X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori Technology

Ok so I ahve heard several different things about the Ori Tech

I have heard

1. Ori tech is behind that of the Anincets because it is what they hve when the Ancinets left so the Ancinets got more advanced and the Ori stayed the same.

2. Ori Tech is eqaul to the tech of Ancinets neither is more advanced then the other

3. Ori Tech is highly more advanced because it comes from Ascended Beings who have infinite Knowledge and enlightment making them smarter then the ancinets who died out 10,000 years ago

So what is it? More, less or the same or maybe a different options but please I want to know what people think. I mean I personaly think Option 3 makes the most sense so just let me know what you think
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

well 3 is wrong because they dont have infinite knowlege.

presumably its less than ancient knowlege because
    Spoiler:
    asgard weapons had no problem taking down an ori ship and shield in a few shots, and i doubt asgard weapons are powerful enough to take down an ancient designed shield
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
      well 3 is wrong because they dont have infinite knowlege.

presumably its less than ancient knowlege because
      Spoiler:
      asgard weapons had no problem taking down an ori ship and shield in a few shots, and i doubt asgard weapons are powerful enough to take down an ancient designed shield
      I don't know about that I mean the asgard are very advanced so it wouldn't be a strech for them to take down an ori shields but I know they don't have infinte knowledge but they are super smart and I think are on level with the Ancinets or even more advanced then what they left behind for us
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

i know the Asgard are a very powerful race, but i don't feel that they have enough to make their weapons that powerful.
        Spoiler:
        But it is possible that the Asgard made the weapons they put on the Odyssey capable of handling a lot of power. And the ZPM is what took those ships down quickly

Comment

i know the Asgard are a very powerful race, but i don't feel that they have enough to make their weapons that powerful.
          Spoiler:
          But it is possible that the Asgard made the weapons they put on the Odyssey capable of handling a lot of power. And the ZPM is what took those ships down quickly
          Yep plus it was the last episode so I bet they needed a way to try and wrap up the show a bit (I know two more movies but I bet they didn't have time to think of a better way and just gave us some super guns)
          A Face you Can Trust
          sigpic

Comment

Finally gave us what we wanted, directed energy weapons on our ships, but at a great price.

our favorite ally are now extinct.

Comment

Finally gave us what we wanted, directed energy weapons on our ships, but at a great price.

our favorite ally are now extinct.
              I will miss them but big as space guns are cool

But back to the point What is better an Orion or an O'neil class? Because the O"Neill lost to Ori Ship so if a O'Neill is better then the Orion then the Ori are better then the Ancinets if not then we are back to page 1 (literally we are on page 1)
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic

Comment

its hard to acurately gauge it because the only aurora class we saw in action was really just patched up and still had the crap beaten out of it. We either chose offense or defense, and the only weapon we seen was the drones. If its the primary weapon and the enemy can defend against the drones the orion is pretty much screwed.

Comment

True, I think we need some more people in here to get a good grasp on where the Ori are tech level is

But I still think that the Ori Tech is either superior or eqaul to that of the ancinets that are in atlantis
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm going to go with three. The Ori are ascended beings and the tech we see from the ancients comes from non-ascended beings. It is generally excepted that ascension is one of the highest forms of advancement if not the highest in Stargate. This means that the Ori can draw upon things that the ancients(preascension) may not have had access to. I don't believe they have infinite knowledge though. If they did I doubt they would even need ships, armies, etc.

The closest race to the tech level of Ori and Ancients was probably the Asgard although you can make solid arguments for Asurans and Replicators as well. Now the Asgard are gone and they have left us their knowledge so we are in pretty good shape really. But it is hard to compare different races when they all have different strengths and weaknesses and all are strong in some areas and weak in others even the Asgard, obviously with all of their genetic problems.
                    sigpic

Comment

I firmly believe the Ancients are advanced when compared to the Ori. A couple different things have made me think this. Which I won't go into now because counter strike > gateworld
                      www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

I think the ascended ancients have more knowledge than the Ori
                        they couldn't build a sangraal now could they?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                          I firmly believe the Ancients are advanced when compared to the Ori. A couple different things have made me think this. Which I won't go into now because counter strike > gateworld
                          When you have a chance go into depth please because I think the Ori are more tech advanced or at least equal to them
                          A Face you Can Trust
                          sigpic

Comment

I personally don't think that the Ori used ascended knowledge to create their technology, just stuff that they had pre-ascension. The Ancient's definitely have more technology than the Ori, but I don't believe that either is more advanced, I think they have the same knowledge, and the Ori couldn't create a Sangraal without one of them descending, Merlin had to descend to create it, or he just would have passed the information on to Arthur. And, I still think that those Asgard weapons were designed specifically to combat Ori shield technology.

Comment

don't forget everyone that the Ori ships are made from the marterials the villigers already had.

Comment

Working...
                              X