This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Stargate RTS game should be made

I know they are planning a Stargate MMORPG but I think they should make a Stargate RTS. For all of you who don't know what an RTS game is RTS means Real Time Strategy and some examples of this type of game are Emprie Earth and Age of Empires.
    I think that a stargate RTS would be so fun I would buy it.
    The races i think should be playable in it would be the Goa'uld,Tauri,Ori,Asgard and the Replicators.
    It takes a War to aquire Peace.

yeah i agree, this has been on my thoughts for ages, although i don't know how Asguard infantry would fair against the Jaffa and etc lol...

I would love it to be kinda Civilisation style even, that would be cool.

Comment

hmm not sure how well this would work, i'm quite a big Command and conquer fan and i love rts's but i own the Aliens vs predator RTS and it doesn't work quite as well as it should, mostly because the way the different teams fight it was almost impossible to balance the game properly, i think there would be the same problem in a stargate rts, i agree it would be cool, but i think i'll be happy enough with SG Worlds.
      if it were to be done though i would say it should be humans, goauld andreplicators, then do an expansion for season 10+ with Ori and stuff
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

how bout a space sim? now that would be awesome

Comment

yeah that would be, there is a free online game called final war 2 which is a star trek top down 2D space sim, and they were making a stargate version, but it seems to never have happened.

what might be awesome is a stargate game based on the format of Battlefield/SW:Battlefront. with attackers and defenders, different player classes, specific spawn points, and flyable vehicles
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Heffa View Post
            how bout a space sim? now that would be awesome

similar to for example Imperium Galactica. You will pick up one race (Ancients, Ori, Wraiths, Asgard, Goa'uld, other) and try to build a space empire. There will many minor races (Tauri, Nox, Tollan, Genii, etc.) so could make alliances with them. You will be able to create a hero for your race, each one with bonuses (advanced technology, more experienced army, better understanding of the universe ). The goal will be creation of the universe empire or ascencion of the entire race.
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

I'm bored, so...

Spoiler:
              ASGARD: Strength: Powerful weapons and shields
              Weakness: Single-Purpose units

Infantry:

Drone Infantry: Robotic soldiers carrying energy canons. Strong versus Jaffa and Ori warriors, but weak against Replicators.

Anti-Air Drone: Robotic soldier armed with Asgard energy projectile launcher. Very strong versus Death Gliders and F-302s. Weak versus Ori fighters and Puddle Jumpers.

Turret Drone: Robotic soldier that can entrench to fire a powerful energy canon. Can be upgraded to an anti-Replicator form.

Repair Drone: Smaller robot that can repair and upgrade pre-existing drones.

Aircraft:

Drone Fighter: A small fightercraft that is equipped with a modest shield generator and two pulse canons. Though they cost more than other races' fighters, they are far more durable. Strong versus all aircraft except Ori fighters and Puddle Jumpers.

Drone Bomber: A powerful bomber that carries a payload of energy bombs. Can by upgraded with many different types of weapons.

Repair Drone (Air): Smaller aircraft that can repair and upgrade existing drone aircraft.

Troop Transport: Thanks to the compact size of drones, these small ships can carry many soldiers into battle. They are protected by a small deflector shield to repel minor assaults.

Special Abilities:

Beam-out: In case Asgard troops are overwhelmed by enemy forces, the player can beam his drones back to a pre-built beaming station. These stations can also be used to deposit troops almost anywhere on the battlefield, provided the area is not being shielded or jammed.

Time Dilation: Use of this effect will temporarily slow down time in a set area, allowing the player time to set up defenses or move in his troops for the kill.

Protected Planets Treaty: When activated, all Asgard drones recieve a combat bonus versus Goa'uld troops. All Goa'uld troops facing Asgard drones recieve a negative combat modifier, as well.

Special Buildings:

Time Dilation Field Generator: A device that can emmit a time dilation field smaller than the one created by the "Time Dilation" ability, but can be used to trap enemy troops.

Beaming Station: Units placed near the station can be beamed to any non-shielded or jammed place on the battlefield by use of the Asgard "Beam-out" ability.

Goa'uld System Lords: Strength: Cheap units
              Weakness: Weaker units than other races

Infantry: (Goa'uld infantry can be upgraded with anti-air or anti-tank emplacements once built)

Serpent Guard: Jaffa warriors in service to Apophis. These soldiers are not particularly good against anything, but can, en masse, take out enemy troops. They are the cheapest soldiers available. Armed with a staff weapon and stun grenade.

Horus Guard: Stronger Jaffa warriors with better armor. that are a match for enemy troops of all races. Still considered weaker than other main infantry, together they can pack a punch. Armed with a staff weapon/zat and stun grenade.

Staff Canon: A trio of Jaffa operating a staff canon can decimate enemy forces. Place them in defensible positions to wreak havoc. Can also fire on enemy aircraft.

