do you define "smart"? Knowing a lot of stuff doesn't mean you're smart, it's just that you've had a lot of time to collect a lot of knowledge.

I'd say the Nox were the smartest, because as far as we can tell, they don't have any enemies to speak of. They are in touch with nature, yet have that freakin' floating city, so they're awesome. If by "smart" we mean "common sense", it's definitely them.
    Ganthet Jr. is formerly "TheInnkeeper"

Teal'c: Your world is a strange place.
    Daniel: ...So's yours.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Lieutenant Colonel ACharmedAsgard's Avatar

For those of you who have said that the Tau'ri have surpassed the Asgard - your wrong

We are using their technology which they created.

We have larger numbers and our civilisation is not falling apart like the Asgard's was, however they are and for a long time will be more 'Intelligent' then the Tau'ri.

Also with the Ori situation - now that the Asgard weapons are affective against the Ori shielding and the Asgard shields are strong enough to take multipule hits, I would say the gap between Ancient/Ori and Asgard technology has shortened quite suddenly. But I agree the Ori still have the upperhand atm.

Spoiler:
    President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
    President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
    Forum Charmer
    Forum Ambassador
    Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Second Lieutenant

very few of the tauri know about the tech

Even less truely understand it {I still think the asgard installed the transporters}

therefore as a race we aint tat advanced

Quote Originally Posted by rlr149 View Post
    Crap, I was about to say the weird naked aliens.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu