The Way I Wish SG1 wold end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    the bolded part; it sounds like 'stargate university'.

sally
    Thats cause you have been brainwashed.

Comment

Whilst I am quite satisified with 'Unending' (
      Spoiler:
      The Asgard commiting massive really sucked!
      ), I am really looking forward to The Ark of Truth & Continuum (especially SG: TAOT! *lol*); although I really wish they would of had & there too, or @ least made reference to them - it would of been nice to acknowledge the other leading men of SG-1 as it draws to a close.

The nods to Hammond & previous milestones/iconic phrases & things which have become cannon throughout Sg-1's long ten years (so long, yet so short & so not done yet!); & I can't wait until SG Universe comes out (if it comes out) - a 3rd series would be awesome! - & am looking ofrward to Season 4 of SGA, & seeing SGa continue on for many years to come.

All in all, Sg-1 has done a greta job of entertaining us, moving us, making us laugh/cry/think/love & given us an excuse to sit in front of the 'idot box' week in & week out - - as well as being some of the best - if not THE best (@ least IMHO)! - entertainment on T.V. in an otherwise increasingly boring & dreary viewing experience that has become mainstream T.V.

Comment

i reckon the ultimate ending to stargate would the humans included as the fifth race and the stargate program going public.
        If i cant remember it, it didnt happen!

Comment

hey all i got to say is that at least let us see the Furlings, or beter yet.
          all "5" races together... (Furlings, Asgard, Nox, Ancients, Tau'ri (Humans))
          than that wold be all good how it ended... but none of them shown, only good thing is that the Asgard gave us there tech. Thats the only good thing that came to show in the ending.

Originally posted by matta View Post
          i reckon the ultimate ending to stargate would the humans included as the fifth race and the stargate program going public.
          I think when the Asgard gave there tech to us. = the fifth race... (dont know... takeing a gusset)

Comment

Mitchell dies while choking on maccaroons! Vala dies during a miscarriage with Daniel's baby. Lam poisons Landry and then commits suicide. Janet and Jacob descend. Sam/Jack, Daniel/Janet, Teal'c/Ishta get together and have babies.
            SG-Universe is the story of their offspring 30 years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
              Mitchell dies while choking on maccaroons! Vala dies during a miscarriage with Daniel's baby. Lam poisons Landry and then commits suicide. Janet and Jacob descend. Sam/Jack, Daniel/Janet, Teal'c/Ishta get together and have babies.
              SG-Universe is the story of their offspring 30 years from now.
              Good ending
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by matta View Post
                We are the Fifth race at the end of Unending.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I thought the ending was very poorly done. I may not have enjoyed much of the last 2 seasons but I had hoped at least the finale would have been something to remember, something special...but no. It was very boring watching the team sit on a ship all episode. I thought this was a bout a thing called "the Stargate", not about space ships. For the last episode I would really have included more gate activity.

"Lost City" that was a potential ender even had more gate in it, even though they spent a lot of time on board the cargo ship, and Prometheus included. The last 5 episodes (that I see as a big arc) in S8 had lot's of gate and some memorable action and drama. I could be OK with watching a potential future for the members of SG1, but it could have been done in a better way than to be stuck on the ship. I know the "show" isn't really tied up in that ep, but still I feel it was such a letdown considering it was the last real episode...not to mention the whole Asgard thing...

Comment

Well with there only being only three more episodes to shoot by time they found out about the cancellation, rewriting the story to be set anywhere other than on a ship or in the SGC would be pretty much impossible, there's no way they would have been able to get all the permits and extra's ready in time. Considering the position they were in, I think they did extremely well.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      Well with there only being only three more episodes to shoot by time they found out about the cancellation, rewriting the story to be set anywhere other than on a ship or in the SGC would be pretty much impossible, there's no way they would have been able to get all the permits and extra's ready in time. Considering the position they were in, I think they did extremely well.
                      Agreed. A finale of a show needs to be dramatic and have alot of heart in it and respect the shows entire run and viewers. A big climatic battle isn't neccesairly what it needed. The way it was done had heart, respect for the show and viewers and was dramatic and had action. They did extremely well. Oh and to mention the gate activity that is a poor argument simply because when the gate is shown it is only in the ep 1 or 2 times so IMO showing them heading through the gate doing what they do was very fitting.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                        Agreed. A finale of a show needs to be dramatic and have alot of heart in it and respect the shows entire run and viewers. A big climatic battle isn't neccesairly what it needed. The way it was done had heart, respect for the show and viewers and was dramatic and had action. They did extremely well. Oh and to mention the gate activity that is a poor argument simply because when the gate is shown it is only in the ep 1 or 2 times so IMO showing them heading through the gate doing what they do was very fitting.
                        Well I do agree it doesn't have to end with a big battle. But watching them grow old on the ship just did nothing for me. As I said, I won't remember this as a fantastic series finale. The show has already had better, possible endings. It had a couple of good moments. But some elements, like Landry in command of the ship (?!), the Asgard thing (can't see that as respectfull for the past 10 years!), just felt sort of forced to me. Having it play out on the SGC would make more sense, there Landry wouldn't feel 'out of place' to me. But some offworld stuff would have been much more interesting and a better way to end it all. But what's done is done...I respect that many of you enjoyed the series finale and thought it was a fitting end, I just don't agree on that.

Comment

Working...
                        X