Kull Warriors: The most powerful infantry unit in the game, Kull Warriors can easily kill hordes of enemy troops before being taken down. They are good versus all types of troops save those upgraded with Kull disruptor technology.

Aircraft:

Death Glider: A cheap fighter that can be built quickly to fend off enemy airstrikes. Not partcularly powerful, they can be useful in large groups.

Al'kesh: Heavy bomber. Can decimate ground installations, but lacks a good anti-aircraft weapon. They can be disabled by enemy fighters or overtaken by troops ringed or beamed aboard. Weak versus enemy fighters.

Troop Transport: A medium transport with no defensive systems but think armor. Can carry many, many infantry for large assaults.

Special Abilities:

Faith in the Gods: Use of this ability will temporarily increase the damage done by Jaffa warriors by 300%. This ability has an extremely long refresh timer.

Symbiotes (Passive Ability): All Jaffa/Kull infantry regenerate health at a slow rate thanks to their Goa'uld symbiotes.

Goa'uld Leaders: You can use this ability to summon a System Lord to the field. He/she will be armed with a hand device, a personal shield, and the ability to trigger the "Faith in the Gods" event far faster.

Ha'tak Bombardment: Call a fleet of Ha'tak to combard the battlefield and decimate your foes. Takes several minutes for the fleet to arrive.

Special Buildings:

Ring Platform: Once constructed, two or more ring platforms can transport troops to one another. Although they work in a smiliar fashion to beaming technology, they cannot transport troops nearly as fast, or in as large groups.

Replicators, Tau'ri, and Ori to follow.
              Last edited by s09119; 25 June 2007, 12:11 PM.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

do any of the major RTS' out there have modability?

Comment

i'd want it based on 'close combat' which is alot more infantry based than say 'c&c'

can't think of enough units i've seen in the show to make it "grander", no tanks for jaffa or humans etc, only see alkesh's normaly
                  sigpic
                  EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                  -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                    i'd want it based on 'close combat' which is alot more infantry based than say 'c&c'

can't think of enough units i've seen in the show to make it "grander", no tanks for jaffa or humans etc, only see alkesh's normaly
                    thats exactly why i don't think it would work too well as an RTS.
                    it may work well as a small team point and click RTS where you start off a mission by choosing a team of 4 people and their gear, and with with your team and you have to complete your mission, anything from stealthy intel gathering to taking down goa'uld strongholds or stealing technology or even defending a ruin whilst it is being translated. any team members that are injured for example have to be dragged to a safe place and guarded by one of your team, or taken back to the gate or healed by a medic or they will die and you can never use them in another mission. how well you complete your missions allows you to unlock more powerfull team members, and ultimately SG-1. it would work in a similar style to games such as commandos.
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    Quotes!
                    sigpic

Comment

still bored...

Spoiler:
                      Replicators: Strengths: Can build new units at lightning speeds.
                      Weekness: Very succeptible to anti-Replicator and projectile weaponry.

Infantry:

Standard Replicator: Large group of bugs created as a single unit. This group can attack foes by spraying them with digestor fluid which can also be used to destroy enemy buildings. Strong versus Ori, Goa'uld, and Asgard troops. Weak versus Tau'ri soldiers and anti-Replicator upgrades.

"Mother" Replicator: Larger variant of a standard bug. These come in single units, and can create new bots in the heat of battle for a small fee. Can transport a single group of Standard Replicators.

Launcher Replicator: Massive Replicator that can fire projectiles made of blocks at enemy aircraft.

Human-Form Replicator: Powerful warriors that are resisitant to projectile weapons as well as energy ones. Can kill enemies with a sword-like weapon and create new bots on the fly.

Aircraft:

Replicator Cruiser: Bug-shaped ship that acts as fighter/bomber/transport. It can fire block projectiles at enemy fighters and bombers, can drop them on enemy buildings or troops, and can carry dozens of groups of Replicators into combat.

Special Abilities:

Seeming Invulnerability (Passive Ability): Impervious to energy weaponry.

Nanites (Passive Ability): All Replicator units and buildings repair themselves at a steady rate.

Beam-out: In case Replicator troops are overwhelmed by enemy forces, the player can beam his drones back to a pre-built beaming station. These stations can also be used to deposit troops almost anywhere on the battlefield, provided the area is not being shielded or jammed.

Hostile Takeover: Activate this ability to infest a building/ship with Replicators. Within seconds, it will be under your control.

Special Buildings:

Beaming Station: Units placed near the station can be beamed to any non-shielded or jammed place on the battlefield by use of the Replicator "Beam-out" ability.

Ori: Strengths: Superior technology to all other races.
                      Weakness: Weak main infantry and expensive elite units.

Infantry:

Ori Soldier: A group of human warriors armed with an energy staff. Powerful versus Jaffa but weak versus SG teams and Replicators. Can be upgraded to carry a stunner weapon, as well.

Oracle: Female soldiers of the Ori given some Prior-like powers (The ability to telekinetically stop some energy/projectile weapons and enhanced reflexes). They carry a double-sided Ori staff weapon and are deadly in both hand-to-hand and ranged combat.

Prior: Male priests of the Ori faith. Priors specialize in setting up cross-battlefield effects such as increased strength of defense for Ori troops. They can also engage enemy forces with their telekinetic powers, but can be defeated by an anti-Prior device.

Aircraft:

Ori Fighter: A starfighter designed to take out infidelic forces. Armed with two energy canons and a shield generator. Powerful verses Death Gliders and Al'kesh, but weak versus Puddle Jumpers. Can be upgraded to carry a ring platform to deploy.

Special Abilities:

Ascended Knowledge (Passive Ability): All Ori unites recieve a 5% defense and damage bonus when actively fighting.

Converted Troops: Activating this ability will let you spawn several groups of converted Jaffa at any location you have a ring platform.

Aerial Attack: A swarm of Ori fighters will spawn and attack a chosen location, and keep attacking until they are destroyed.

Orbital Bombardment: Call in an Ori mothership to fire on the planet. This will destroy all units in a massive radius, so be wary.

Special Buildings:

Ring Platform: Once constructed, two or more ring platforms can transport troops to one another. Although they work in a smiliar fashion to beaming technology, they cannot transport troops nearly as fast, or in as large groups.

Stargate: Can build a stargate on the battlefield to summon troops from conquered planets.

Tau'ri: Strength: Versatile troops that can be upgraded to fit a variet of roles.
                      Weakness: Expensive units

Infantry:

SG Team: A team of 4 soldiers carrying a variety of weapons that can be switched out to be either anti-infantry, anti-aircraft, or anti-building. Can lay traps using mines and grenades. Extremely good versus Jaffa, Replicator, or Ori troops, but weak versus Asgard drones.

Medical Team: A group of medics protected by a few SGC soldiers. Can heal Tau'ri infantry units on the battlefield.

Aircraft:

F-302: Earth fighter capable of destroying Goa'uld and Replicator ships with ease. Carries 2 machine guns and 4 missiles which can be reloaded at an airbase. Can also be ordered to fire on ground targets.

Puddle Jumper: Lantean-designed bomber for the Earth forces. Can fire drone weapons at ground installations and aircraft, but they will need to be reloaded eventually. Can also cloak briefly, but Jumpers cannot fire while cloaked.

Special Abilities:

Beam-out: In case Tau'ri troops are overwhelmed by enemy forces, the player can beam his drones back to a pre-built beaming station. These stations can also be used to deposit troops almost anywhere on the battlefield, provided the area is not being shielded or jammed.

Human Ingenuity (Passive Ability): Tau'ri buildings and units recieve a 10% building speed bonus.

Atlantis Expedition: Use of this ability allows the player to equip his troops with Ancient technology, including scanners (which can alert you to incoming enemy troops) and personal shields (can absorb some damage).

Special Buildings:

Beaming Station: Units placed near the station can be beamed to any non-shielded or jammed place on the battlefield by use of the Tau'ri "Beam-out" ability.

PWARW: Use this to activate a planetaty-wide anti-Replicator weapon. This will expend ALL of your resources, and will take a good deal of time to finish, but it will destroy all Replicator units and buildings on the field.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

"F-302: Earth fighter capable of destroying Goa'uld and Replicator ships with ease. Carries 2 machine guns and 4 missiles which can be reloaded at an airbase. Can also be ordered to fire on ground targets."

The asguard couldnt destory Replicator ships with ease, how can a 302 do it? You make earth seem a bit to powerful.

Comment

Well, Asgards aren't an option anymore are they?

An RTS game would be cool, though I'm not a fan of the genre. I was looking forward to the Alliance, though, because they incooperated much more tactics into the game than a normal (or even military) FPS.

Comment

Just wait till starcraft II comes out

I (or someone better qualified) will make a Stargate total conversion for it.

Comment

Originally posted by OSUIvan View Post
                              "F-302: Earth fighter capable of destroying Goa'uld and Replicator ships with ease. Carries 2 machine guns and 4 missiles which can be reloaded at an airbase. Can also be ordered to fire on ground targets."

The asguard couldnt destory Replicator ships with ease, how can a 302 do it? You make earth seem a bit to powerful.
                              Ah, but you forget. All things Replicator-built are made of blocks, and suscepitible to projectile weaponry... Which 302s carry a lot of.

As for Asgard not being an option, we can ignore Unending and use their 9 other years of show, can't we?

Comment

Working...
                              X